PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Society Scenario #5–18: The Stranger Within 21/8/2014 8pm bst

hawkwind
August 16th, 2014, 11:20
Pathfinder Society Scenario #5–18: The Stranger Within

A Pathfinder Society Scenario designed for levels 5–9.

Guaril Karela, a close ally of the Pathfinder Society and the leader of the Sczarni faction, made dangerous enemies during his bid for territory and influence, and several of the rivals that he once thought defeated have returned with every intention of ending Guaril’s little empire and his life. The PCs must travel to the dangerous city of Kaer Maga, track down these assassins, and sabotage their efforts in order to save one of the Society’s most reliable spymasters.

Content in "The Stranger Within" also contributes directly to the ongoing storylines of the Andoran, Qadira, and Sczarni factions

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=1253

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums...404#post184404 forum thread

xmls, and chronicle sheets to be posted here

I will try and complete this in one session however I might have to run it over two sessions , the second session would be a week later

Malkavian_Andi
August 16th, 2014, 17:40
Count me in.

Malkavian_Andi
August 17th, 2014, 09:52
Did some minor changes to the XML:

Lord Kavos
August 18th, 2014, 14:51
Im in, happy to play Kayliss if the party needs a cleric, otherwise would like to play my arcane trickster halfling Julius.

Will hold off posting xml & chronicles until i see the party makeup.

hawkwind
August 18th, 2014, 15:22
I spoke with Shane and he said he is happy to play a pregen to make up numbers

Skellan
August 19th, 2014, 12:42
For some reason it stopped sending me email alerts.

i am in - will upload Norbur's stuff soon :)

Trenloe
August 19th, 2014, 18:54
For some reason it stopped sending me email alerts.
Email alerts are currently delayed by about 5 days. Reply next week! ;)

hawkwind
August 19th, 2014, 21:36
Good to see you can play Skellan as Shane has just said he can't make it. Assuming we don't get another player the party need to decide on a pre gen to make up the table and tell me advance so I can import it

Skellan
August 20th, 2014, 19:56
Here's Norbur's stuff. He's actually 7th not 8th.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jr2psdkgtcaq4pn/AACfbhr89wE4IeY5ZHKmN7Bha

As for which pregen, perhaps one that can kick out some damage?

Malkavian_Andi
August 20th, 2014, 22:26
Damage sounds like a good idea. Seems like the current team isn't too strong on that part.

Lord Kavos
August 21st, 2014, 00:55
Here are the files for Kayliss, with a 2nd post for Julius.

Still not sure which one to play - Kayliss is focused on enchantment spells & healing, while Julius is all about sneak attack with spells (so he's my damage dealer, but not against constructs lol).

So if Sesquipedalix is a decent healer, it may be better for me to bring Julius instead.

Note: that link to the chronicle for Thornkeep is busted Hawk, I have leveled up Kayliss to 8th anyway and will put up the chronicle once i can fill it out.

Lord Kavos
August 21st, 2014, 00:56
And here are Julius' files

Malkavian_Andi
August 21st, 2014, 03:57
Sesquipedalix is not really a decent healer. He knows Cure light Wounds and has a Wand of CLW, that's all.
He's focused on language-dependent enchantments.

And btw, you can deal sneak attack damage to constructs, Julius would just have problems with golems. They're the ones with spell-immunity, not all constructs ;)
What you also don't want to see is oozes, elementals, and creatures with the incorporeal subtype. Those are immune to sneak attacks (unless you have ghost touch weapons, in case of incorporeal creatures). ^^ Many of them are also immune to mind-influencing, so Sesquipedalix doesn't like them, either :P

Lord Kavos
August 21st, 2014, 05:11
Kayliss is focused on enchantments too and party buffs, so might be better to bring Julius anyway...

hawkwind
August 21st, 2014, 07:55
you get to visit a brothel so it would be a shame for kayliss to miss a pastural visit

hawkwind
August 21st, 2014, 07:57
Damage sounds like a good idea. Seems like the current team isn't too strong on that part.

i'll import half a dozen for you to choose from though they won't be properly set up, just herolab imports

Lord Kavos
August 21st, 2014, 12:34
So confirming 8 gmt start? 6am for me (gmt +10)

hawkwind
August 21st, 2014, 12:37
8pm bst! same time as usual

Lord Kavos
August 21st, 2014, 13:59
Ok. Still only 3 players?

hawkwind
August 21st, 2014, 16:24
yep thats why importing pre gens, three is a legal table size if you have npc in the party

hawkwind
August 21st, 2014, 16:49
server up

Malkavian_Andi
August 28th, 2014, 04:24
Are there already any chronicle sheets for the game?

hawkwind
August 28th, 2014, 06:03
I could of sworn I had posted it, my apologies I will talk it down and post it

hawkwind
August 28th, 2014, 08:16
sorry about this, did on the fly with my phone on the way to work but its readable with fillable fields, if you require a better copy copy just say

Malkavian_Andi
August 28th, 2014, 12:07
That copy is good. Thanks a lot.