PDA

View Full Version : Interest in playing the Tyranny of Dragons Campaign?

Airic
August 14th, 2014, 06:35
Anyone interested in playing the Tyranny of Dragons story line? I have myself, and one (possibly two) others that are looking to get this campaign started. We're looking for a DM and more players to get this thing rolling. I'm new to FG (playing through the starter set with a group, its my first FG game). I have been on and off with TTRPG (D&D) for almost 20 years. I have never actually been able to complete a campaign and see a character through to the end of the story line. Tyranny of Dragons just feels like it will be awesome to me and I want to finally play a character and storyline to completion.

So any interest? I could help the prospective DM with the cost of buying modules and DM guide/Monster Manual, I know it sucks for the DM to be expected to pay for and own most of the books when the players just need the PHB. This is most likely going to be a long term commitment, as it seems like this story line will run for a while.

tlavalle
August 14th, 2014, 08:50
if you have room i would be willing to play. maybe even run.

JerryRig
August 14th, 2014, 10:06
Might want to mention this is basic D&D ...not AD&D.

meyoshi
August 14th, 2014, 13:48
I may be interested, but only if you intend to use the 5E rule set, and the time/zone/day fits my schedule.

Airic
August 14th, 2014, 14:10
I may be interested, but only if you intend to use the 5E rule set, and the time/zone/day fits my schedule.

Might want to mention this is basic D&D ...not AD&D.

Apologize for not being specific. Definitely 5e ruleset. Guess I haven't thought about running ToD under any previous ruleset since its being released in conjunction with 5e.

Airic
August 14th, 2014, 14:15
if you have room i would be willing to play. maybe even run.

Sure! I was thinking a party size of 4-6 plus DM but I was going to discuss that with anyone who volunteered to run the game. Let me know if you wanna do player or DM

Emerald_wind
August 14th, 2014, 14:22
Depending on Day/Time, I would be most interested in playing. I could potentially DM. I've played alot with FG but never DMed with it before.

GerraldTarrant
August 14th, 2014, 18:12
Me and a friend would be highly interested in playing but we both work heavily so hopefully we can all pick a good time for everyone

Airic
August 15th, 2014, 03:03
So far we have:

tlavalle: Player (possible DM)
meyoshi: Player
Emerald_wind: Player (possible DM)
GerraldTarrant: Player +1
Myself: Player
Talysian: Player

I'm open to any day to play but would prefer evenings/nights. What are the preferred time for you guys?

Alzarian Crimson
August 15th, 2014, 03:33
I'd be interested! I haven't played d&d for a few years and never with 5e but I was a kid when d&d was created and have played most of the editions. Also I've never played with fantasy grounds before. I just found this system and I'm definitely intrigued! So if you have the patience to play with someone who is practically a newbie, then count me in. I'm u.s. Central standard time and would prefer a Saturday evening game.

Al.

Dershem
August 15th, 2014, 03:49
I'm good any week night or weekend pre noon. CST

Emerald_wind
August 15th, 2014, 06:22
Any weekday post 5pm PDT works for me. Though Thursdays are the toughest for me. Weekends are currently out for me.

bdf1992
August 15th, 2014, 06:28
I am looking to play this, not sure if I'm up to the task of Dming it tho, would have to look at the content and find my Dming shoes to see if they still fit :)

xenoview
August 15th, 2014, 09:02
Sign me up for the game! More 5E D&D, I like the taste of it I've had so far.

Dershem
August 15th, 2014, 15:22
I have not read it I know someone who is running it for his sons and friends, there is a lot left for the gm to fill in.

tlavalle
August 15th, 2014, 15:30
any day is fine but tuesday

GerraldTarrant
August 15th, 2014, 19:03
I am a newbie to Fantasy grounds but like I said an old hand at DnD back in the day. My best days are Mon Tue

DMDaddy0
August 15th, 2014, 23:29
I'm interested, if the game is on a Saturday afternoon or evening. Put me down for a soft "maybe".

Airic
August 16th, 2014, 00:33
So after looking at everyone's posts and checking the best times for me also...I'm thinking this will be a Wednesday night game. 6-7 pm CST would probably be the time. This will be 6 players and a DM.

tlavalle or Emerald_wind, either of you want to DM? Once I have the DM lined out we can move on from there.

Alzarian Crimson
August 16th, 2014, 04:00
I can play Wednesdays. But I'm not sure if you were including me or not?

Airic
August 16th, 2014, 04:28
I can play Wednesdays. But I'm not sure if you were including me or not?

Once we have a confirmed DM I will be listing players by response that they can play at the time/day I listed above.

tlavalle
August 16th, 2014, 04:52
ok i will run, but on thursday as i am now running on wednesday at a local game store.

Airic
August 16th, 2014, 05:51
ok i will run, but on thursday as i am now running on wednesday at a local game store.

UDAMAN! Cant argue with the DM.

List here if you can play Thursday nights, 6-7pm CST start time. As it stands, I'm gonna need 3 more people. Reserving spots for myself, Talysian and xenoview.

Dershem
August 16th, 2014, 07:22
Sold

tlavalle
August 16th, 2014, 22:48
anyone have any datafiles for 5e? i just dont want to type all the info in.

Alzarian Crimson
August 17th, 2014, 02:14
I can play on Thursday I think. What time?

tlavalle
August 17th, 2014, 05:07
i have a friend that would like to play so i am allowing him.

1 my friend craig
2 Talysian: Player
3 meyoshi: Player
4 GerraldTarrant: Player
5 Emerald_wind: Player
6 Airic: Player
7 myself DM

All spots taken if one opens i will let them know.

Airic
August 17th, 2014, 06:22
i have a friend that would like to play so i am allowing him.

1 my friend craig
2 Talysian: Player
3 meyoshi: Player
4 GerraldTarrant: Player
5 Emerald_wind: Player
6 Airic: Player
7 myself DM

All spots taken if one opens i will let them know.

Ok, everyone chime in and confirm they are good for the Day/time listed. Also, lets get preferred Race/Class and a secondary. I'll Start:

Airic: High Elf Rogue, Dragonborn Paladin

xenoview
August 17th, 2014, 11:40
UDAMAN! Cant argue with the DM.

List here if you can play Thursday nights, 6-7pm CST start time. As it stands, I'm gonna need 3 more people. Reserving spots for myself, Talysian and xenoview.

Very much interested in gaming with the group.

Dershem
August 17th, 2014, 16:05
My first choice is a Fighter not sure on type/race then second will be a halfling Wild Mage ;)

Two Fighter Options
Beldin Musterhaftbrauer
Dwarf/Great Weapon Battlemaster/Craftsman
Dwarven Craftsman exiled from his clan for a disastrous brewing accident, beardless he now searches the surface to make the ultimate beer, and return home taking his place among the craftsmen.

Malady Schwert-Tänzer
Elven Fighter Elderitch Knight Preformer / Preformer
Malady Schwert-Tanzer was born Malak, a performer who seeks to find the blade once wielded by his ancestors and lost in battle, eons ago. He served for many years as a member of a underground cult, now he has left and joined in a crusade to stop them, to infiltrate said cult he has taken to the disguise as a female Singer/Dancer. (Think Lancer/Yellow Dancer from Robotech...)

And Sorcerer
Lucky Lou Lightfingers
Lightfoot Halfling /Wild Mage Sorcerer/Charlatan

Always running a con of some sort, a poor halfling who grew up on the streets, never enough to eat, or a place to say, he spent the beginning of his adult hood selling false potions/preforming miracles, magic shows etc, it came to a surprise one day when Lou's magic actually worked... during a small performance he put the audience to sleep.... literally and then proceeded to rob them blind... unknown to him one of the members was a high ranking nobleman who's had hitmen after Lou ever since, for stealing the man's Family signet ring. The distinctive thing was actually made of copper and too distinctive for Lou to Fence, now he keeps it, hoping some way to barter a way to get out of being hunted, or figure out why it is so damn valuable..... Now with a touch of real magic, which doesn't always work the way he want's it me makes a living scamming others, and returning what he can to those who need it.

xenoview
August 17th, 2014, 20:32
My first choice is a rogue human, and my second choice is a elf wizard.

WhosPeeking
August 17th, 2014, 23:58
My first choice is a rogue human, and my second choice is a elf wizard. i would be interested in playing as well if there is still a spot open

xenoview
August 18th, 2014, 09:27
Can someone update the player's list and start date? Like to know if I made the list?

meyoshi
August 18th, 2014, 11:58
Cleric or a druid.

Emerald_wind
August 18th, 2014, 14:16
Sorry was away all weekend, just got back. Thursday 6 CST won't work for me (I'm lucky if I get home by 6 PST on Thursdays). Please give my seat to the next person in line. Thanks for holding a spot for me though.

tlavalle
August 18th, 2014, 16:21
ok will do.

tlavalle
August 18th, 2014, 16:21
gerrald didnt you have a +1 to play.

xenoview
August 18th, 2014, 20:11
tlavalle, I would like the open spot for the game on Thursday.

tlavalle
August 18th, 2014, 23:54
your in.

tlavalle
August 18th, 2014, 23:55
as soonn as i get the phb data file complete i will start.

GerraldTarrant
August 19th, 2014, 00:14
I am out sadly , Thursday is bad for me, and my buddy wants to tag along with me

Dershem
August 19th, 2014, 01:02
So Current List looks like this:

1 Craig- Player
2 Talysian: Player Dwarf Fighter/ Halfling Sorcerer
3 meyoshi: Player Cleric or a druid
4 Xenoview Player Human Rogue or Elf Wizard
5 Airic: Player High Elf Rogue, Dragonborn Paladin
6 tlavalle DM

xenoview
August 19th, 2014, 02:28
Has the start time been decided on? Will we be using team speak?

tlavalle
August 19th, 2014, 02:47
teamspeak I m working on that. i believe 1800 hours.

tlavalle
August 19th, 2014, 05:55
ok i think we can use the fg community teamspeak. also please pipe up so i may see who is in. i want to plan a creating session and get to know everyone. thursday 1800

xenoview
August 19th, 2014, 10:24
This thursday at 1800, using teamspeak @ fg 5E. Count me in for the game. Do we pre make the characters, or in the game?

Just noticed about the creation session in above post.

xenoview
August 19th, 2014, 12:34
What is the password for the game server?

Airic
August 19th, 2014, 13:33
What is the password for the game server?

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?17071-Voicechat!-Community-TeamSpeak3-Server

Its in the first post in this thread. I ended up having to use the alternate address for the server to get connected the first time I used it.

Dershem
August 19th, 2014, 16:07
Are we using point buy?

tlavalle
August 19th, 2014, 17:09
i haven't decided yet.

xenoview
August 19th, 2014, 21:14
I just tried the FG teamspeak server, I could access it. What is the games password?

Dershem
August 19th, 2014, 21:55
Do you mean like mine is stupid bard ugly orc or somesuch?

xenoview
August 20th, 2014, 00:40
Do you mean like mine is stupid bard ugly orc or somesuch?

Yes, that password.

tlavalle
August 20th, 2014, 02:21
when i bring my server up i will post it to you guys in teamspeak

tlavalle
August 21st, 2014, 21:18
ok the character creation will be point buy as it is in the book. Can erveryone post or give me a bump to show who is planning on being here at 7:00 sorry for the change of time i have to go to a team meeting for my son. at 5:30

Airic
August 21st, 2014, 22:26
I'm in

Dershem
August 21st, 2014, 22:41
I'll be there

tlavalle
August 21st, 2014, 23:05
actually i am here now as my wife took the boy to his meeting. Lucky ME :)

Dershem
August 22nd, 2014, 00:17
I'll be there by 7 stopped for food :)

tlavalle
August 22nd, 2014, 00:18
see you then

tlavalle
August 25th, 2014, 18:49
ok i am starting a facebook group let me msg me your facebook name so i can add you pls :)

Airic
August 28th, 2014, 06:57
We on to get this thing started tonight?

xenoview
August 28th, 2014, 11:24
Ready to go tonight! Let's kick some dragon cult butt!

Araturo
August 28th, 2014, 16:15
I have not played 5e, but played quite a lot of 4e, I have no experience with FG yet. I am from Europe.
So if you would have me, that would be nice

xenoview
August 28th, 2014, 16:22
How do I find FG on teamspeak? I had to do a factory reset on the PC.

Airic
August 28th, 2014, 23:53
Game on! In teamspeak now