PDA

View Full Version : Test release v3.0.8

Moon Wizard
August 13th, 2014, 03:08
Note: As always, please make a backup of your FG data folder before updating and opening campaigns with a test release.

This release is a placeholder for adding minor features and bug fixes prior to v3.1. We may move to this release or v3.1, depending on how development goes (especially 5E support).

Please see the sticky thread on public testing if you want to be involved. The Test mode slot (available via the FG Settings dialog) contain this version right now.

We're a small company so we rely on our community to help sound out each new release. Thanks in advance to all those who pitch in.

Thanks,
JPG

Moon Wizard
August 13th, 2014, 03:08
Updates

Holding CTRL+ALT key will disable shortcut keys, similar to other Windows apps, to better support AltGr keyboard usage.

JPG

ShadeRaven
August 13th, 2014, 14:43
Encounters: Just a small oddity here.

When adding creatures to Encounters, if the Creature is Locked, then their Token does not transfer over to the Encounter (will be an empty token). However, if the creature is unlocked when adding it to the Encounter, any associated token will go over to the encounter as well.

ShadeRaven
August 14th, 2014, 21:16
BTW: Just a little thank you for some little touches that make a big difference in the long run. I can't list them all, because there are so many... but they are appreciated and noticed. Things like having all the information saved on Export (it wasn't before at least 3.0) really makes life easier. Add up a bunch of things like that and a lot of time and effort is saved.

RTFallen
August 16th, 2014, 14:21
I was wondering if it was possible to add names to the labels for use with the merge feature. The way it is right now you have to include the whole windowclass in an extension to move the labels around.

Resire

Bumamgar
August 23rd, 2014, 22:23
5e ruleset: Would be nice to have support for the 'Lucky' trait (auto-reroll a 1 on attack/skill/ability checks)

Also would be nice if player actions (weapons, powers, etc) could be dropped onto the combat tracker. Actions / Reactions seem to be limited to NPCs at this time.

Bumamgar
August 25th, 2014, 13:00
5e ruleset: would like to re-iterate my request for an option to roll HP for NPCs when added to the tracker rather than taking average HP. thank you!

KlCrash
September 1st, 2014, 04:07
I noticed that I can't set negative die modifiers,
I am trying to do ATK:-1d6 to support the bard's cutting words ability, also would apply to spells like bane. has this already been reported? I noticed that negative numbers apply, just not negative die rolls.

Andraax
September 1st, 2014, 04:59
I am trying to do ATK:-1d6 to support the bard's cutting words ability, also would apply to spells like bane. has this already been reported? I noticed that negative numbers apply, just not negative die rolls.

Err, that ability makes his attack *worse*? Why would you use it? How about using the inverse - have the modifier *add* to his AC and then target that effect to the attackers it applies to?

Trenloe
September 1st, 2014, 05:49
It's a known limitation. Effects don't currently support negative dice. It's on the roadmap I believe...

Moon Wizard
September 4th, 2014, 06:27
Updates

[CoreRPG+] If portrait set on PC and token not set, then token will be set to default portrait token.
[CoreRPG+] Support for negative dice in effects and /die commands.
[CoreRPG+] Switched to lighter wood-toned frame for token window for easier token visibility.
[5E] Add campaign option to support random or max HP for NPCs added to the combat tracker.
[5E] Add support for pregen characters in modules.
[5E] Add Poisoned condition (Disdvantage on attacks and checks).
[5E] Add legendary actions support to NPC.
[5E] Removed creation of default attack/save action for spells without attack/save conditions.
[PFRPG/3.5E] Added labels in weapon editor window and spell damage/heal/effect editor windows.
Hex grids used alpha channel of underlying image in masked areas, allowing players to see room/passage approximations. Fixed.
[CoreRPG+] End turn button on player combat tracker dragged to hot key bar was not working. Fixed.
[CoreRPG+] Font load warning when using Wood theme extension. Fixed.
[5E] Passive perception not correct when Perception set to use double/half proficiency bonus. Fixed.
[CnC] PC initiative bonus not being added when rolled from the combat tracker menu. Fixed.
[DEV] Added negative dice support. Any defined die type preceded by a minus sign will be treated as a negative die.
[DEV] Added Extension.getExtensions and Extension.getExtensionInfo functions (similar to Module functions)
[DEV][CoreRPG+] Adjusted layout of many CoreRPG windows to support better theming.

JPG

Blacky
September 4th, 2014, 08:05
Updates

[CoreRPG+] Support for negative dice in effects and /die commands.

How does work? 1d6+1d6 means 0 dices are rolled, or does it mean the result of 1d6 is added then the result of another d6 is substracted?

Moon Wizard
September 4th, 2014, 17:32
/die 1d6-1d6
will roll 2 6-sided dice. The first one will have a positive value, and the second one will have a negative value. The positive and negative value will be summed.

Regards,
JPG

kalannar
September 4th, 2014, 18:50
Did a quick test and you still have a bug where when you drag an effect with DISATK: melee, ranged on to the monster, it places the effect as DISATK: melee ranged with no comma causing the effect to not work. If you do DISATK: melee; DISATK: ranged, that seems to be a work around.

Ikael
September 4th, 2014, 20:10
Minor quirk:

GM/Player cannot successfully drag and drop Item from Party Sheet and drop it to PC Portrait to give/get the item, UNLESS player character's inventory tab-page has been opened once. The issue is that Item won't transfer from partysheet to PC sheet because inventory databasenode does not exist.

Possible fix: In ItemManager.addItemToList (line 184), instead of using DB.findNode, the node could be created (DB.createNode) to make sure it exists.

Moon Wizard
September 4th, 2014, 22:57
kalannar,
Why not just use DISATK without a specifier? There are only 2 kinds of attacks defined in the 5E ruleset currently (melee, ranged).

Ikael,
Thanks, I will look at that.

JPG

Irondrake
September 5th, 2014, 03:50
When looking at rollable tables, I am getting a window that pops up that says:

Ruleset Error: window: No vertical anchor defined for control (rightanchor) in windowclass (table_header)Ruleset Error: window: No vertical anchor defined for control (rightanchor) in windowclass (table_header)
Ruleset Error: window: No vertical anchor defined for control (rightanchor) in windowclass (table_header)
Ruleset Error: window: No vertical anchor defined for control (rightanchor) in windowclass (table_header)

I am using the new Wizards desktop, looks great btw! It doesn't appear to affect the performance of the table rolling.

Creature Legendary actions appear to be taking the title of the last Action as a header in the Legendary Action description (telling how many legendary points they have). I've looked at two different creatures and both have the same issue. May just be a parsing issue, or maybe I need to define a header for this information?

Here's a picture.

dulux-oz
September 5th, 2014, 05:54
Updates

[DEV] Added Extension.getExtensions and Extension.getExtensionInfo functions (similar to Module functions)

JPG

Just noticed this - thanks JPG, its nice to know you guys are keeping an eye on the forums and seriously taking notice of suggestions, etc.

Oh, and the negative die idea is nice as well - I just might tackle an Alternatey Ruleset now, as negative die are a fundamental mechanic of the Alternatey Rules.

Bugga - I just realised I've now got to hold off on v3 of my Locations Database until FGv3.0.8 comes out - damn! :p

Cheers

kalannar
September 5th, 2014, 14:30
It's np, i was just reporting issues i found. I didn't know you could use it without defining the type of attack. It was one of those things that took me a while to figure out why it was failing until I noticed the comma being stripped. Other people might run into this issue and at least it is noted.

El Condoro
September 5th, 2014, 15:58
Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_action_damage.lua"]:476: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)

Getting this error when rolling a critical. What extra information do you need to fix this? I have the same message whether I roll the damage straight after making a crit or clicking the crit modifier. No damage roll of any sort is made.

Trenloe
September 5th, 2014, 16:23
What extra information do you need to fix this?
Which ruleset?
Is it for a player rolling critical damage? A GM rolling NPC critical damage? A GM rolling PC critical damage?

Moon Wizard
September 5th, 2014, 21:41
Irondrake,

I'm not seeing that on my side, can you check the XML in your module?

JPG

Moon Wizard
September 5th, 2014, 22:20
Updates

[CoreRPG+] Item transfer to PC fails if inventory tab not opened yet. Fixed.
[5E] Script errors when opening rollable table record. Fixed.
[5E] Script errors when performing critical damage rolls. Fixed.

JPG

El Condoro
September 5th, 2014, 23:18
Which ruleset?
Is it for a player rolling critical damage? A GM rolling NPC critical damage? A GM rolling PC critical damage?

Looks like this has been fixed but it was a player targeting an NPC. 3.0.8 (latest ruleset in Test mode)

Irondrake
September 6th, 2014, 00:35
I will check it out to be sure, Moon.

Irondrake
September 6th, 2014, 02:35
I had to put a title (Number of Actions. Description....) to keep it from using the previous action name before the legendary action number description.

El Condoro
September 6th, 2014, 06:22
Minor point (and I'm not even sure if I should be posting on this thread) but when using the Wizards theme the close X and the lock/unlock symbol on sheets such as Encounters et al are very close (on top of each other) making it difficult to use either function.

Edit: also obscures the ID/non-ID symbol for items.

Zeus
September 6th, 2014, 09:46
When looking at rollable tables, I am getting a window that pops up that says:

Ruleset Error: window: No vertical anchor defined for control (rightanchor) in windowclass (table_header)Ruleset Error: window: No vertical anchor defined for control (rightanchor) in windowclass (table_header)

I am using the new Wizards desktop, looks great btw! It doesn't appear to affect the performance of the table rolling.

Cheers. Make sure you have re-parsed your modules with the latest version of the PAR5E tool as I'm not seeing this error. Also make sure you don't have any expanded (folder) versions of the CoreRPG and 5E .pak rulesets in FG app data/rulesets folder.

Creature Legendary actions appear to be taking the title of the last Action as a header in the Legendary Action description (telling how many legendary points they have). I've looked at two different creatures and both have the same issue. May just be a parsing issue, or maybe I need to define a header for this information?

Here's a picture.

This is down to the syntax of the stat block you used for PAR5E. The outcome will occur if you don't precede the descriptive Legendary Actions text with a named tag. PAR5E expects and alpha-numeric string followed by a period followed by the descriptive text for actions/legendary actions. I used the keyword Option. in my modules, see below for an example.

Legendary Actions
Option. The aboleth can take 3 legendary actions, choosing from the options below....
Detect. The aboleth makes a ...
Tail Swipe. The aboleth makes one ...
Psychic Drain (Costs 2 Actions). One ...

Trenloe
September 6th, 2014, 11:08
Looks like this has been fixed but it was a player targeting an NPC. 3.0.8 (latest ruleset in Test mode)
Cool, JPG works fast. :-)

Just as a future FYI, "ruleset" in FG parlance is the game system (the one you select when creating a new FG campaign), e.g. CoreRPG, 5E, 4E, 3.5E, PFRPG, Savage Worlds, Castles & Crusades, etc.. It's usually a good idea to mention which ruleset you're using when reporting an issue, otherwise the usual first question back at you will be "which ruleset?". :-)

El Condoro
September 6th, 2014, 13:04
Thanks. I just assumed the title of the thread implied the ruleset.

Trenloe
September 6th, 2014, 13:11
Thanks. I just assumed the title of the thread implied the ruleset.
v3.0.8 is the Fantasy Grounds version, it incorporates all of the "included" supported game systems (rulesets), list of these "included" rulesets here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

Moon Wizard indicates what ruleset an update/fix applies to in his release notes. For example: [5E] Script errors when performing critical damage rolls. Fixed. The [5E] means the update is for the 5E ruleset. Another example, for CoreRPG+ rulesets: [CoreRPG+] Item transfer to PC fails if inventory tab not opened yet. Fixed.

El Condoro
September 6th, 2014, 13:13
Ah, got it. Cheers.

Blacky
September 6th, 2014, 15:25
/die 1d6-1d6
will roll 2 6-sided dice. The first one will have a positive value, and the second one will have a negative value. The positive and negative value will be summed.
Great, thanks.

El Condoro
September 6th, 2014, 23:03
Completing a Long Rest from the menu of the CT is not removing temporary hit points. 5E ruleset.

If there are more than one line of Senses on the Main sheet, they are overwriting each other on the Party Sheet entry (Main tab).

Bumamgar
September 7th, 2014, 03:45
5e: Prone doesn't seem to do anything when added as a condition on the combat tracker...

Irondrake
September 7th, 2014, 07:14
Thanks for the clarification on the Legendary Actions, Zeus. I just added "Legendary Points." to the first line and it all looks good. I'm sure the 5E Monster Manual (out the 19th at select stores) is going to add a lot more complexity to NPCs. I noticed in the index they are reintroducing monster templates. Right now Lair Actions show up in the "Descriptive Text" of a monster. As far as I know, that only affects 3 NPCs (dragons) so far. Are Lair Actions going to remain on the second tab or be introduced as another type of action on the first? Both work just fine for me.

El Condoro
September 8th, 2014, 13:43
[5E] The heal action that uses Level as the modifier doesn't account for multiclass PCs. For example, Second Wind on a Rogue 1/Fighter 1 gives 1d10 + 2 hit points, instead of 1d10 + 1 hit points. A negative number can be added in the final field to offset this but it may not be the best solution.

Moon Wizard
September 8th, 2014, 22:55
Yes, the current action record only supports the "total level" of the character. Getting the individual level per class is a little more complex, since it would have to be specified somewhere in the Actions tab for each spell/ability and/or group in order to make sure you get the right data. It will have to be something that is added over time.

Cheers,
JPG

Irondrake
September 11th, 2014, 00:41
In an update today, the Wizards Theme was removed from 5E. I didn't see that in any patch notes? Other than some minor UI placements, the theme overall was well-received by my players. Will it be making a comeback?

Moon Wizard
September 11th, 2014, 18:26
The Wizards theme was released unintentionally, and was supposed to only be for our internal development. We have not received the license to use that artwork yet. We definitely hope it will make a comeback.

Regards,
JPG

kalannar
September 11th, 2014, 22:23
Any news about getting the license? I hope you guys get it, it would be amazing.

Moon Wizard
September 11th, 2014, 22:55
No news yet. We initiate talks every year, but we're hoping this year is the one.

Regards,
JPG

Irondrake
September 12th, 2014, 00:30
Awww ok, hope it does too!

The Wizards theme was released unintentionally, and was supposed to only be for our internal development. We have not received the license to use that artwork yet. We definitely hope it will make a comeback.

Regards,
JPG

Irondrake
September 12th, 2014, 00:36
Are the 6 Exhaustion conditions going to be worked in? I know effects can be created but other conditions are already built into the ruleset. Exhaustion 1 - 6 would seem to fit into these preset conditions as well.

Moon Wizard
September 12th, 2014, 03:50
Yes, eventually. Since the exhaustion system works on a track from 0-6, I haven't quite figured how it should be tracked and modified.

JPG

Moon Wizard
September 15th, 2014, 23:43
Updates

[5E] Prone condition on defender will again apply advantage to melee attackers and disadvantage to ranged attackers.
[5E] Add support for "Great Weapon Fighter" rerolls by adding ", Reroll 2" to properties of relevant weapon.
[5E] Add EXHAUSTION: # effect that stacks, and is reduced by one on long rest.
[5E] Removed limitation on applying duplicate effects.
[5E] Ammo on PC weapon entries used on each attack roll made.
[5E] Labels added to weapon details window and power attack, save, damage and heal detail windows.
[5E] When performing long rest, PC temporary hit points will be cleared.
[5E] When taking long rest from combat tracker, NPC health will be reset.
[5E] Added passive perception field to PC record in party sheet main tab.
Single line string fields display incorrectly when displaying string data contain multiple lines of text. Fixed.
[5E] PC portrait not visible in party sheet, if portrait set after PC added to party sheet. Fixed.

JPG

Irondrake
September 16th, 2014, 04:17
Thanks for the updates, especially the Exhaustion and Great Weapon Fighter additions! So far so good on both additions!

Hecklerus Prime
September 16th, 2014, 04:41
Hey all. Stepped away from gaming for about a year and now I'm back running a game in FG. Lots of changes since I've been gone. Right away, almost everything seems to be an improvement. We run mostly 3.5e, which seems to be getting less and less popular every day :( but still nice to see changes being made. Got a few things we can't seem to get working right. Here goes.

I made several tables that calculated the number of random encounters over an 8 hour period based on the statistical Combination formula. I made three, one each for a 12%/hour, 6%/hour, and 3%/hour. I then sent the results of that table to another table that determined the type of encounter (threatening vs. non-threatening) and finally onto the encounter event table. Pretty complex, I suppose. Anyway, in the past they would make multiple rolls automatically and cascade down through the tables. This doesn't seem to work anymore.

Example: On one table there was a 1% chance of four encounters. The table result was "Four Encounters [Encounter Type] [Encounter Type] [Encounter Type] [Encounter Type]" and each [Encounter Type] would roll once on the Encounter Type table. This no longer seems to work. If a table is referenced at all there can be no other words/references/letters in that entry.
Problem repeats where one of my magic fumble tables calls for "Roll on [Magic Critical] chart" and it will no longer call the Magic Critical table.
Exported tables attached, so you can see what I mean.

The party sheet was one of my most favorite tools. I recall that I could drop one item on the inventory tab and export that one item to multiple characters. I cannot seem to get this to work anymore. Best I can do is add multiple copies of that one item and assign one character each. Gets tedious when each character finds a longsword or something.

On a side note, if I add an item with multiple quantities all quantities will not send to the character, only one. For example, say I add a line for a pint of oil and set the number to ten. I then assign the character that just scored 10 pints of oil and hit Distribute. Only one pint gets sent instead of all ten. Bummer.

Not so much a problem, as we can deal with it, but just a point of confusion/mild irritation. It seems clicking almost anything now opens a new window. Especially when editing a spell. Granted, once this is all set up you're pretty much golden. But for those of us on 12" laptop screens, more windows usually means more frustration. It'd be nice if the windows could be simplified and condensed a little more.

I gotta say, for a program that only asks for one payment, Fantasy Grounds is pretty sweet. I know for a fact that I would not be playing RPGs without this system, as all of my players have spread across the States. Thanks again for all the hard work, developers. Hopefully I'll be able to contribute something to the community soon, as way of thanks (I've got quite a few modules nearing completion).

El Condoro
September 16th, 2014, 08:18
[5E] Added passive perception field to PC record in party sheet main tab.

This field is not roll-able from the Party Sheet - should it be?

Brenn
September 16th, 2014, 09:34
I wouldn't think so. Passive checks don't involve die rolls.

El Condoro
September 16th, 2014, 09:37
I wouldn't think so. Passive checks don't involve die rolls.

:) Good point. There is no need to roll.

kalannar
September 17th, 2014, 21:55
[5E] Add support for "Great Weapon Fighter" rerolls by adding ", Reroll 2" to properties of relevant weapon.

How does the above work? I tried adding , Reroll 2 to a great swords property but it does not reroll the damage dice.

El Condoro
September 17th, 2014, 22:21
I have a great axe weillding dwarf with "Heavy, two-handed, Reroll 2" in the properties of the weapon.
When damage is rolled you see [REROLL 2] in the chat window.
If a 1 or 2 is rolled for damage it ignores it and rerolls, so I just rolled a 1 but the roll shown is 7+2=9 for damage.

kalannar
September 17th, 2014, 23:17
I put "Heavy, two-handed, Reroll 2" in the properties and when rolling the damage it doesn't reroll 1s or 2s. Am i missing something?

Trenloe
September 17th, 2014, 23:42
I put "Heavy, two-handed, Reroll 2" in the properties and when rolling the damage it doesn't reroll 1s or 2s. Am i missing something?
Are you using FG 3.0.8 - which is in the test slot (change this through the FG settings window)? This is not the current "live" 5E ruleset in FG 3.0.7.

Treegreen
September 18th, 2014, 15:43

Make sure you are changing the properties under the abilities tab (not inventory).

kalannar
September 18th, 2014, 18:08
figured it out, i was trying to put the property in the inventory instead of using the magnifying glass in actions. Thank everyone for their help.

Moon Wizard
September 20th, 2014, 04:55
Updates

Image preload not working. Fixed.
When preloading, image name missing from player image campaign list. Fixed.

JPG

El Condoro
September 21st, 2014, 01:19
So my fighter crits a skeleton (vulnerability to bludgeoning damage) with a maul (2d6+3 bludgeoning damage). I would expect the damage to be 2d6 (x2 for the crit) (x2 for the vulnerability) = 8d6 +3 (already a bit of overkill for something that is already dead!)

But look what she scored! 166 damage is wasted on a skeleton, though. :)
Am I missing something in the calculation or is the calculator broken?
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/16283408/Images/critical.jpg

She was under a Bless spell, hence the extra (purple) attack die.

El Condoro
September 21st, 2014, 01:25
[5E] Short rest is removing all damage from characters when enacted from the Combat Tracker. Should only happen with a Long Rest.

[Edit] A Short Rest only allows characters to use their Hit Dice so it doesn't really do anything anyway from a FG point of view. Perhaps it should be removed?

El Condoro
September 21st, 2014, 08:01
[5E] Using the random hit point generator for encounters. Is the calculation taking all factors into consideration? For example, I had a 5d8 hit point humanoid NPC get 20 hit points. If just the 5d8 were rolled that is a bit low but acceptable. However, the NPC had a Con of 16 (+3), which would have made up 15 of the 20 hit points, meaning the roll must have been 5 1s. A bit unlikely. Given that for a PC with those stats at 5th level the average would be 43 (8 at 1st level, 5 per level = +20, 3 Con per level = +15) it seems the numbers don't add up.

Irondrake
September 21st, 2014, 10:07
Short rests reset abilities and spells that recharge on a short rest (warlocks), it shouldn't be removed. It's also a good way to let players know when they can use hit dice. It shouldn't automatically heal characters though.

El Condoro
September 21st, 2014, 11:02
Good point.

[5E] When a creature with immunity or resistance to non-magical weapons (e.g. a wraith) is hit by a magical weapon (e.g. +1 sword) how does FG know it is magical? I have just played through exactly that example and FG halves the damage even though the sword is magical. Is there a field or value that should be entered somewhere on the weapon?

Trenloe
September 21st, 2014, 16:34
[5E] When a creature with immunity or resistance to non-magical weapons (e.g. a wraith) is hit by a magical weapon (e.g. +1 sword) how does FG know it is magical? I have just played through exactly that example and FG halves the damage even though the sword is magical. Is there a field or value that should be entered somewhere on the weapon?
Add magic to the damage type of the weapon. Valid damage types listed in the "[damage type]" list under the modifiers table in the effects wiki page: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/5E_Effects

El Condoro
September 21st, 2014, 21:54
Perfect. Thanks.

Moon Wizard
September 22nd, 2014, 04:52
El Condoro,

Looking into critical vulnerability issue, and located short rest issue.

On the random hit points, it's expected that the HD field contain the complete expression for the NPC hit points just like the creature entries in the published adventures and rulebooks. In your example, the HD string should be "5d8 + 15".

Regards,
JPG

Moon Wizard
September 22nd, 2014, 04:59
On the critical vulnerability issue, the vulnerability just doubles the damage total not the dice rolled, which appears correctly.

However, I am not able to recreate the damage for the barbarian in my campaign which uses a maul. Can you post a screen of the PC Maul weapon detail window? (Magnifying glass symbol on right side of weapon entry on PC sheet Actions tab.)

Thanks,
JPG

El Condoro
September 22nd, 2014, 07:31
Maul setup
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/16283408/Images/maul.png

also has extra crit setup
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/16283408/Images/extracrit.png

damned
September 22nd, 2014, 07:38
well thats why you got 23 dice rolling... you have 19 extra crit dice....

El Condoro
September 22nd, 2014, 07:46
Yep - just realised that! Duh! :)

I'm guessing this is how it should be:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/16283408/Images/extracrit2.png

Sorry about that.

damned
September 22nd, 2014, 08:20
its probably more fun rolling 23 dice and doubling them though!
the 5e graphics look "fun".

El Condoro
September 22nd, 2014, 09:57
Yes, it was fun.

I'm sorry to be asking so many questions, especially when it's sometimes my mistake rather than an actual problem, but I want to get to the bottom of this one. I set up the +1 magic shortsword as in the image below but, as you can see, the wight still resists it. The effects page says multiple damage types are allowed, so I used magic and piercing. Why is this wight being so difficult? :)

[Edit]: OK, I just used 'magic' and the wight takes the correct damage. However, what happens when the sword is used against something with a vulnerability to piercing damage? The damage won't be doubled as it should be.

[Edit]: The problem was the comma - 'piercing magic' works. I think that's solved for me now. :)

[Edit]: Nope. I used my cleric with a mace against a skeleton. 'bludgeoning' did double damage as it should, but 'magic bludgeoning' just did normal damage.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/16283408/Images/magicdmg.png

El Condoro
September 22nd, 2014, 10:50
Another one for 5E: is there, or will there be, support for the Halfling Lucky trait (reroll attack rolls, ability check or saving throw of 1)?

[Edit]: This was asked on page 1 of this thread. Thanks, damned (below). I would delete this post but can't...

damned
September 22nd, 2014, 12:27
The Halfling question has been asked elsewhere - maybe even in this thread.

Trenloe
September 22nd, 2014, 16:33
[Edit]: OK, I just used 'magic' and the wight takes the correct damage. However, what happens when the sword is used against something with a vulnerability to piercing damage? The damage won't be doubled as it should be.

[Edit]: The problem was the comma - 'piercing magic' works. I think that's solved for me now. :)

[Edit]: Nope. I used my cleric with a mace against a skeleton. 'bludgeoning' did double damage as it should, but 'magic bludgeoning' just did normal damage.

All of this is reliant on how the vulnerabilities, resistances and immunities are auto-populated in the combat tracker when the creature was added. Look at the "Effects" against the creature in the CT. FYI - these effects will only be populated at the time the creature is added to the combat tracker, so if you make any changes to the vulnerabilities, resistances and immunities in the NPC record (from the campaign list, not the linked CT record), remove it from the combat tracker and add it again so that the latest info will be used to make the effects.

Moon Wizard
September 22nd, 2014, 19:43
I just tested the resistance for the wight, and I don't believe it's working as intended. Let me do a little digging.

The damage types should be comma delimited.

JPG

El Condoro
September 22nd, 2014, 21:37
All of this is reliant on how the vulnerabilities, resistances and immunities are auto-populated in the combat tracker when the creature was added. Look at the "Effects" against the creature in the CT. FYI - these effects will only be populated at the time the creature is added to the combat tracker, so if you make any changes to the vulnerabilities, resistances and immunities in the NPC record (from the campaign list, not the linked CT record), remove it from the combat tracker and add it again so that the latest info will be used to make the effects.

I used the information as it came in from a parsed wight. So, it looks like this in the CT:
RESIST: necrotic; RESIST: bludgeoning, piercing, slashing, !magic, !silver; IMMUNE: poison; IMMUNE: poisoned

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/16283408/Images/wight.png

Moon Wizard
September 22nd, 2014, 22:35
Updates

Resetting a number field (Delete, Backspace, ...) will now reset to the default value, if different than zero.
[CoreRPG+] Changing name or token field on a PC after removing the PC entry from the party sheet created a phantom party sheet entry. Fixed.
[5E] Negative damage types for resistance effects were being ignored (i.e. resistance to bludgeoning, piercing and slashing from nonmagical weapons that aren't silvered). Fixed.
[5E] Health incorrectly reset on short rest. Fixed.
[5E] Missing text for NPC hit point house rule option. Fixed.
[3.5E] If thrown weapon added to PC and combat stat not specified as Base in Combat tab, melee weapon entry on Actions tab will always used Ranged stat. Fixed.

JPG

El Condoro
September 22nd, 2014, 22:43
FYI just tested the wight and skeleton examples from above after updating - worked perfectly. Thank you.

Moon Wizard
September 23rd, 2014, 22:31
v3.0.8 pushed to Release mode.

JPG

Trenloe
September 23rd, 2014, 22:36
v3.0.8 pushed to Release mode.
Extension update time! :-o

damned
September 24th, 2014, 01:30
But I havent even finished it yet!

Torgaard
September 24th, 2014, 15:22
Should probably wait until the 3.0.9 thread rolls through, but I'll probably forget by then. :p

5E bugs, missing features, or none-of-the-above?

When an enemy dies, and it's their turn in the initiative order, and they are removed from the Combat Tracker via the little round red delete button that shows up, the Combat Tracker does not select the next pc/npc in the initiative order. In fact it doesn't select anybody. It basically clears selection, so it's nobody's turn. Made for a few "Wait-a-minute...who's turn is it?" moments last night.
Unable to create a duration of "1 action" in the tabletop Modifiers (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Modifiers) window. Powers like the 1st level (and completely overpowered at low levels ) "Guiding Bolt" spell have a "next attack roll made against this target before the end of your next turn has advantage" part to them, and it didn't seem to auto-parse the spell effects when I dropped it on my creature card, and I wanted to create a GRANTADVATK set for 1 action, but I couldn't.
I see that there is an 'H' modifier to roll half a PC's ability (ie [HWIS]) and double (ie [2WIS]), but is there a modifier for half damage and/or double damage?
A section on the creature cards with check boxes (like the character sheet) for spells slots would be extremely useful. Not necessarily asking for it to auto-parse or anything, but the ability to quickly edit a creature and setup those check boxes would be very nice.

Moon Wizard
September 24th, 2014, 18:03
Torgaard,

That works great. Thanks for taking the time to post while the items are fresh.

* Recreated the active enemy deletion does not advance turn order issue. Only happens with the quick delete button, the radial menu version works fine.

* You would create this in the Effects window. The effect would be GRANTADVATK with a use of 1 roll/action, a duration of 1 and then targeted once added to the CT. Auto-parsing of advantage effects in spell/NPC text has not been added yet.

* For damage rolls; you can set half damage by clicking the Half Damage button in the Modifiers window before the roll (both targeted and untargeted rolls). Or, right click an untargeted damage roll and selecting Half after the roll then dragging halved roll to the desired target. Usually half damage only applies to specific spells when saved against, and I haven't found an intuitive workflow I am happy with or have had time to implement yet.

The tags you referenced are to allow effect values to be specified dynamically based on attributes or level, and separate from the damage rolls.

* I think there was a thread here somewhere about NPC spells. The biggest challenges are that spells are just a list of words in an NPC entry (no details), and adding a full-fledged spellcaster section to every creature creates complexity in the NPC sheet. I did it for 3.5E/PFRPG, but was never very happy with the final result. If I don't come up with something better, we'll probably implement like 3.5E/PFRPG.

Regards,
JPG

Eru the One
September 24th, 2014, 19:18
5e criticals are still maxing the one die instead of rolling. I searched on the forums and didn't see anything recent.

damned
September 24th, 2014, 22:18
i thought 5e crits were doubling the damage rolled?

El Condoro
September 24th, 2014, 22:28
They double the dice rolled. So 1d6 + 3 becomes 2d6 + 3 etc.

Griogre
September 24th, 2014, 23:16
5e criticals are still maxing the one die instead of rolling. I searched on the forums and didn't see anything recent. Do you have the Alt Wound Color extension active? It needs to be updated.

Torgaard
September 25th, 2014, 00:12
* You would create this in the Effects window. The effect would be GRANTADVATK with a use of 1 roll/action, a duration of 1 and then targeted once added to the CT. Auto-parsing of advantage effects in spell/NPC text has not been added yet.

Yup, that's it! Sorry, I was calling it the "Modifiers" window (I was at work :p ). It was the Effects window, though more specifically I was working with the campaign Effects window. And I was staring right at the little purple buttons that say "ALL" by default, and for some dumb reason never thought to click one and see that they cycle through to ACTN, ROLL, and SNGL. *derp!* Dunno how I forgot that. Set up dozens of 'em in 4E, but it's been awhile. Ok, good to go there.

Thanks, and thanks for all your hard work!

Blackfoot
September 25th, 2014, 15:51
In the PF Ruleset, the tweaks to the Party Sheet have left it misaligned. The boxes appear to be overly large (they are extending beyond the frame) and the header text is appearing too high.
Also the alignment of the new (and useful) text on the actions tab is not quite spaced correctly.

ShadeRaven
September 26th, 2014, 06:02
Moon: Finally able to get back at it and have a couple of issues I didn't see mentioned yet (apologies if I missed it).

VULN, IMMUNE, RESIST: Creatures with Vulnerabilities, Immunities, etc, aren't working now. They show up in the traits tab on the CT, but there's nothing in the EFFECTS section now. So that VULN: bludgeoning on the skeleton can be seen by click on the Damage Vulnerabilities button and seen there, but it has no effect in game. A smack with a mace does normal damage. Etc. If I add VULN: bludgeoning by hand to the Skeleton, it works as expected.

DEATH SAVES: First, the auto-roll isn't being handled correctly. From Page 197 of the 5E PHB: "Whenever you start your turn with 0 hit points, you
must make a special saving throw, called a death saving throw, to determine whether you creep closer to death or hang onto life." I added the bold and underline to indicate the problem. Honestly, I didn't realize this until the question arose in game. For 5E, Death Saves are a the beginning of a turn, not at the end. Currently, FG handles it like 4E and rolls it at the end of turn.

Also, it would be nice to have a dice button to roll a Death Save manually on a character sheet that would add to the appropriate save or failure check boxes.

That's what we noticed this time around.

Still LOVING your work in this (and I must say I am overjoyed to see you took the suggestion to auto-check the used ammo boxes!).

Thanks again, as always!

Moon Wizard
September 28th, 2014, 19:27
Blackfoot, I found the party sheet issue, and will have fix in next patch. For the Actions tab, I'm not able to see this issue. Can you give me more details?

ShadeRaven, I'm looking at your items next, probably tomorrow.

Thanks,
JPG

Blackfoot
September 28th, 2014, 19:40
Looking at the actions tab issue more closely I see that instead of lining up a heading over each box you centered a group of headings over a group of boxes.
Not so much a bug as a different way of doing it... I was thinking that the headings didn't line up with the boxes.

El Condoro
September 28th, 2014, 22:52
@Shaderaven

I am not getting the issue you have with skeletons (VULN etc.) From the image you can see how the skeleton stats look and how they translate when dragged into the CT and the effect of being hit by a bludgeoning weapon. Moon Wizard did some work on this stuff recently to fix the problem you mention - which version are you using. Cheers

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/16283408/Images/skeleton.png