PDA

View Full Version : Formatted Text Functions

jedorian
August 13th, 2014, 02:07
It is no longer possible to take groups of text (i.e. several sentences or separate paragraphs) and format those into links. You also can't do that with table entries or lists. Was this a mistake and not intentional, or is it a change made on purpose? This is by no means a massive problem, more like a minor inconvenience. It would be nice to have that function back, but I can get used to editing each individual line if needs be.

damned
August 13th, 2014, 02:48
you could never apply any formatting to more than one paragraph at a time.... not sure if that is what you mean?

Moon Wizard
August 13th, 2014, 02:58
It hasn't changed since v3.0 first launched, though it might have behaved differently prior. I had to rebuild the formatted text control from scratch for v3.0. It currently can only change one paragraph at a time.

Regards,
JPG

Trenloe
August 13th, 2014, 03:00
It looks like even if you have multiple paragraphs highlighted, applying any formatting will be to the paragraph where the cursor is currently residing.

Griogre
August 13th, 2014, 20:08
One thing that did change that I noticed recently was a list of links. You use to be able to select multiple lines/paragraphs and select links and it would make them all a list of links. Now if you do this only the last paragraph becomes a link text.

Trenloe
August 13th, 2014, 20:12
One thing that did change that I noticed recently was a list of links. You use to be able to select multiple lines/paragraphs and select links and it would make them all a list of links. Now if you do this only the last paragraph becomes a link text.
Yeah, it's only the line where the cursor is that becomes the link.

One thing new though - drag links from other areas to a blank area in a formatted text control and the link will be automatically created with the title of the link you dragged, no need to have defined the link first! You win some, you lose some... ;)

damned
August 13th, 2014, 22:57
Lists will also preserve the formatting on the next carriage return... so if you make the first line a link as you input data the next line will automatically be a list. if you are pasting text in to the field, make the first line a list, go to teh end of the line, use [del] until the next line joins and then enter and the next line will be a list too... i find that quicker than going thru the fg menu for each list line.

jedorian
August 14th, 2014, 02:55
I only noticed the difference when I started working on creating a new adventure path chapter for Jade Regent. Like I said, its not like its the end of my little world. Its just something I had expected to be able to do and now cannot. One thing I'm very much enjoying is the table function. All these fantastic features that I wasn't aware of are making me love this program even more.