PDA

View Full Version : New to Tabletop and FG

WhosPeeking
August 13th, 2014, 01:15
New member here introducing my self. Recently i came into the possession of a ton of RPG books from a friend who was moving and i became interested in playing. I have only played about 10 sessions of D&D4E on roll20 and would love to get into a D&D2E game or 5E, i am open to other games as well. Im playing at EST and i would like to find a game between 6pm-10pm and the day does not really matter. I find it impossible to find local games here in NY so this is my only opportunity to play. I look forward to meeting all of you. Thanks in advance.:pirate:
-Chris (WhosPeeking)

ballan4
August 13th, 2014, 02:10
Welcome to the FG Community! You should have no problems finding a game here. We're a friendly bunch and are willing to help out in any way we can!

WhosPeeking
August 13th, 2014, 02:12
thanks i just jumped on the FG TS server, the chat room itself seems dead

ballan4
August 13th, 2014, 02:17
TS Server is a better place, I've only been on the chat room once and it was not very lively

damned
August 13th, 2014, 02:47
Its not a chat room as such. people typically go there to play their game and leave...

Mask_of_winter
August 13th, 2014, 02:51
Welcome! And have fun!

Andraax
August 13th, 2014, 18:47
i am open to other games as well. Im playing at EST and i would like to find a game between 6pm-10pm and the day does not really matter.

I have a Castles & Crusades game on Sunday evenings (8-11pm US/Eastern) that is looking for players - C&C is very similar to old-school D&D.

damned
August 13th, 2014, 22:53
I have a Castles & Crusades game on Sunday evenings (8-11pm US/Eastern) that is looking for players - C&C is very similar to old-school D&D.

Similar... but better!

WhosPeeking
August 17th, 2014, 02:30
im looking into that game, sorry i have been stuck at work for a few days. im looking to really try out 5e but a game like odnd looks cool too. what books would i need to play?

ballan4
August 17th, 2014, 02:42
As a player you don't really need much. You can read the books online when you are connected to the GM's computer. Otherwise for C & C you just need the players guide.

damned
August 17th, 2014, 04:02
Check out teh Quick Start rules. Enough to get you going.
You really just want to read about Primarya nd Secondary Abilities and Siege Checks. The rest is pretty standard old school D&D.
https://www.trolllord.com/downloads/pdfs/cnc_qs.pdf