PDA

View Full Version : Can't distribute XP via party sheet

gmkieran
August 12th, 2014, 01:08
FG version 3.0.6, Rule set 3.5e, extensions Exanded NPC Weapons (not my typo), 3.5e/PF Languages 2.4, Alignment Conditions .1 and Enhanced Items (3.5/PFRPG) (don't have versions for ENW or EI). When I attempt to distribute XP from the Party Sheet to my players, nothing happens. I have dragged all party members to the sheet from the combat tracker, made certain everyone is logged in when I attempt to distribute, tried distributing individual encounters and groupings of encounters, made certain to drag the link from the open encounters (rather than from the encounters listing) and verified that the link still works. I couldn't find a setting that turns this functionality on and off, so I'm at a loss. Is this working for anyone else in this rule set? Am I doing something wrong (based on the limited information I've given you)?

Thanks, as always!
GMK

damned
August 12th, 2014, 01:22
have you tried without any extensions loaded?

Trenloe
August 12th, 2014, 01:23
Have you tried it with a new 3.5e campaign without any extensions activated? This might give you an idea if it is one of the extensions or perhaps some campaign data that is causing an issue.

Also, a stupid question, but I'll ask anyway (just in case) - in the encounters that you're dragging to the part sheet is there an XP value other than 0? So that the party sheet populates with the XP value, and/or the "Aw?" entry isn't checked on the entries you want to use before you award XP? A checked Aw? entry means the XP has already been awarded and it won't be assigned again. For example:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/images/b/b6/3.5E_ps_xp.jpg

gmkieran
August 12th, 2014, 13:50
You have hit upon my problem, Trenloe, thank you! I assumed that I should check the entries I want to award, not that checked entries would be prevented from awarding. *sigh*

cheers!
GMK

darrenan
August 13th, 2014, 01:55
This is why good UI is hard. Everybody thinks differently ;-)

Callum
August 13th, 2014, 13:34
I made exactly the same mistake the first time I tried to use it. I then tried doing the opposite, which worked! I think part of the problem is that "Aw?" can be read as "Award?" as well as "Awarded?" (the latter presumably being the designer's intent). Maybe changing it to "Done?" or "Given?" would help. There's also the fact that you can tick the circle yourself, which makes it seem like something you should do, rather than a record of what's happened.

gmkieran
August 14th, 2014, 14:48
My thinking was that it would be expedient to populate all of the encounters for the adventure to the sheet initially and then check the ones you wanted to distribute whenever you wanted to do that. Current functionality assumes you will only add encounters as you use them or will remove already-distributed encounters from the list. Seems like there's an opportunity for double-distributing XP for encounters if you use the checkboxes wrong. Not an issue once you know how the system works, just counter-intuitive (to me, anyway). My players are just happy it worked - they're that much closer to 13th, now.

Cheers!

damned
August 15th, 2014, 03:12
Could you change the colour of those that had already been awarded?