PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Bestiary 3 - Complete OGL module, including spells and extra creature info

Trenloe
August 11th, 2014, 22:40
Pathfinder Bestiary 3 has been updated and expanded to include creature spells and extra creature details usually listed after the creature statblock.

This is the first bestiary to contain all of the information for each creature!

If you have the previous Bestiary 3 module (PFRPG Bestiary 3.mod) remove it as this uses the same name (PF-SRD-Bestiary-3) in the library list.

This was a community effort. Thanks to darrenan, hangarflying and RTFallen for taking the time to put all of the data together so that I could run it through the v2 creature parser.

Thanks again!

Minor Update: Incorporeal creature attacks edited to contain "incorporeal touch" so that targets don't resist their attacks. Thanks Blackfoot.

GMTroll
August 12th, 2014, 11:29
A big thank to all who worked on this, very much appreciated :)

darrenan
November 1st, 2014, 22:02
Just noticed that the Baykok appears to be missing from the module.

Trenloe
November 2nd, 2014, 12:35
Just noticed that the Baykok appears to be missing from the module.
So it is missing... I'll get that added sometime soon...

swest
November 3rd, 2014, 05:20
Greetings Trenloe,

I am keen to contribute in some way, but at this point (so early in my FG experience), it would have to be grunt work in support of others that know what they're doing. So, please let me know if there is anything that can be farmed out.

I was going to make this a PM just to you, but I realized that there are a few people out there doing work on the community's behalf that also might have something going on that I might help with.

Thanks, guys.

- s.west

Trenloe
November 11th, 2014, 04:29
Note, the errata Bestiary 3 is now available to download from here: https://paizo.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/Store.woa/wa/browse?path=%2FpathfinderRPG%2Fresources%2F Quite a few little things in there. I'll be looking to update this module based off the errata over the next couple of weeks.

Trenloe
March 19th, 2016, 18:13
Minor update for incorporeal touch attacks. Thanks Blackfoot.

UltimateGM
October 13th, 2016, 17:17
Looking through the Pathfinder Bestiary 3 module Ive noticed an entry for the Baykok does not exist. Am I over looking something?

Edit: Just noticed darrenan mentioned it already. Is there a way that I can add it outside of using the monster parcer ect? Who would have known I would have needed it for the Mummy's mask adventure...

Trenloe
October 13th, 2016, 17:30
Is there a way that I can add it outside of using the monster parcer ect?
You can add it in manually - editing each individual field. But, really, the creature parser is the best way to add PF creatures to FG. Don't be afraid! ;) Link here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?20522-Pathfinder-Creature-Parser-V2-Beta-Version

Trenloe
October 13th, 2016, 17:37
It's really easy to use. I've done this in 2 minutes:

Opened my copy of the Bestiary 3 PDF. Copied the statblock on page 35 into a text file baykok.txt.
Opened baykok.txt in Notepad++ (or another similar text edit application that shows non standard characters easily). Noticed the x in the x3 for the critical was a weird character, changed that to a proper "x". Saved file.
Installed the creature parser. Then opened it. Selected the "baykok.txt" file created in step #1. Clicked parse.
Opened Fantasy Grounds and activated the "baykok" module. The creature is there in the library.
Done! :)

Attached is the text file I used in the parser - which is a straight copy/paste from the Bestiary 3 PDF (and the quick replacement of the x mentioned above). I've also attached the resulting module file.

Nylanfs
October 13th, 2016, 19:10
Looking through the Pathfinder Bestiary 3 module Ive noticed an entry for the Baykok does not exist. Am I over looking something?

Edit: Just noticed darrenan mentioned it already. Is there a way that I can add it outside of using the monster parcer ect? Who would have known I would have needed it for the Mummy's mask adventure...

Welcome to the forums and FG Community!

UltimateGM
October 13th, 2016, 22:52
Thank you for the welcoming! I just picked up fantasy grounds last night and have dove into some of the tutorials to prepare Mummys Mask. I am doing each book into modules which should be interesting. There is a load of information on the forums and I appreciate the quick responses. I have already added a token for the Baykok so it should be quite the learning experience. So far things seem straight forward.

Nylanfs
October 14th, 2016, 12:34
This thread may be of interest to you then.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?20244-Private-sharing-of-PFS-scenario-data-available-modules

damned
October 15th, 2016, 02:56
UltimateGM there are a bunch of Pathfinder Society games at FG Con that could use an extra player...