PDA

View Full Version : TeamSpeak Problem

Myrddin
August 10th, 2014, 17:49
I like to use a second PC to run background music and effects (using fantastic software from www.syrinscape.com (https://www.syrinscape.com)) through TeamSpeak. I use a second PC connected via WiFi to do this. During my game last night, my WiFi dropped a couple of times but the connection to TS resumed automatically as soon as the WiFi connection was restored. However, after a couple of hours or so and after another disconnection, this time I was unable to reconnect to TS. I received a red warning message to say that I had been banned permanently. Reason: German laws do not allow music streaming or clones, it is against TeamSpeak rules! I have tried to log in to TS this morning and I seem able to connect, but I am not sure whether I will have problems again next time I actually come to run a game.

I was not aware that I was doing anything contrary to TS or any other rules and I know others are playing background music and effects the same way. Has anybody else had any problems like this? Are we permitted to use TS in this way?

Trenloe
August 10th, 2014, 21:15
I wasn't aware of this - which TS server were you using?

Myrddin
August 10th, 2014, 22:18
The TS server I use is fgts.servegame.com:9152 and I can still access it now.

I think I have discovered the problem. On reconnection last night, I must have inadvertently tried to connect to the TeamSpeak Public server - I can now see that's the server I have been banned from. That makes sense that they wouldn't want anybody streaming on the public server. I guess I'll not be hanging out in the public server :(

Trenloe
August 10th, 2014, 22:28
Phew! I was beginning to get worried there! Sorry you got banned from the public server, but glad streaming music isn't an issue on the community server.

krag
August 12th, 2014, 15:21
That's what it was? Ah you'll be fine. Nobody wants to talk to those guys anyway. Means more time for you to enjoy your music :P

BitPlanet
October 25th, 2014, 00:11
Sorry for the bump, This also happened to me but it was on my OWN private server hosted from my OWN dedicated server in my OWN home and I live in the UK... Any idea as to bypass this?

JohnD
October 25th, 2014, 01:54
Sorry for the bump, This also happened to me but it was on my OWN private server hosted from my OWN dedicated server in my OWN home and I live in the UK... Any idea as to bypass this?
Smack it with a hammer.

damned
October 25th, 2014, 03:58
@Bitplanet - what was the actual ban message?

BitPlanet
October 25th, 2014, 08:49
Got it working in the end, I just went in to reg edit and searched "ts3", "TS3", "teamspeak", "teamspeak3", "TeamSpeak3" and "TeamSpeak" and deleted all reg keys related to anything that came up, all seems good now