PDA

View Full Version : Trouble with Par5e vs Spells.txt

Xorn
August 8th, 2014, 07:55
I saved the D&D Basic Rules as a TXT file, cut out everything but the spells section, and saved that as Spells.txt

I put #@; before the cleric and wizard spell list headers, put ##; before the spell descriptions, and removed all the extra linefeeds from the TXT conversion. During this process, after Delayed Blast Fireball I parsed the file (out of curiosity), and it successfully created a module with the cleric and wizard spell indexes, plus the spells down through DBF. So I deleted the module, and finished removing the line breaks. Fired off another parse, and now it won't finish creating the module. Here are my capture settings:

And the output is:

Info : engine build .................................................. ..................... [v0.0.7-b15]
Info : ruleset library .................................................. .......................... [5E]
Info : module .................................................. ................................ [5ednd]
Info : ruleset .................................................. .................................. [5E]
Info : folder structure .................................................. .................... [Created]
Parse - spell .................................................. ................................... [Aid]
Parse - spell .................................................. ....................... [Antimagic Field]
etc...
Parse - spell .................................................. ......................... [Wall of Stone]
Parse - spell .................................................. .......................... [Warding Bond]
Parse : spells .................................................. ............................ [Completed]
Make : spells windowlists .................................................. ................ [Completed]

Then it stops. No module is created, no XML is created in the TEMP folder, either. Any ideas?

Zeus
August 8th, 2014, 10:37
Can you send me the spells.txt file Xorn, I'll have a look for you. I will PM my email address to you.

I'm also just penning up some changes to the documentation and will be posting up a new version of the tool later today.

Xorn
August 8th, 2014, 21:14
Zeuss fixed it. You only need the #@; for the top of the spell index, not next to each class type (I had it before Cleric & Wizard.)