PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a group.

mightymax474
August 7th, 2014, 17:51
Looking for a group for D&D 5th edition. I am open to play any character just message me.

Irondrake
August 8th, 2014, 00:22
Both of my campaigns are Text Only, we utilize absolutely no voice in our games. My Wednesday night game is Forgotten Realms and currently running Lost Mine of Phandelver. Once that is complete we will begin the Tyranny of Dragons campaign. The Saturday campaign is a world of my own design and mixture of module and my own material. I'm open to discussions on taking in a new player for either.

Tidomann
August 8th, 2014, 01:38
Hey Irondrake- just wanted to say love the work you put into your maps. Let me know if you want to sit down and chat, or converse via PMs. Whichever campaign is currently accepting players I'd be happy to join in. If you're looking for more people for your Saturday game, I'm interested to hear about the world, and maybe have a session where you can give me an input on character background then (unless it's still based in a common setting, then I'll just run it by you).

damned
August 8th, 2014, 04:33
Mightmax and Tidoman - if you are free for a one shot Sunday morning...
Castles & Crusades One Shot (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?21834-One-Shot-Old-School-D-amp-D-Session)

Irondrake
August 8th, 2014, 04:40
So I'm putting together a website, its still somewhat in production but I have a lot of game logs in the forums there. That should give you an idea about the campaigns :) https://irondrake.wix.com/fantastic-journies

ShadeRaven
August 8th, 2014, 11:12
Just wanted to stop in and compliment you on your website, Irondrake. Very sharp!

mightymax474
August 8th, 2014, 15:09
Both of my campaigns are Text Only, we utilize absolutely no voice in our games. My Wednesday night game is Forgotten Realms and currently running Lost Mine of Phandelver. Once that is complete we will begin the Tyranny of Dragons campaign. The Saturday campaign is a world of my own design and mixture of module and my own material. I'm open to discussions on taking in a new player for either.How do you run a game with no voice. That sounds very tedious.

dulux-oz
August 8th, 2014, 15:13
How do you run a game with no voice. That sounds very tedious.

Nah - just a lot of pre time and a nice, slow immersion into character for some real role-playing - plus plenty of opportunity for snack breaks, bathroom breaks, more snake breaks, etc :)

mightymax474
August 8th, 2014, 15:15
Well I would love to join. What are the times?

Tidomann
August 8th, 2014, 16:45
Hey Irondrake, what is your timezone? CST? Definitely interested in the Saturday game. The only issue is I tend to get off at 6:30 CST- so it's your call on barring entry.

Alzarian Crimson
August 15th, 2014, 02:05
I'm looking for a group as well. I'm new to fantasy grounds but not to d&d. Willing to play any type of character. Anyone know of a good group?

crb31
August 17th, 2014, 19:54
I'm also interested in a group.

mightymax474
August 20th, 2014, 19:30
Looks like we have a group here if we could find someone to DM

damned
August 20th, 2014, 23:29
One f you guys might like to even pull the group together and try your hand at being GM?
It is a lot more work - but can be just as much fun.

Alzarian Crimson
August 21st, 2014, 02:13
I've DMed quite a bit, but not recently and not with FG. However, I've been looking into it for the last few days. Just bought the 5e PH yesterday along with Hoard of the Dragon Queen. It will likely take me a few weeks before I'm ready to actually take on the DM role in FG - especially since I've never even used the program as a player. If I do get up and running, anyone interested in playing?

damned
August 21st, 2014, 03:47
@Alzarian Crimson - I can give you an intro GM Session 1 on 1 if you like - or if any of you other guys want to join in the GM session we can.
It wont be a 5e specific session but Im happy to try and answer all your questions. I reckon it would take 60-90mins.
If you can GM on pen and paper I think you probably only need a couple of pointers to get you going.
Also - these very short videos 2-6mins each will cover a bunch of common topics for a new FG GM... https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLsgd1zJLdiKUrEd85Dqr6UcaaLvD7YlJd
Approx 50mins in total but you can just watch a couple of minutes at a time.

El Condoro
August 21st, 2014, 08:42
I'd be interested in doing that. Both in Aus should make times easier to deal with. I'll check out the vids too

damned
August 21st, 2014, 10:29
El Condoro - lets see if anyone else is up for it and then we can get something booked in.
I dont have huge amounts of availability but we will be able to work out a couple of options.

Alzarian Crimson
August 21st, 2014, 23:31
Awesome! I'm in!

tlavalle
August 22nd, 2014, 00:12
i am running a 5e game now i think i see some familiar names.

Andraax
August 22nd, 2014, 02:47
Hey Tony, when is your game playing? I might be interested...

hakfson77
August 26th, 2014, 01:56
Anyone looking for a game on est standard time only. u can hit me up

Alzarian Crimson
August 27th, 2014, 13:45
I'd be interested

damned
August 27th, 2014, 14:53
@Alzarian Crimson - I managed to have a GM session with @El Condoro - sorry I havent gotten back to you as yet. Our timings dont line up too well so Im still trying to work out some times I might be able to get together with you.

hakfson77
August 28th, 2014, 06:55
Anyone looking for a game on est standard time only. u can hit me up okay. Like I said. This game will be eastern standard. I will be posting it in the game calendar

Kalastin
August 28th, 2014, 20:27
Hey guys, I'm also looking for a 5E game. I picked up the PHB yesterday and I'm interested in giving the ruleset a try!

Due to work I'm only able to play after 10pm PST reliably, and I prefer a text-based game over voice. Although I'm not picky about the type of game.

Alzarian Crimson
August 30th, 2014, 02:20
Great! I'll look for your game, hakfson77!

Alzarian Crimson
August 30th, 2014, 09:10
Oh and damned, I can try to be flexible on the time, particularly on the weekend.

damned
August 30th, 2014, 11:02
Alzarian. I have game in 30mins. It goes for 4-4.5hrs. If you are online in Teamspeak in 5hrs from NOW we can do a session... reply here if you can otherwise I will look for you. If you dont find me there I may have fallen asleep...

damned
August 30th, 2014, 17:23
Hey Alzarian - another time - gotta get some shuteye. Its 220am here :) Ciao.

Alzarian Crimson
August 30th, 2014, 23:29
Shoot. Sorry I missed you. Still interested.

damned
August 31st, 2014, 03:06
We'll get there....