PDA

View Full Version : CoreRPG Default Attributes Help

Brianide
August 6th, 2014, 02:06
Hey guys/girls, I have what should be a simple question - I'm modding the CoreRPG ruleset for my FATE-based Harry Potter game, and I'd like to make the main page (with its attributes list) hold a set of premade attributes. I assume I would put a series of attribute tags inside the list element, but the attribute object seems to be defined as a windowclass, not a template. On top of that, I can't quite figure out how the list is grabbing that attribute windowclass when a new item is created. Any ideas are appreciated.

EDIT: Also, is it possible to change the list so it isn't auto-ordered alphabetically? I'd like my default attributes to be fixed in place if possible.

Moon Wizard
August 7th, 2014, 00:13
If you're up to slightly more advanced XML mods, you can make front page a static set of fields, like most other rulesets (5E, 4E, 3.5E, C&C, Savage Worlds, etc.)

Otherwise, you can build a blank character (ie attribute names, but no numbers/abilities filled in), then export blank character to XML. You can then import this blank character for each new character you want to create without having to redefine attributes.

For sorting, I believe I took out alpha sort in v3.0.7 beta, but I need to double check.

Cheers,
JPG

Brianide
August 7th, 2014, 01:17
Thanks for the tips. I think I'll have to go with static fields to get it the way I want, but that won't be too much trouble. I should be able to copy in the "attribute" field's functionality.