PDA

View Full Version : Damage Reduction: There is no overcoming it

krag
August 4th, 2014, 19:39
I am struggling to get my DR to work. The picture speaks 1,000,000 words.

Ruleset: 3.5e
FG: Through Steam

Bludgeoning should work in this case, but it just isn't.

Any suggestions?

Trenloe
August 4th, 2014, 20:34
Bludgeoning should work in this case, but it just isn't.
The DR is adamantine and bludgeoning - therefore just bludgeoning won't overcome the DR, you need adamantine as well as bludgeoning. If it was either, it would be adamantine or bludgeoning.

krag
August 4th, 2014, 21:20
still having issue with it. here is the actual creature in question.

Trenloe
August 4th, 2014, 21:36
still having issue with it. here is the actual creature in question.

Damage Reduction is controlled by the DR: effect entry in the combat tracker.

The entry in the combat tracker in your screenshot has DR: 10 with no damage type listed as overcoming it, so this is DR 10/- - so all weapon attacks will have DR 10, no matter what damage type they do.

Make sure the DR effect entry in the combat tracker reads correctly. More info on effects here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/3.5E_Effects The Black Skeleton example you provide should have the following effect: DR:10 bludgeoning or magic modify the effect in the combat tracker if needed.

krag
August 4th, 2014, 22:18
So after fooling around with it for a bit, it seems like when you put a DR in the SQ section of an NPC, it should read as:

DR 10/bludgeoning or magic

I had originally put:

Damage Reduction (10/bludgeoning or magic)

Thanks Trenloe for all the help you consistently provide me. If things don't work out between you and the misses, I'm sure we will create beautiful campaigns together :P

Trenloe
August 4th, 2014, 22:30
So after fooling around with it for a bit, it seems like when you put a DR in the SQ section of an NPC, it should read as:

DR 10/bludgeoning or magic

I had originally put:

Damage Reduction (10/bludgeoning or magic)

Thanks Trenloe for all the help you consistently provide me. If things don't work out between you and the misses, I'm sure we will create beautiful campaigns together :P
Damage reduction 10/bludgeoning or magic should work. I've just noticed in your original screenshot for the Black Skeleton that bludgeoning was incorrectly spelt (bludgening) - which would have caused the DR being parsed as DR:10 without a damage type.