PDA

View Full Version : Sundered Skies ruleset problems (skyships)

radekg
August 2nd, 2014, 14:13
Hello,
I'm preparing new game for Sundered Skies and I have couple of problems. Mainly with Skyships. It is great that we have another category of "items" in ruleset with all required info but... it cannot be owned by players. Ofcourse I can share Skyship card with players but if they close it then there is no way they can open it again themselves. "Skyship" menu (on the right) is not shown for them. Also, on player character sheet there is tab "Vehicles" but no tab "Skyships" so I cannot assign skyships to them - only vehicles.. and ofcourse skyships are incompatible with Vehicles. Am I missing something?

Also, spell descriptions. I don't think this window should look like that (see attached screenshot)

All the best,
Radek.

Ikael
August 2nd, 2014, 14:46
I have noticed the same issues, but in current version there is no support to manage it except sharing as GM. In SW4 version which is not released yet these issues are addressed and you can drag and drop skyships into charsheet inventory (to vehicles list). It's good idea that skyships icon should be displayed to clients as well.

We are planning to release SW4 to public testing one day but the is no ETA available yet.

damned
August 3rd, 2014, 02:45
Can you create a LINK to the Skyship entry in a player NOTE file?

radekg
August 3rd, 2014, 08:40
Hello,

Can you create a LINK to the Skyship entry in a player NOTE file?

Thanks for suggestion. Either I can't or I have no clue how to do it. Player's note is simply text without any formatting (I can't even do bold). And drag'n'drop skyships on notes does not create link either. :(

Cheers!
Radek.

Ikael
August 3rd, 2014, 09:37
In SW3 notes are simple strings without formatting. This is another thing that has been improved in SW4 :). Now I have been thinking that creating ext to support skyships drag and drop into charsheet is easy one to do. Maybe someone with Sundered Skies product/source code could do it. I don't have the product so I cannot do it, but I have done refactoring for SW4 so I know. I could try blindcoding it thou...

radekg
August 3rd, 2014, 09:58
Hello,

In SW3 notes are simple strings without formatting. This is another thing that has been improved in SW4 :). Now I have been thinking that creating ext to support skyships drag and drop into charsheet is easy one to do. Maybe someone with Sundered Skies product/source code could do it. I don't have the product so I cannot do it, but I have done refactoring for SW4 so I know. I could try blindcoding it thou...

If you have time and will to blindcode extension then it would be great. I have the product and programming knowledge (including lua) but very limited knowledge about Fantasy Grounds' extensions/modules . So if I have some initial code then I probably can bugfix it by educated guessing. ;)

All the best,
Radek.

Ikael
August 3rd, 2014, 10:27
Hello,

If you have time and will to blindcode extension then it would be great. I have the product and programming knowledge (including lua) but very limited knowledge about Fantasy Grounds' extensions/modules . So if I have some initial code then I probably can bugfix it by educated guessing. ;)

All the best,
Radek.

Far from being perfect, but it's my best blind-guess from SW4 approach. Please give it a try and let me know if it works at all...
How should this work? When GM has shared skyship to player, any player can drag shared skyship and drop it into charsheet vehicle list (in inventory). This should make link to that shared record.

radekg
August 3rd, 2014, 11:20
Far from being perfect, but it's my best blind-guess from SW4 approach. Please give it a try and let me know if it works at all...
How should this work? When GM has shared skyship to player, any player can drag shared skyship and drop it into charsheet vehicle list (in inventory). This should make link to that shared record.

Can't thank you enough. It didn't work out of the box but as I said - some educated guesses (aka. "+/- 1 development methodology") and bum... it works! Thank you, thank you thank you and... thank you. ;)

damned
August 3rd, 2014, 13:25
ahh cool - i was going to suggest having a look at the extension in this thread...
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?20534-Hard-job-for-the-players

radekg
August 3rd, 2014, 14:08
ahh cool - i was going to suggest having a look at the extension in this thread...
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?20534-Hard-job-for-the-players

Because I'm super cool, nerdy and smart - I modified extension from this thread and I have rich-text notes. ;) LOL. Thanks.