PDA

View Full Version : Something wrong in NPC stats

robocoppa
August 2nd, 2014, 11:51
Hi,
I've noted that FG do not show the right bonuses in the ability check frame of the data sheet.

Specifically, it seems that do not count the half/level bonus on the roll of the NPC.

Se these image, the first is the Grell in the FG data sheet and the second is a scan of Player Hand Book (italian).

What's wrong? Thanks in advance for the help.

Bye Luca.

P.S. sorry for my bad english.

valeros
August 2nd, 2014, 16:58
Hopefully one of the FG gurus will reply, but I believe you need to add the word "Level" before the level in the header. You have "7/Soldato..." instead of "Level 7/Soldato..."

Looking at the code in npc_main_ability.lua, it looks for ""level%s(%d+)" to determine the creatures level. So you need the word "Level" before the level for the ruleset to determine the creature's level.

robocoppa
August 3rd, 2014, 07:49
Hopefully one of the FG gurus will reply, but I believe you need to add the word "Level" before the level in the header. You have "7/Soldato..." instead of "Level 7/Soldato..."

Wow, you're right!

But, I've tried to modify FG grell's data sheet and apparently nothing seems to change. I've found that to update the bonuses I must re-enter the stats so FG can re-calculate the right bonuses, even if I change the level of the NPC FG does not update the bonuses automatically.
So I think someone of the FG staff could fix this maybe.
At this point, I must edit all my NPC data sheets.... :cry:

Thanks for the help and hope for a fix...

Bye

Luca.

Griogre
August 3rd, 2014, 14:45
After you update the level, try closing and opening the monster.

robocoppa
August 3rd, 2014, 18:17
After you update the level, try closing and opening the monster.

Pheewwwuuuu.... :p

Ok, it works.

But I'm asking why the Word "Level" is not a default for the field that contain specifically the level of the NPC?
I mean, the first number of this field is surely the level of the NPC so why write this word when it may be included in the structure of the data sheet (as per "Speed" or "AC", etc..).

Thanks to everybody for the help.

Bye from Italy.

Luca.

Griogre
August 4th, 2014, 15:38
But I'm asking why the Word "Level" is not a default for the field that contain specifically the level of the NPC?
I mean, the first number of this field is surely the level of the NPC so why write this word when it may be included in the structure of the data sheet (as per "Speed" or "AC", etc..).

The 4E ruleset grew organically similar to the way the 5E ruleset is growing. One of the things that happened was the changing of monster stat blocks when the MM3 was released. Doing it that way probably was insurance against another stat block change.

robocoppa
August 4th, 2014, 17:05
The 4E ruleset grew organically similar to the way the 5E ruleset is growing. One of the things that happened was the changing of monster stat blocks when the MM3 was released. Doing it that way probably was insurance against another stat block change.

Understood!

Thanks for the explanation.

Bye.

Luca.