PDA

View Full Version : LFP: Pathfinder, Rise of the Runelord CET-timezone

Galdrin
July 30th, 2014, 18:01
Y'all,

I'm wondering if there are any people interested in a text only run of Rise of the Runelord in CET time zone?

I've just invested in the core rules and the anniversary edition of the adventure path and thought I'd try and set my Ultimate license to work.

The fine print is:

I'm new at GM-ing, Pathfinder and the PF ruleset. I'm intending this to be a Learning session for me.
I'm running games while trying to get my autistic son to fall asleep, so in worst case I'll need to cancel a run on short notice or mid-run (but that would quite seldom)
I'm open for gaming 20.30 to 23.30 (CET / CEST) most evenings of the week, I suggest that we use doodle.com to decide on next run.
E-mail, online chat or other internet-based Tools will be used in between run's for handouts or other info that doesn't need Group interaction, I can keep FG up most of the time so level progression and spell handling can be taken care of outside game-time.
The speed with which I parse / import the adventure into FG will decide how often we can play
Core rulebook only, remember, I'm new at PF so I might need "pointers" from players unless we are learning together.

Any takers?

Dr_Babylon
July 30th, 2014, 18:36
Well that sounds darn near pretty as a picture for my needs. We should talk, sir. That's what we should do.

kwarner1986
July 30th, 2014, 20:42
I like the text only and the time frame. Just need to know what day of the week and I'm in.

Galdrin
July 30th, 2014, 21:23
Kwarner, I have no set day of week as I can most days. I plan on suggesting 3-4 timeslots the next 7-10 days and then see which time fits best with people.

Dr_Babylon, No! We should not talk, as I said ... text only :)

Dr_Babylon
July 30th, 2014, 22:21
You complete me, Galdrin.

Old Man Trouble
July 30th, 2014, 23:16
Dr. B is in heaven. That is all.

Dr_Babylon
July 31st, 2014, 02:53
Yes, to be clear for those keeping score, text is indeed still integral to my enjoyment. I remain very interested in contributing to this project if you will have me. For now, I'll go...read a magazine or something and try not to scare off anyone else.

wgdevanna
July 31st, 2014, 04:03
I am also interested. Would it be one evening per week TBD? I am pretty flexibe about which night, but would only want to commit to one.
I am also new to PF and the ruleset, but have played RMFRP using FG, so the mechanics are already somewhat familiar. I have no prior knowledge of the modules, so no meta-gaming.
I like the text only format....nice and quiet.☺

wgdevanna
July 31st, 2014, 05:24
Y'all,

I'm wondering if there are any people interested in a text only run of Rise of the Runelord in CET time zone?

It seems I missed the small detail that the middle letter in your timezone stands for European....which would put your evening smack in the middle of my afternoon.

Your game sounds like it would be great to play...but afternoon times don't work for me. Good luck to y'all!

Dr_Babylon
July 31st, 2014, 06:20
Aw. I made the same mistake. Read it as Central Standard Time. Curse this round world of ours!

jshauber
July 31st, 2014, 14:04
The devil is in the details boys....I have learned to always look at timezone first!!!

Galdrin
July 31st, 2014, 14:36
The devil is in the details boys....

Indeed it is,

Doesn't seem to be a rush to this adventure, is it the adventure path or is it the newbie GM that scares people away?

I'm open for suggestions on other PF level one adventures and if I don't have it I'll buy it.

Dershem
July 31st, 2014, 16:34
It is a common run one, that being said having a definite day/time may help.

Fatesinger
July 31st, 2014, 16:49
I´m definitely interested. No problem with a learning adventure. Count me in.

Fatesinger
July 31st, 2014, 16:52
Perhaps adding the game to the calendar may help?
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/

RustyAngel
July 31st, 2014, 18:37
Y'all,

I would love to get in on this, but I'm already in one Runelords game and with classes starting in a couple weeks I cant afford to overload my gaming schedules.
I hope you plan on running other stuff like this in the future, as I will be frothing at the mouth for it.

Galdrin
July 31st, 2014, 19:11
I'm still working on a module from the Rise of the Runelords but think I'll run a shorter adventure to gain some speed on FG. The free to download Master of the fallen Fortress will be posted in the calendar.

Sirius23
July 31st, 2014, 21:18
Hey Galdrin,

I picked FG a while back on DTRPG and haven't used it yet I'd be in for some pathfinder goodness basic book only is fine with me though I have print and PDFs of most of the books. I'm British summer time so there wouldn't be to much of a clash with time zone. Will check out the calendar.

Artaron
August 1st, 2014, 20:59
Hi,

What day are you thinking of playing ?

Galdrin
August 1st, 2014, 21:11
The test shot with Master of the fallen fortress is now on wednesday, go here for it's own thread:
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?21786-Pathfinder-Master-of-the-Fallen-Fortress-(lvl-1-newbies-invited)

Rise of ... is open for suggestion bt it will have to wait untill I'm back from the states now so anytime after the 20th this month.