PDA

View Full Version : PFS Scenario #3-05: Tide of Twilight Saturday 9th August 8pm BST

Myrddin
July 28th, 2014, 19:24
A Pathfinder Society Scenario designed for Levels 1–5 (Subtiers 1-2 and 4-5).

In researching a recently recovered druidic lorestone, the Pathfinder Society learns of a powerful artifact with the power to turn men into bestial abominations. Amid claims of increased werewolf activity in the region, the PCs travel into the heart of the Verduran Forest to retrieve the valuable relic from a cabal of evil druids believed to currently hold it.

Written by Ron Lundeen.

To join:

Post your PC's Fantasy Grounds XML, together with a copy of your last PFS chronicle sheet (if applicable) in this thread.

Do not hesitate to reply in this forum thread if you have questions.

Useful links:

Steps to create your PC's XML: First message in this thread https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums...ady-for-a-game (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?16961-How-to-export-PCs-ready-for-a-game)
PFS Resources page: https://paizo.com/pathfinderSociety/playerResources (https://paizo.com/pathfinderSociety/playerResources)
Character creation rules: Guide_to_Pathfinder_Society_Organized_Play (https://paizo.com/products/btpy84k4) (Free pdf!)
Pathfinder rules reference: https://paizo.com/prd/ (https://paizo.com/prd/)

cmdisc
July 28th, 2014, 19:37
I'd like to bring in that 1st lvl Tiefling. Not sure whether a Witch or an Alchemist at this point, but will get something built out over the week.

Galdrin
July 28th, 2014, 20:17
I still haven't had the chance to try out PFS Scenarios, but if there is room for a new (to PFS) player I'd like to bring a Dwarf Cleric. Also I might have some trouble talking in voicechat because of my autistic son but I'll be listening if you can wait for me to type.

Skellan
July 28th, 2014, 21:37
I am available for this slot. I will wait for a bit before signing up to give others the opportunity to play first. (I have also Gm'd this one but not played it, so it also depends one whether Myrddin is happy for me to join). I have characters suitable for either subtier so I am happy to play whatever best suits the group .

Galdrin
July 28th, 2014, 21:38
Never mind. I Think I need to look into the 3.5 ruleset as I Think it's changed a bit since I last looked at it. I'll jump on the next train :)

cmdisc
July 28th, 2014, 22:40
Unless there's a sudden influx of interest, I would think there should be room for you, Skellan. Would love to have you along if Myrddin's ok with it.

How was the Con weekend?

Myrddin
July 28th, 2014, 23:06
I'm fine with you playing having already GM'ed the scenario skellan. No problem.

Galdrin, you're also welcome to play, even if you only want to use text for chat. New players are always welcome.

Skellan
July 28th, 2014, 23:07
It was awesome thanks. Full of great people and i had hardly any sleep and did a silly amount of gaming.
Lots of character deaths, though I managed to escape and most people got a rez. The special was lots of fun and I got to leg up a bad guy with a carpet pulling maneuver.

Skellan
July 28th, 2014, 23:09
Great. I will make up a character.

kwarner1986
July 29th, 2014, 02:12
I would tag along, but I'm still work that during that Saturday. If you delay until August 22nd, I would be happy to join you guys same time frame, but I do hope you get the min. of 4 you need to play. Just keep me in mind if you need to try again in a couple weeks.

Galdrin
July 29th, 2014, 05:35
Thank you Myrrdin, I'll create a char tonight and send it over so you can check it out so I've got Everything right in the 3.5e ruleset

Nightfiend
July 29th, 2014, 07:38
I would be interested in taking my bard / arcane healer / level 1, Ill follow up with the xml shortly.

Nightfiend
July 29th, 2014, 09:52
Ok looks like I can make it even with the time difference. Here is Tatiana and her stuff. What form of communication are you going to use?

Galdrin
July 29th, 2014, 22:00
I hope I did this right. My first PF char as well as my first tinkering with the 3.5 ruleset. A Quick look through buy anyone who has time would be appreciated.

Edit: Attaching files won't work for me so I'm providing links instead

XML: https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=6BFE33BC2A97681E!6853&authkey=!AFG3FcM8IkEQoTA&ithint=file%2cxml
Character portrait: https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=6BFE33BC2A97681E!6856&authkey=!AICGEMOPKaUYJDM&v=3&ithint=photo%2cpng

Nightfiend
July 30th, 2014, 00:06
Looks mechanically correct. I would need to know more about your intentions with the character, before I could determine if it’s a solid build.

Myrddin
July 30th, 2014, 01:47
Galdrin, I did a detailed check of your char sheet for you. Everything looked more or less fine, except a few things I have corrected and a few tweaks I made for you. I've attached the updated char sheet .xml, so you can import it into FG to view the changes and check you are happy with them.

Skill list was 3.5E list not PFRPG (make sure you select PFRPG as the ruleset when you go into Manage Characters or Create Campaign). I've adjusted this and removed inappropriate skills.
You don't need to enter the +3 for class skills or -ve modifier for Armor Penalty in the Misc field on the Skills sheet. Both are automatically applied by FG. Tick the class skill indicator (second column from left) on the Skills sheet as appropriate to apply +3 to total modifier. Tick the Armor box on the Inventory sheet to apply the Armor Penalty to appropriate skills.
I've set up your dwarven racial abilities as effects on the Actions tab. This is one of the great aspects of FG functionality. Take a look and see if the set-up makes sense. If not, just ask and I'll try to answer here or on game night.
Similarly, I set up your cleric channel energy ability on the Actions tab.

If you're happy with the char sheet, you're good to go. If not, just let me know.

Galdrin
July 30th, 2014, 06:32
Thank you! Using the wrong ruleset might explain some of the diffuculties I had with getting the right values into the right places :)

Myrddin
July 30th, 2014, 19:06
Nightfiend, I've loaded Tatiana into FG no problem. So, you're good to go. Nice backstory!

Nightfiend
July 31st, 2014, 01:18
Thanks, I thought you would like it.

Blackfoot
August 2nd, 2014, 21:01
I might be able to make this one... I need to check with the girlfriend and see if I'll be allowed to play in the middle of a Saturday afternoon.

Nightfiend
August 2nd, 2014, 23:50
Well it’s beginning to look like we might be running a little thin on the front line. If we don’t get a solid front line, I would like to submit a different character for consideration.

Nightfiend Silverbane, Summoner Level 3

Blackfoot
August 3rd, 2014, 01:16
Sounds like I am going to be allowed to play.

What subtier were we looking at here? Looks like a lot of Level 1's on the calendar.
I could bring a variety of characters from level 1 to 5.. so depending on what folks want to do.. I can fill in gaps.
I have plenty of Level 2/3 options if we are playing tier 1-2.

Grum the Thug - Male Half-orc Rogue (Thug)/3.1
Iggy Toymaker - Male Dwarf Alchemist/2.1
Daydrocandri - Male Gnome Oracle/2.1
Thumpinollo - Male Gnome Sacred Shield Paladin/2.1
Brom of the Stone - Male Dwarf Druid (Menhir Savant)/2.0
Pugnacious Twiddlebury - Male Gnome Summoner/2.1
Spirit Walker - Male Gnome Spirit Totem Barbarian/3.0
Pyros of the Inferno - Male Ifrit Cleric/1.2
Thoom - Male Oread Monk of the Sacred Mountain/1.2

Nightfiend
August 3rd, 2014, 05:30
Whatever you feel like Blackfoot. If we are heading out with (4) I’m going to bring the summoner, which fills the role of a melee dps. If we get a couple heavy front liners, then I’ll switch to the support bard. Both characters can roll with tier 1-2. The summoner can play up to 4-5 if needed.

Myrddin
August 3rd, 2014, 12:17
Welcome on board, Blackfoot! Let me know you char .xml so I can get it loaded up.

cmdisc and Galdrin are bringing L1s for sure and, assuming 4-5 characters, I think we will be playing the lower subtier regardless:

For scenarios written in Seasons 0 to 3, when the APL is in between subtiers, a party of six or seven characters must play the higher subtier. Parties with four or five characters must play the lower subtier.

Skellan, I hope you are still able to and intending to play, but just let us know if not.

Skellan
August 3rd, 2014, 18:29
Yep I will definitely play. I will do a 1st level fighter. Will send his XML soon

Blackfoot
August 4th, 2014, 01:12
OK... so with the current config even if I brought a level 5 we'd still play down as the APL is only 2.1.

It looks like we could use a roguish type... unless cmdisc brings an alchemist (they tend to be decent with traps and things.. I know mine is)... so if cmdisc does not bring his alchemist.. then I'll bring mine... or my rogue.. otherwise I'll look at some sort of caster... maybe druid or negative energy cleric.

cmdisc
August 4th, 2014, 07:01
I'm bringing a tiefling alchemist. Trying to sneak a tiefling in under the wire here and I've never played an alchemist before, so been reading up on it quite a bit and getting something together. I should have it posted here by end of today. He has a fair shot at noticing and disabling traps amongst other things.

cmdisc
August 4th, 2014, 11:53
Grinwaur Slag, mindchemist, at your service.

Skellan
August 5th, 2014, 22:06
Here's a link to my character Jehoel, an Aasimar Paladin

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/amgv1dux6wnew06/AAC0ZuR6ukLB0cXUR0C0a6qya

Just let me know if you have any questions. looking forward to the game

Blackfoot
August 5th, 2014, 23:14
Gah. I can't decide who to play.
OK.. we have:

Grinwaur - Level 1 Mindchemist - Bomber/Disabler/Smart Guy
Jehoel - Level 1 Paladin - Holy Warrior/*** Kicker
Grid - Level 1 - Cleric of Sarenrae - Fire Toting Battle Cleric (nominal channeling)
Nightfiend - Level 3 - Summoner - Buffer/Archer/Critter Lover

Pulling out the ones that double up too much my options are down to:
Grum the Thug - Male Half-orc Rogue (Thug)/3.1
Daydrocandri - Male Gnome Oracle/2.1 - (Healing Oracle)
Brom of the Stone - Male Dwarf Druid (Menhir Savant)/2.0
Spirit Walker - Male Gnome Spirit Totem Barbarian/3.0
Pyros of the Inferno - Male Ifrit Cleric/1.2 - (Negative Energy Channeler)
Thoom - Male Oread Monk of the Sacred Mountain/1.2 - (Panther Style Provoker)

Daydrocandri would bring a LOT of healing power... Grum would bring the most melee damage... Spirit Walker is tough...
Seems like healing is going to be an issue. Maybe Day would be the best plan...

Skellan
August 5th, 2014, 23:30
As I have run this one, I will leave it up to the group to decide. I am happy with whatever.

Nightfiend
August 6th, 2014, 01:18
Blackfoot, Bring the one you would most enjoy playing!

I have a question on voice server. Are we planing on using Team Speak?

Blackfoot
August 6th, 2014, 02:41
Blackfoot, Bring the one you would most enjoy playing!
The problem is I pretty much think all of them are cool. :)
And of course what fits the team/story best is good too.

cmdisc
August 6th, 2014, 07:48
Blackfoot, you play the same way I do; enjoying a variety of character styles and liking to fill the roles that the party needs. I agree with the others that you can play what you like. But if you can't decide (and if you're asking for our input), go for Day as that fills a slot that is currently lacking. This would leave us with:

2 melee front-liners
2 ranged archer/bombers
1 healer/buffer

My humble opinion anyway.

krag
August 6th, 2014, 14:44
I would love to come in with my new character I have made after doing one of these as a pre-gen.

Name: Ulloruk
Race: Half Orc
Class: Barbarian
Level: 1
PFS#:146428-1
Faction: The Sczarni
XP: 1
Fame/PP: 2/2
Starting Gold: 650

Chronicle Sheets: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/5u4qbly9ngls96e/AAATlT_sZDHhxD8uvS1ty0Npa
Character XML: Attached

Blackfoot
August 6th, 2014, 16:12
The addition of a Barbarian pretty much clinches it, extra healing will be definitely a good thing to have.
Name: Daydrocandri Brightmorning
Race: Gnome
Class: Oracle
Level: 2
PFS# 39241-9
Faction: Silver Crusade
XP: 4
Fame/PP: 7/7
Starting Gold: 2624
THIS will be Chronicle #6 (he has an extra boon chronicle)
Daydrocandri's Inventory Tracking Sheet (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AmXMIqPPKb2UdFhUNG9YejFaUU0wNU9STzk4QWFMY VE&usp=sharing)

Myrddin
August 6th, 2014, 20:24
Welcome Krag! That rounds out the table nicely.

Yes, Nightfiend we will useTeamSpeak. However, please remember Galdrin will only be using it to listen, while making responses exclusively through chat. The game may run a little longer as a result, so hopefully that's ok for everyone. Please be sure to use a headset for TS, as I like to run a continuous channel for music and effects, which can create feedback if you're not using a headset with mic.

krag
August 6th, 2014, 20:28
Had to update the XML as the previous one was straight from HeroLab

Here you are. Did you need any more information from me?

Myrddin
August 6th, 2014, 20:33
I'll load the remaining char xmls up later. I'l let you know if I have any qs krag.

Nightfiend
August 6th, 2014, 22:31
I have a question for GM. I have posted two possible characters for the game. Which of the two have you slotted me for at this point?

Myrddin
August 6th, 2014, 23:03
I've loaded both chars, Nightfiend. Which do you want to play?

Nightfiend
August 7th, 2014, 07:13
Seeing you have both online. I’m going to leave it up to the group. I am happy with either. Bard is a support bard, and summoner’s eidolon is a worthy dps melee. We now currently have two strong front liners, with melee cleric as a third so I’m thinking bard. That said I’m open to input from anyone.

Blackfoot
August 7th, 2014, 08:07
Seeing you have both online. I’m going to leave it up to the group. I am happy with either. Bard is a support bard, and summoner’s eidolon is a worthy dps melee. We now currently have two strong front liners, with melee cleric as a third so I’m thinking bard. That said I’m open to input from anyone.
Day is a total support character so the bard will be kinda redundant. More damage is good... it'll mean I need to do less healing...
or...
'Bring the one you would most enjoy playing!' ... is another option. :)

Nightfiend
August 7th, 2014, 11:46
Looks like ill be playing the summoner. )

krag
August 7th, 2014, 13:29
You can summon Ulloruk beautiful women, I am sure he will be most grateful.

(He tends to scare them off on his own...)

Myrddin
August 7th, 2014, 21:44
Ok, everybody's loaded up and we're good to go for Saturday...yay!

Blackfoot and Nightfiend, if you want to send portraits for you chars I can have them pre-loaded so we're as prepped as we can be for a prompt start.

Looking forward to gaming with everybody!

Blackfoot
August 7th, 2014, 21:54
It's quick and easy to load my portrait at game time. Less hassles for you. I'll be online before the start time anyway.

Nightfiend
August 7th, 2014, 22:31
Not sure what format is best for the image. If there is a problem with these let me know.

Blackfoot
August 7th, 2014, 22:46
Not sure what format is best for the image. If there is a problem with these let me know.
The best format for character portraits is always a 63x63 square .png or .jpg -- If you use a rectangular image (like these) you'll find the portrait squashed when it gets loaded into FG. The actual file type is less important. SQUARE is a big deal.

cmdisc
August 8th, 2014, 06:20
I tend to pull images out of different places and crop them down with basic software, nothing fancy. Many of them are much larger than 63x63 and some of those don't seem to translate right when they get compacted. But I'll second the importance of keeping them square. I think I have an old image or two in my portraits folder that wasn't squared to start with and they look like they got squeezed a bit in an apple press.

Nightfiend
August 8th, 2014, 08:10
I loaded both images into my fantasy grounds and they seem OK, so i'm going to give it a roll leaving them like that. reducing them in size really messed with the image.

Blackfoot
August 8th, 2014, 09:30
Here.. these at least won't skew when FG scales them... and here's a version that won't scale as well.

Nightfiend
August 8th, 2014, 10:00
Thanks Blackfoot!

Blackfoot
August 8th, 2014, 10:02
Not a problem.

cmdisc
August 8th, 2014, 21:49
Just wanted to give an update. I'm away from home for the weekend, but was still planning on gaming. Unfortunately the internet here is absolutely horrible. I will be talking with the front desk in the morning to see if there is anything they can do to improve it as I'm paying extra to even have it. I'm hoping worst case scenario is that I connect up to FG and am able to follow most of what is said on TeamSpeak. We'll see how it goes. I figure as long as I can see a map, pick out targets, and roll to cook them with a few bombs or acid flasks, I'll be doing my part. ;)

Will keep you updated on any progress tomorrow.

krag
August 8th, 2014, 23:55
Hopefully all goes well, cmdisc. Good luck with getting your internet up to speed.

Myrddin
August 9th, 2014, 00:04
No problem cmdisc. Hope they manage to sort things out for you at the hotel and you can connect to the game.

Galdrin
August 10th, 2014, 06:28
Sorry for leaving like that yesterday. Took me a good hour to get my 14 year old son to sleep again and I managed to fall asleep myself in the process.

Myrddin
August 10th, 2014, 09:41
No problem Galdrin. Sorry you missed the climax of the game...you managed to end the druids' ritual and restore things to normal. Unfortunately, we had a party death as Jehoel was killed outright by a critical hit.

I hope you enjoyed the game and it worked well being able to listen throgh TS and use chat for responses.

I'll have the chronce sheets up tonight hopefully.

Myrddin
August 10th, 2014, 17:36
Draft chronicle sheets attached. Let me know if all is in order and any purchases / sales and I will complete the sheets and issue signed versions.

Myrddin
August 10th, 2014, 17:37
Last but not least...Ulloruk's draft chronicle sheet

Blackfoot
August 10th, 2014, 17:55
Looks good. No additional purchases for Daydrocandri Brightmorning.

cmdisc
August 10th, 2014, 20:45
First off, thanks for running this. It was unfortunate that I couldn't get both TS and FG to run together, but the data stream was so poor I had to choose one. And since the whole point was to be on FG (and TS wasn't being reliable anyway)...

So it made for an interesting game. Surely much quieter than I've had in the past. heh. I just looked for when everyone started rolling Initiative or Saves. It all seemed to work out ok. Plus there were plenty of folks who chimed in with typing that either gave me an idea of what was going on or made for nice distracting side-chat to pass the time between battles.

Vortex, Grimwell wants you to know he's really sorry for burning you with that acid flask. At the time he didn't have other options and trusted in your ability to put up with the pain of the splash more so than the enemy's ability to resist it.

Also, we lost a paladin along the way and an Assimar at that. So near the end, but the enemy landed one incredibly unlucky shot. :( Grimwell's condolences to his family. But if they were perhaps willing to allow for some of his blood to be donated to the cause of scientific discovery...

No? Oh well. Another Assimar, another time maybe...

Regarding purchases, I'll need a few days to get back home to my books and papers, look things over, and let you know. Probably nothing fancy, but would like to look before I leap. I can post it here or just send you (Myrddin) a PM sometime Tues or Wed at the latest.

Myrddin
August 10th, 2014, 20:58
I'm glad you were able to continue to play Galdrin and that you still manged to enjoy the game. No rush for you to make purchases from my perspective. I'm on hols from Wednesday, so the only issue will be if you want the chronicle sheet back for another game in the next 3 weeks. If not, no problem.

Nightfiend
August 10th, 2014, 23:44
I will join everyone in thanking you for running this. It was a very enjoyable game. Was sad to have lost someone, but in all was a good run. As for Nightfiend, I will not be buying anything at this time. The chronicle looks good to go. Thanks again.

cmdisc
August 11th, 2014, 07:31
Come to think of it, I'll take the time to look things over later and make notes so I can worry about any purchases at the start of Grimwell's next game. No need to worry about any of that now. So Grimwell is good to go with his Chronicle sheet as it is.

krag
August 11th, 2014, 13:36
Ulloruk had bought 3 Alchemist Fires (I believe they are 20g each) and had used one of them. Everything else looks great.

I want to say how much of a pleasure it was to play with everyone, and I look forward to the next PFS game I get to play with you all.

Myrddin
August 13th, 2014, 02:06
First batch of signed chronicles.

cmdisc
August 13th, 2014, 12:15
Grimwell's looks great. Thanks again. :)

krag
August 13th, 2014, 14:14
Looks Good! Thanks so much!

Myrddin
November 1st, 2014, 11:36
Updated chronicle for Nightfiend attached.

Galdrin, did you ever get a PFS ID code for Grid. I'd like to complete the event reporting.

Galdrin
November 1st, 2014, 13:33
Sorry, didn't know you were waiting for me. pfsid for Grid is 74253-1

Myrddin
November 1st, 2014, 20:38
No problem. Thanks Galdrin. Updated chronicle sheet attached for you.