PDA

View Full Version : PAR5E Setup Questions

PhilFischer
July 28th, 2014, 04:33
First off, is this the right location to post a question on setting up PAR5E?
Second, should I have posted this on page 42 of the PAR5E post?
I made a simple story.txt file I want to parse into a Pathfinder module. Actually it is the story txt file found in the PAR5E user manual.
I simply trying to create a module I can load into a Pathfinder campaign.

I have put the story.txt file in the correct location I want it in: C:\Parse\CLBDah\input\story.txt

I have setup up PAR5E to the following into setup: 7145

When I try to parse it I get:
Info : engine build .................................................. ...................... [v0.0.6-b7]
Info : ruleset library .................................................. ..................... [CoreRPG]
Info : module .................................................. ............................... [CLBDah]
Info : ruleset .................................................. .......................... [Pathfinder]
Info : folder structure .................................................. ............. [mkdir() Failed]

Everytime. Any ideas?

Galdrin
July 28th, 2014, 05:16
I would start by defining a temp folder for the parser to work in where it can build hte folder structure. For example C:\temp\parser.

PhilFischer
July 28th, 2014, 05:39
thanks. that fixed that.

PhilFischer
July 28th, 2014, 05:46
I was expecting it to create a module somewhere but there was none anywhere including the output directory i set.
do I need to zip up the the temp directory? there were some xml files inside the temp dir but they did not seem to include my story info.

Was it supposed to go further than it did down the list?
Is the partial complete bar normal?

bdf1992
July 28th, 2014, 06:16
Make a thumbnail, that's one thing.

ShadeRaven
July 28th, 2014, 06:45
bdf has the right of it. That little image file is needed. Slap a thumbnail photo of just about anything (I used a D&D stylized logo) and that'll probably fix it.

And yes, the [Ready Bar ] should go to the end indicating completely. When it does, then your get your .mod in the output directory.

PS: Keep in mind, I am assuming it all works the same for PF. I only use this for 5th Edition.

PhilFischer
July 28th, 2014, 06:49
Thanks. I did and it worked! I have a shiny new module, however the story.txt file did not seem to load.
I noticed it said in the doc that story is for 5e only so I set it to 5e and loaded the module into 5e.
It loaded up fine, but no story. The text to my story.txt file is here:

#@;B99 The Chaotic Caves
##;Overview
#h;Dungeon Module B99 The Chaotic Caves
#h;By DrZ
An Adventure for Character Levels 1–3
General Notes: This module ...
##;(Contents)
#h;B99 The Chaotic Caves
#zls;
#zl;story;Overview
#zl;story;What Is This Adventure About?
#zl;story;Make This Your Adventure
#zl;story;Running the Adventure
#zl;story;Introduction
#zle;
##;What Is This Adventure About?
The Chaotic Caves ...

Any ideas?
Phil

Galdrin
July 28th, 2014, 10:05
Unless you have changed your settings since the first post made by you it looks like you have missed to check the box that tells Par5E to include story.txt to the Campaign part of the module (Cmp).

trevorgall
December 27th, 2014, 22:38
When setting the ruleset as Pathfinder.. the MOD file - definition.xml has <ruleset>Pathfinder</ruleset> in it.. and it wont list in the LIBRARY IN FG2.

If I manually change it to P <ruleset>PFRPG</ruleset> it does.

Shouldn't the PAR5E APP not do that automatically?

Xorn
December 28th, 2014, 00:15
sounds like a bug in the output. pm zeus and im sure thats a quick fix. good catch