PDA

View Full Version : Demo: Won't save campaign

Fihnakis
July 27th, 2014, 21:03
For the life of me I can't get FG to save my campaign. I tried /save from chat and it says saved successfully but if I load another instance of FG there is no demo campaign to load. Now I did d/l the example campaigns and I can load those just fine. So I was curious what was different between my campaign and the example since I can see the folder for the one I'm trying to make. Well when I look inside my created folder there are no .xml files as there are in the example folder (campaign, db, modulestate.xml files) which I'm gonna guess contain all the info I just spent hours creating. Any ideas would be most welcome.

Trenloe
July 27th, 2014, 21:07
The demo doesn't save the campaign. The free demo software is to allow you to see what FG can do, play around with it, have a single player connect and try a one off session, but not to be able to save the campaign - otherwise you could run an ongoing game with 1 GM and 1 Player with just the demo version.

You can run the demo campaigns, but any changes you make won't be saved.

Fihnakis
July 27th, 2014, 21:12
Well that's just shitty. Would have made more sense to make the demo a timed trial, imo. Oh well, is what it is.

EDIT: And thank you for the speedy and informative reply.