PDA

View Full Version : Spell attacks not adding proficiency bonus to attack

Tidomann
July 24th, 2014, 23:18
I'm trying to add spells manually as I can't wrap my head around the parser currently. Manually adding what I need currently as I have to prep for a campaign in a short amount of time.

However, I'm noticing most spells on the attack roll are adding the abilit modifier but not the proficiency bonus to both the save and the attack roll. Is there a way of fixing this or do I have to manually add the bonus to each spell?

Edit: My manage attachments button is not working on my browser, so I have posted what I am doing to imgur https://i.imgur.com/LQuC059.jpg

Edit 2: I realize the save should be CON.

Irondrake
July 25th, 2014, 00:34
Hmm, what happens if you changed Base to Charisma in there? Does it make it 5?

Moon Wizard
July 25th, 2014, 00:53
If you are going to be playing 5E, try using the beta version. I've been heavily updating that version to reflect the changes from the Basic Rules and Starter Set.

You can find out more information on the beta in the Laboratory forum, where I post updates. The beta can be accessed by entering FG Settings from the launch screen, setting Mode option to Test, then updating.

Cheers,
JPG

Tidomann
July 25th, 2014, 01:13
If you are going to be playing 5E, try using the beta version. I've been heavily updating that version to reflect the changes from the Basic Rules and Starter Set.

You can find out more information on the beta in the Laboratory forum, where I post updates. The beta can be accessed by entering FG Settings from the launch screen, setting Mode option to Test, then updating.

Cheers,
JPG

Excellent! I was looking through all the beta changes. I don't know why I made the assumption that it would default to the latest beta.

Edit: Hmm, what happens if you changed Base to Charisma in there? Does it make it 5?

Yes, yes it does. Thankyou.

Irondrake
July 25th, 2014, 01:34
Oh! Sorry, I just assumed you were using the beta version. Back up your campaign information (zip it up), open Settings and switch it to Test mode. Then update it :)