PDA

View Full Version : LFP: Ongoing pathfinder module. 1/week. Wed.

Unbutu
July 24th, 2014, 06:59
If you want to PM, you can contact Greyhound (GM) (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/private.php?do=newpm&u=26787) or myself (Stupid-ly strong fighter)

----------------

The undead are lurking beneath the heart. It's getting stronger. Bold enough to strike at villagers during the night. Join the small party who elected to seek the source of this infestation, as they explore deep beneath an ancient monastery.

--------
What's the goal of this post. Why do I make bullet points. Why am I so upfront ?

The goal is for you join and and have fun. But there's already players, and a GM. And they already have their manners and habits. I am upfront because trying to describe how we do things helps you more than saying ''we are a fun group''. We all have fun in different ways. I'd like to help you to know how it was *before you arrived*. It will likely be similar in the future, but might change a bit when you arrive :) Still, it gives you enough information to know if you want to try.

-------------

1) The game runs one time per week on Wed. from 8am PST/10am CST/11am EST until around 12 PST/2pm CST/3pm EST. Notice: This is *AM*

2) We use PFSRD.com (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/) for for all rules. Excluding third party. Look on the front page for : Core Races, Core Classes, Base Classes. 15 point buy. You could ask, if there's something specific you want to play.

3) We discuss the rules a bit during play, but mostly move foward. We usually check them after the game if there's something.

4) We have a very mature DM, with a ''come talk to me attitude''. The only real problems are those you don't talk about.

5) We use voicechat for all communication. You need a working mic. (Please, one that does not catch terrible background noise)

7) Our main activities are: 80% Clear Dungeons (Walk, reveal, fight), 10% RP between characters, 10% OOC strategy .

8) If you are absent, the game will happen without you nonetheless. You character will be used in battles and roleplayed by the other players.

9) We all keep contact through skype. There's a group conversation where we say if we will be present a few days before the game. It's also where we discuss rule interpretations we have researched between games.

Alverstar
July 25th, 2014, 06:27
Hi Unbutu,
Your group sounds great I have a couple of questions though,

1) What type of setting are you using for your game?
2) Does the game run weekly or monthly?

About me: New to FG. Not new to Pathfinder or RPG'ing. Time Zone GMT.

Cheers,
Alverstar

Unbutu
July 26th, 2014, 00:53
The game runs 1/week on wednesdays. I'll ask someone else to chip in to describe de settings.

greyhoundgames
July 26th, 2014, 01:21
DM Here.
We just finished up a module and are about to begin a new one with plot ties to the previous, but no specific knowledge of it is required.
The players have just finished exploring the third level of a large underground ruin. The first floor was populated by a tribe of kobolds who had fled the lower levels after being forced out by an undead scourge. The party proceeded to delve deeper and purge the undead from the third floor. However an ominous pit was discovered that leads deeper still. The entire campaign has taken place on the grounds of an ancient Dwarven structure. Who knows just how deep this goes or what lurks further down?

greyhoundgames
July 28th, 2014, 21:56
An Update on this game. We now have 4 players and still have room for another. You can PM me or Unbutu about it.

Unbutu
July 29th, 2014, 07:05
Oh and the kids are safe now. We brought them back to the village. We'll start another module in the next game = Such a great time to join : )

blckattk
July 30th, 2014, 14:34
what system do you use for character creation. point buy or rolling stats.and i was wondering if you still had room seeing as you have a game today i can come up with a character that i would like to play.

greyhoundgames
July 30th, 2014, 15:14
Good morning. We start in 1 hour. If you want to discuss this, we PM me your skype name. We use 15 point buy.

blckattk
July 30th, 2014, 15:17
- Tolarous Strider , alchemist , Caleb, Caleb Wells
A What motivates your character
discovering things and following in his fathers work. HIs father was an alchemist whe had less and less time to his work the more he became the face of his village. he was a high ranking advisor who had much of his time taken up. his lab was left open quite a bit so Tolarous snuck in and played with the chemicals almost blowing himself up a time or two.he is a half elf who has taken much to many men when it comes to his skill and intelect. his mother taught him how to use a bow. she stayed with hime for many years after his birth. around the age of 10 she died, along with his father in an undead raid on his village. he was only able to keep two things. his fathers alchemist book where all his discoveries lied and his mothers bow whitch he used to defend himself. this motivates him to explore to find and discover things his father never could and has also left a hatred of all things orc.
B What's the best gift I could give your character with 10 $ ?
he really likes unique items form all over the world. he believes it will help him learn more about his fathers work.
C What irritates your character enough that he will speak out about it ?
more than anything he hates raiders and pirates and if within his power he will fight. if not he plan until he can.

Unbutu
August 22nd, 2014, 10:30
Updated the first post to lure new unsuspecting yordles into the game, and reflect the current status.

Unbutu
August 24th, 2014, 23:40
Corrected grammar. Still open.

greyhoundgames
September 3rd, 2014, 16:10
Followup post. Game is still running and accepting new players(experienced and newer). We are now almost level 5 and have the 3rd floor of the dungeon we are exploring. This is the 3rd module in this campaign.