PDA

View Full Version : Barbarians of Lemuria: Mythic Edition

VenomousFiligree
July 23rd, 2014, 21:05
Barbarians of Lemuria is a rules lite Sword and Sorcery RPG and the Mythic Edition is currently being Kickstarted (https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/700903193/barbarians-of-lemuria-mythic-edition). Would anyone be interested in pledging if a Fantasy Grounds Ruleset pledge level was offered?

damned
July 23rd, 2014, 23:03
i probably wont play it but i would pledge for a FG conversion... problem is you probably need at least $1000 to make that happen....

Trenloe
July 23rd, 2014, 23:18
Barbarians of Lemuria is a rules lite Sword and Sorcery RPG and the Mythic Edition is currently being Kickstarted (https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/700903193/barbarians-of-lemuria-mythic-edition). Would anyone be interested in pledging if a Fantasy Grounds Ruleset pledge level was offered?
Oh no! Another money draining RPG Kickstarter... Must... Resist...

But, if you did manage to get a FG Ruleset offered as either a stretch goal, pledge level reward or add-on I'd have to open the purse strings...

VenomousFiligree
July 24th, 2014, 07:02
damned, I have some willing to do it and not for that amount thankfully :)

Unfortunately more interest is being shown in R20 support than FG :(

damned
July 24th, 2014, 08:46
So what is required... lets drum up some support if you can tell us more info...

damned
July 25th, 2014, 08:18
@VenomousFiligree i checked out the KS page again today and didnt see anything about Fantasy Grounds or Roll20...

VenomousFiligree
July 25th, 2014, 08:53
Hi damned. There are no pledges levels or add-ons for VTs yet. I sent out the following on G+, Facebook and twitter, to gauge interest:

Any interest in online play of Barbarians of Lemuria? What's your preferred Virtual Tabletop, Fantasy Grounds, Roll20, something else?

and posted the following in comments:

Do we have many online players, would virtual tabletop support be something you'd want?

In the responses I've had there's been no mention of FG, single mentions of 'yes, never tried any', 'Tabletop', and 'just Hangouts' and a number of mentions of 'Roll20'.

damned
July 25th, 2014, 12:20
@VenomousFiligree - post some links.
I know @daddystabz has in the past stated a desire to contribute some $$ towards a BoL ruleset.
How much $$ do you need and could you get a License?

VenomousFiligree
July 25th, 2014, 16:44
The Kickstarter link is in my signature. I post frequently to Google+ (https://plus.google.com/u/0/b/111889214316933625037/111889214316933625037/posts), twitter (https://twitter.com/FiligreeForge) and Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Filigree-Forge/1469060863337022?ref=hl). RPG.net has been the greatest contributor to the Kickstarter so I keep an eye out there, especially this thread (https://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?730859-kickstarter-Barbarians-of-Lemuria-Mythic-edition).

As the publisher, yes I can get the license ;)

I'm not going say who will make it or how much for the ruleset, I'll let them make that known if they desire.

If enough interest is shown I'll offer an FG pledge level and it doesn't have to cover the full amount.

Trenloe
July 25th, 2014, 17:21
If enough interest is shown I'll offer an FG pledge level and it doesn't have to cover the full amount.
The problem is that waiting for enough interest might mean you miss the boat. Kickstarter pledge levels/add-ons/whatever you want to call them can be a chicken-and-egg situation - people won't sign-up until they see an option available/people who say they want an option don't pledge for it when it arrives (the ruleset wizard is a classic example of the latter).

With a lot of Kickstarters you have one change to woo an potential backer - they'll look at your KS, review the pledges and if there's something they're interested they might pledge and then that's it - they might not come back again during the campaign. Yes, some people are very active in the kickstarters they back, others aren't - they back and that's it.

You've 16 days left in your campaign, if you're serious about a VTT option I'd say put it up there as a pledge level, add-on, stretch-goal, whatever you feel appropriate. This will give it maximum visibility for the remainder of the campaign. I'm very active on Kickstarter but I don't monitor the social media where you're doing a lot of posting - with this forum being the exception. I would imagine a lot of other backers who might be interested in a FG ruleset would say the same.

VenomousFiligree
July 25th, 2014, 17:36
A stretch goal would be the preferred option, however I don't believe the Kickstarter has enough steam to go very far past those already planned and even then the stretch goals are in the hands of the backers.

If it's a pledge or add-on then it has to be honoured, even if there's only one taker, thats a road to ruin... Hence why I'm gauging interest first.

Yes I am serious, it's how *I* play my RPGs :) , however Roll20 is showing more interest and has a lot less outlay to get going (even though it's not *my* preferred VT).

Trenloe
July 25th, 2014, 18:01
Totally understand the potential for only a couple of people buying an add-on and then having to deliver.

Stretch goals are a great way of giving an incentive to current/new backers to get the word out for you - as any stretch goals give the backers more bang for their buck. Who knows, if you add a FG ruleset stretch goal that could get a whole load of new backers in and have a bunch of us FG supporters touting your KS around the ether... Maybe. :D

VenomousFiligree
July 25th, 2014, 18:18
Another option (which I'm seriously considering), is a separate Kickstarter for BoL:ME FG. No risk there, it either funds or it doesn't!

VenomousFiligree
July 26th, 2014, 01:09
I've posted an update for a Roll20 pledge, which I wont include here for obvious reasons, however I will share some thought for an FG pledge.

The Kickstarter's main pledge is £10 for the pdf of the final book, all stretch goals pdfs and a physical copy of the book from RPGBNow at cost.

I could see an FG pledge also being £10, however there'd be no book (at cost) from RPGNow, instead there'd be an FG ruleset including the core rules within the ruleset.

If you wanted the physical book (at cost) and the FG ruleset then it would be £18.

The core book includes 5 adventures (which would be included with the FG pledge), however there are (at the moment) 6 extra short adventures achieved through stretch gaols, all these adventures could be received as modules for an extra £4 addition to your pledge.

If I had enough people interested at these pledge levels to cover half the cost of the ruleset, then I'd be happy to include them.

damned
July 26th, 2014, 09:40
Id back it and I will help you drum up some support if you go that way.

Trenloe
July 26th, 2014, 16:06
I'd back too.

Dakadin
July 26th, 2014, 19:35
I'd back it also just to support what you are doing.

VenomousFiligree
July 27th, 2014, 09:14
Taken the plunge...! (https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/700903193/barbarians-of-lemuria-mythic-edition/posts/928161)

RTFallen
July 27th, 2014, 12:10
You have my support, even though my wife may end up killing me.

Resire

dulux-oz
July 27th, 2014, 12:43
You have my support, even though my wife may end up killing me.

Resire

You're not a real role-player until your "significant-other" has threatened to kill you :p

RTFallen
July 27th, 2014, 12:50
You're not a real role-player until your "significant-other" has threatened to kill you :p

Lol, very true.

Resire

Trenloe
July 27th, 2014, 14:26
Taken the plunge...! (https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/700903193/barbarians-of-lemuria-mythic-edition/posts/928161)
Awesome! I'm in... :-)

damned
July 27th, 2014, 14:30

Backed.

VenomousFiligree
July 27th, 2014, 14:59
Thanks everyone. :)

damned
July 27th, 2014, 15:01
i see you just signed up for FG Con - you missed that we sent out a link to your KS in the newsletter on Friday.
I will post a banner on the FG Con website shortly.

VenomousFiligree
July 27th, 2014, 15:08
i see you just signed up for FG Con - you missed that we sent out a link to your KS in the newsletter on Friday.
I will post a banner on the FG Con website shortly.

Dakadin
July 27th, 2014, 18:17
Backed. :)

ballan4
July 28th, 2014, 03:14
I'm a backer now! RTFallen, I'll be joining you for gaming in the afterlife when my wife sees this... lol

krag
August 4th, 2014, 18:48
At the risk of an encounter with a CR 27 Demigod woman I may be wed to, I have backed your project in hopes that the FG community can show that they really do support the individuals that make material for us.

Thank you, and backed.

VenomousFiligree
August 5th, 2014, 18:32
Thanks everyone :)

damned
August 5th, 2014, 22:38
The Kickstarter is moving along - so far:

All in colour:
cover image
26 career portrait images
34 creature / race images
6 half page scenes
3 full page scenes
an all new map of Lemuria, from Robert Altbauer of Fantasy Map, will be commissioned

In B&W for now:
30 additional creature / race images
6 additional half page scenes
3 additional full page scenes
40 small filler images

With another €1000 the second lot of artwork will get bumped up to colour too!

VenomousFiligree
August 8th, 2014, 22:00
We now have less than 48 hours to go. Including PayPal pledges and as of writing, we stand at £6915 and 423 backers.

Just under £600 for a full colour book and another 77 backers for BoL Everywhen to be Kickstarted next year.

damned
August 8th, 2014, 22:49
Good stuff VenomousFiligree! Cmon guys - I reckon there are some more backers lurking around here!