PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder: The Emerald Spire - first game Thursday or Friday

Lavaeolus
July 20th, 2014, 13:23
Looking to recruit players, I can be very flexible on timing so let me know when works for you. First come first served.
This will be my first time running in FG so some patience expected…

FG License: Regular
Game System: Pathfinder

Time Zone: GMT+8
Day of week and time: Thursday or Friday subject to player demand
If new game, planned start date: This Thursday or Friday
Planned Frequency: Once a fortnight
Term: Plan to run complete campaign but players can rotate
Text or Voice: Voice preferred
Voice software used: Google Hangout

Roleplay & Combat mix: 50/50
Number of Players in game & needed: need 4-6, scope for additional players later.
Character starting level & equipment: 1st level standard build
Character restrictions:
Details of your scenario: Travel beneath the emerald spire and confront the beasts that have made this mega dungeon their home. Will aim for cinematic combat and a nice mix of roleplay and combat.
Calendar: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=1233

Old Man Trouble
July 20th, 2014, 15:16
I have been looking to play Emerald Spire, but I'm in EST (GMT -5). It might be hard to coordinate time, since I believe available start time would be about 5AM your time. Also, I'm not sure with that much time spread if your Friday = my Friday. Time zones make my head hurt. 8)

Lavaeolus
July 20th, 2014, 15:39
What is your availability EST?

Old Man Trouble
July 20th, 2014, 15:42
Friday at 5pm-11:00pm.

Lavaeolus
July 20th, 2014, 15:49
Lets try Friday 7pm-11pm EST and see if we get any other takers.
Which is Saturday 7am-11am for those in SE Asia

Old Man Trouble
July 20th, 2014, 15:57
That seems to be a popular time slot. Sounds like a plan.

RustyAngel
July 20th, 2014, 18:15
I'm interested, never run in this before so it should be fun. As for time I'm available pretty much anytime until late next month when my classes start.

avro5731
July 20th, 2014, 18:27
Im in! Thanks for offering to run!

Since this is a module is this PFS or just PF?

Also

Is this a "1st level standard build"?
- any class / race 4
- 20 pt buy in
- average gp for the class
- max hps for lvl 1

Also it looks like we have Evelyn the Ice Sorceress, does anyone else have an idea of what they are playing?

kwarner1986
July 20th, 2014, 18:34
Sigh, I would love to do that time, but currently it won't work with my current schedule. If you waited until August 22nd, I can do that time since my schedule changes. Until then I get off at 8pm. I'm good with Thursday it's always my off day. If we play at 7pm, I'll just have to run late for the first couple of sessions.

Lutdhais
July 20th, 2014, 18:40
i would apply. It's 1 AM Saturday for me but thats okay :)
will also apply on the calendar

Old Man Trouble
July 20th, 2014, 18:55
Depending on GM's input on the concept, I might be playing Victor von Strug. He's an out-of-retirement roaming monster hunter, and preacher. He's tough, full of bile and old lore, and he's here to help the next generation.

RustyAngel
July 20th, 2014, 21:45
Also it looks like we have Evelyn the Ice Sorceress, does anyone else have an idea of what they are playing?

I have a whole plethora of head people I can bring. My current kick is my Tiefling rogue so I would love to bring her, but I can play whatever the party is in need of.

jackmcentee
July 20th, 2014, 21:52
7pm EST is 8.30am (+9.5 GMT) saturday for me, haha. Guess I could get up early >.> I'm new to FG as well but would be really interested in joining.

Lutdhais
July 20th, 2014, 22:46
well .. would be 6 now as far as i can see.
Sorceress, Rogue, Druid, Clerik as far as i can see. Probably need a Tank and a something. My Druid got a pet that can also tank a little bit.

jackmcentee
July 21st, 2014, 00:12
Probably need a Tank and a something. I've thrown together a Tengu Monk that could be suitable :)

Lavaeolus
July 21st, 2014, 01:00

Also

- any class / race 4
- 20 pt buy in
- max hps for lvl 1

Correct on the parameters and correct that this is not Pathfinder Society play

Lavaeolus
July 21st, 2014, 01:02
Looks like we have our party. I will PM you later in the day with more details.

If anyone wants to do a brief pre-game with me (just to make sure the exports etc are working) PM me and we will set something up. Otherwise think about what might have brought you to Fort Inevitable and shoot me a message or share in the thread.

kwarner1986
July 21st, 2014, 15:06

Also

- any class / race 4
- 20 pt buy in
- max hps for lvl 1

Standard Build two Traits?

Lavaeolus
July 21st, 2014, 15:47
Yup two traits.

kwarner1986
July 21st, 2014, 16:10
Oh, concerning gold.

Pathfinder Society rules, everyone gets 150gp no matter which class.
-or-
Do we follow the Pathfiner Book Rule of Average Gold.
Barbarian 3d6 × 10 gp 105 gp
Bard 3d6 × 10 gp 105 gp
Cleric 4d6 × 10 gp 140 gp
Druid 2d6 × 10 gp 70 gp
Fighter 5d6 x 10 gp 175 gp
Monk 1d6 × 10 gp 35 gp
Paladin 5d6 × 10 gp 175 gp
Ranger 5d6 × 10 gp 175 gp
Rogue 4d6 × 10 gp 140 gp
Sorcerer 2d6 × 10 gp 70 gp
Wizard 2d6 × 10 gp 70 gp

Lavaeolus
July 21st, 2014, 16:14
Take average.

Lavaeolus
July 22nd, 2014, 15:41
Hi all

3 things before Friday

1) We will be using TeamSpeak for the voice component. I will send you server details nearer the time but please make sure you have the client (which is free)
2) Please confirm your character and send to me either Herolab file or Fantasy grounds file
3) If you want to pre-play PM me. I probably cant schedule a session but we can do something over message. Let me know a little bit about your character and motivations...

avro5731
July 22nd, 2014, 19:35
hmm line up is:

Melee: Tank: Maybe the Cleric
Melee DPS: Monk, Druid, Rogue, Cleric
Caster DPS: Sorceress, Cleric
Caster Utility: Sorceress, Cleric, Druid
Skill Monkey: Rogue (maybe)
Healing: Cleric, Druid (maybe)

So looks like we are missing a dedicated Meat Shield and a defined skill monkey.... Let me see what I can build for my guy. I will entertain suggestions as long as its not a pally(ewwwww)

Lutdhais
July 22nd, 2014, 20:00
As Mentioned my wolverine can do a little bit of tankiness with his relative high AC.

RustyAngel
July 22nd, 2014, 20:32
hmm line up is:

Melee: Tank: Maybe the Cleric
Melee DPS: Monk, Druid, Rogue, Cleric
Caster DPS: Sorceress, Cleric
Caster Utility: Sorceress, Cleric, Druid
Skill Monkey: Rogue (maybe)
Healing: Cleric, Druid (maybe)

So looks like we are missing a dedicated Meat Shield and a defined skill monkey.... Let me see what I can build for my guy. I will entertain suggestions as long as its not a pally(ewwwww)

My rogue can skill monkey quite well ;)

Old Man Trouble
July 22nd, 2014, 21:39
My character (cleric) would love it if you were a barbarian/fighter/ranger wielding a giant sword/axe/club/hammer/boulder-tied-to-a-stick/steel chair/uprooted tree. His primary spell load outs are going to be buffs such as enlarge person, bless, bull strength, etc. Please consider my character buffs and knowledges for his combative party role. He'll tell you just what you need to do to kill (insert monster here), then empower you with the strength of the gods so you can do it. He can take punishment well, but shouldn't be considered a damage dealer, except through spells (8 dex, 12 strength). He'll be absolutely willing to step in front of anyone squishy with his coffin-nail-toughness persona, but he is getting on in years.

Lutdhais
July 22nd, 2014, 22:55
As i understand your fighter/barbarian can have a rather low intelligence. 6 or something. you don't need to think. just hit the stuff the old man points at. Perfect :)

kwarner1986
July 22nd, 2014, 23:20
You can scratch Evelyn from Utility. She brings ice, ice, and wait for it, more ice. Cold beverages anyone?

avro5731
July 25th, 2014, 00:42
are we using Flaws?

kwarner1986
July 25th, 2014, 05:49
Here's Evelyn's xml and picture. Don't forget to give out the server info.

Lavaeolus
July 25th, 2014, 06:42
Hi all,

Some bad news. I'm running into the Port Forwarding problem. I've tried quite a few things to get round it so far including checking my firewall. Manually changing my router settings and attempting to connect behind a VPN. Nothing has worked so far so I need to cancel tomorrows session.

On the plus side I'm moving house in a week and hopefully the problem wont follow me. I am going to throw myself on the mercies of the house of healing and as soon as the issue is resolved I'll let you know.

Apologies for screwing up your Friday night gaming.

kwarner1986
July 25th, 2014, 07:05
You're good bro, it would be better to start a little later in the month for me. I've waited 2 months, 1 or 2 more weeks won't kill me. Let us know.

Old Man Trouble
July 25th, 2014, 12:25
No problem. Would you be interested in setting up a forum somewhere for this game? We could do a couple introductory play-by-post messages, maybe get everyone settled down in the Fort, and/or do some introductions of players to one another.

Also, for anyone else's backstory: Between the time 10 and 20 years ago, Victor was roaming the countryside, usually sticking to smaller towns and villages, hunting monsterous threats to humanity/elfmanity/gnomemanity/etc. He would have been a warrior type who joined any local hero types to help defeat the monster. If none was available, he would often help someone with potential become that local hero. This might suggest cowardice on his part, but in his line of work, it's too dangerous to try to go it alone. He preferred to work as part of a team. Though his success rate was high, he did have some failures as well.

Feel free to have met Victor, been saved by him, been part of a village he visited and helped, or be a part of one of his failed missions. If anyone would like more backstory, just let me know. 8)

kwarner1986
July 25th, 2014, 14:58
I do like the idea of the forum to exchange ideas until we do start playing. I don't know if you fit into my backstory, but prehaps you would be a good Xavier to Jean Gray relationship. While my character will be lawful neutral, the ice elemental inside of me is lawful evil. Prehaps a person to save me from myself would be a good reason for you to stick around. Here's my backstory to give you a better idea. Left somethings open for DM to fill in those holes. Always look forward to how they fill them in.

History:
Six Years Old
Since her mother died giving child birth, his daughter Evelyn was everything to him. Edward did everything that a father could do to shelter her daughter from harm, but that didn’t save her from an illness that was killing her. Without a priest in the town to help remove her illness and without the power himself to remove the illness. He traveled to a town in the north that had a priest of Pelor to help save her, but before he could arrive. Evelyn was about to succome to her illness when Edward found an elemental and fused it with Evelyn as a last resort. Edward was successiful in saving her, but the water elemental took control of Evelyn. The elemental killed Edward and wandered away from him. The elemental saved Evelyn from the illness, but at great cost. To this day she thinks her father abandoned her to die in the mountain. The elemental to this day torments her with these thoughts hoping to break down her emotional control to seize control of her body.

Thirteen Years Old:
Evelyn learned that her beauty can create unwelcome attention from men. One morning she was away from the orphanage when a nobleman and his two lackies approached Evelyn. The nobleman forced his way on Evelyn, but she furiously resisted. The entire thing was being watched by a traveling wizard named Marcus and his best friend Vincent. They were on there way to intervene, but the nobleman started making fun of how Evelyn had no parents. Ice shards erupted from the ground impaling and killing the nobleman’s two lackies, and severely injuring the nobleman himself. The nobleman runs away and has the girl arrested, but during her sentencing with the Baron of the town. Marcus and Vincent stood up for Evelyn. Thankfully Marcus was of noble birth and his testimony saved Evelyn life. The baron agreed to let Evelyn go as long as she never returns to this town. The nobleman named Adam swears to make Evelyn pay and disappears from sight. Marcus returns home with Evelyn and Vincent in tow. Evelyn asks why Marcus he saved her. Marcus tells her, “If doing the right thing wasn’t enough, then it’s because I see a lonely child with great power in her. However without my help that power will consume her. I’m going to teach you how to control and understand the power you have in yourself.” Vincent nods in approval and Evelyn becomes fascinated with Vincent’s Heavy Crossbow.

RustyAngel
July 25th, 2014, 21:29
Heres a rough draft of Sai'kes's bio, still working on it so forgive some sloppyness but you get the general idea. Was wondering if Victor wanted to setup some kind of history so that they don't try to get at each others throats when they first meet.

avro5731
July 26th, 2014, 00:56
Since we are off for another week and doing detailed back stories I am looking for opinions! I can play and RP a wide range of stuff (races, classes, teachings, sexes, etc) and I have no overwhelming pull toward anything so which version of a tank is more appealing to you:

1) Improvised weapons guy: looking at either a farmer/ditch digger / gravedigger [thinking shovel for main weapon], redneck slacker, local fishermen [fishing pole and tankard wpns], just the town drunk/begger [tankard / bottles and coin plate/bowl for wpns] This is based on the Trait Rough and Ready (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/traits/equipment-traits/rough-and-ready). Issues is getting good enough AC - thinking Barbie, Monk or Dragon Disciple builds Ex1 (https://www.frontlinegaming.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/human-peasant.jpg), Ex2 (https://fc05.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2013/250/a/8/pathfinder__beetle_by_cavalieredispade-d6lcxca.png), Ex3 (https://www.deviantart.com/art/fishing-competition-117568259)

2) Walk wall of Steel: Heavy Armor guy that carries two shields to throw and bash with. Issue is very feat heavy - shield this, shield that and I don't run, jump or climb Ex1 (https://fc07.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/193/8/a/pathfinder___stein_by_yuikami_da-d56zwr8.jpg) Ex2 (https://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2010/300/b/a/dual_shield_spartan_warrior_by_losthashishin-d31n65o.png) Ex3 (https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http%3A%2F%2Fthumbs.dreamstime.com%2 Fz%2Ffantasy-orc-warrior-shields-d-render-long-33311971.jpg&imgrefurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.dreamstime.com%2Fstock-image-fantasy-orc-warrior-shields-d-render-long-image33311971&h=1204&w=1300&tbnid=BVn6jzJ55RIpvM%3A&zoom=1&docid=LmR1rnvve3paXM&ei=muHSU62QEM2iyATn_oC4CA&tbm=isch&ved=0CCkQMygNMA0&iact=rc&uact=3&dur=5652&page=1&start=0&ndsp=18)

3) Bang, Bang, stab, stab: TWF carrying an Earthbreaker and Kval based on the Thunder and Fang (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/thunder-and-fang-combat) trait. Issue is it will take 2 or more levels of feats to start the build. Ex1 (https://forum.reapermini.com/uploads/monthly_06_2013/post-12296-0-52947200-1371863764.jpg) or Ex2 (https://reapergames.com/graphics/gallery/4/60115_P_1_MJ.jpg)

They all have +'s and -'s and I can build them a couple of different ways pending race and classes I want to build out but for the over all concept which do you feel will match your character best?

I also was wondering if we have any idea what max level will be or if we can use flaws?

Old Man Trouble
July 26th, 2014, 01:23
To kwarner1986: The Victor in my mind is going to try like heck to exorcize whatever is possessing her, out. He's heard of stuff like that before, from ghosts to demons to vile poisons. If she gets her magic from the creature, obviously it would not be to the group's advantage to do so. 8) Perhaps, if you're willing to consider it, she has been forever changed and the loss of the elemental will have no ill effects. It would be somewhat difficult for Victor to just "be ok" with an evil creature possessing someone he travels with and just shrugging it off. He will be using detect evil liberally, along with other divination style abilities. I am assuming at one point, he will be able to tell she is possessed, and it is not benign. He would have no problem helping her through this as long as she is willing to get rid of the creature when she can. If that is not desirable, or possible, I will have to rework Victor some.

To RustyAngel: Victor only hunts evil monsters and demons. There might be initial distrust, but I have absolutely no desire to play a mindless species-ist. If you do well by him, he'll do well by you. He'll probably give you many good talking-to-s about holding back the demonic blood if he catches you doing things verging on evil. Stealing from beggars and the poor for example. Taking something from the rich because we need the money to fight evil is perfectly acceptable!

To avro5731: Idea #1 (my favorite) A gravedigger who is sick and tired of his hard work being undone by necromancers and the walking dead would be verging on priceless. That and being a barbarian would work great with Victor both in character, and through game mechanics. Also, it's not like he CAN'T use other weapons when necessary. Also I really like image 2 for this concept. Idea #2, I don't hate, but I don't like either. Color me indifferent. Idea #3, I haven't really heard of any of the things I'm reading there. You're on your own.

I would guess max level would end up being 9-11 or so with 6 players. I think the 1 paragraph blurb I read about the Emerald Spire module said something like 11-13, but I'm guessing that's for 4 players. But that's entirely up to the GM. I'm worried that there would be a great deal of re-balancing required. Also from my own personal experience in GMing, any fight that's not a roflstomp take for-ever with so many warm (or cold) bodies on the field.

To all: I do want to stress that I'm totally up for working with people's ideas and getting any "I hate you and want to stab you now" off the table before the game even starts. If changing my character is the answer, then that's what we'll do. I don't like inter-party conflicts, and I strive where possible to avoid them. I'm interested in keeping things moving and helping the story unfold.

Lutdhais
July 26th, 2014, 01:54
My Druid is a peaceful and humble companion. He likes nature and balance. He hates unnecessary fighting and hate on species that only act in their nature. he understands hunting and self defense, but will never stand by when a creature is killed just for the fun of it. He doesn't like undead, as they are the antithesis to all that is holy to him.
His trusty companion is a wolverine that is, as the Druid is peaceful, rageful. It attacks enemys without fear of death and with and hate that really shows it extraordinary nature.

Lavaeolus
July 26th, 2014, 04:18
A forum is a great idea - we could do it here or elsewhere - any preferences

Arvo - I love the idea of a grave digger and an unconventional weapon. Given the number of players I don't think a fighter needs to be optimised in order for you guys to survive. I also really love players doing off the wall stuff in combat and reward it quite heavily.

Theoretically Emerald Spire can take you to level 16. IF all 6 are playing each session I am going to have to adjust the difficulty a bit but it shouldnt be a problem. I run combat fast and use a few house policies to keep it moving - no coffee housing, shot clock being the two most important.

Given the enthusiasm people have shown for RP on the forum and in PMs I am planning on beefing up the campaign anyway. The spire will be the thread that links the whole thing together but I will work in plenty of activity out of the dungeon to allow you to have a larger impact on Fort Inevitable and the riverlands.

As an update - I am hopefully speaking to a network specialist (from the house of healing) this afternoon my time to resolve the port forwarding issue.

avro5731
July 26th, 2014, 04:42
I have no idea what no coffee housing or shot clocking meants, sorry.

Lavaeolus
July 26th, 2014, 06:57
Ha sorry.

Coffee housing: Overly discussing play. I like to avoid players talking out of character too much in play. So I encourage my players not to sit around bantering back and forth about who should do what when. If in character you want to shout out during your turn 'I'm wounded' 'take the one on the stairs' or a 'magic missile would be real handy about now' thats fine. Anything too much longer you need to take an action. Its not a hard and fast rule, more something I encourage the group towards but I find it makes combat both much faster and much more interesting.

Shot clock: If people take too long to declare their action on their turn I shot clock them, meaning give a time limit to declare or they miss their action that round. Again its something I ease into over the course of play but I find it really helps keep things moving and also ensures people are paying attention to the game not just waiting for their action.

kwarner1986
July 26th, 2014, 14:14
Well that's unfortunate, my Friday are starting to get tied up and I must drop. Good news is this opens the group up to one more player that might be interested in filling the role. Sorry about this.

Old Man Trouble
July 26th, 2014, 14:48
Sorry to see you go. Victor's scaring off the help already. Someone control that fellow.

On the other hand, 5 should be plenty to start things off with?

Lavaeolus
July 26th, 2014, 15:03
UPDATE:

My port forwarding troubles are half resolved thanks to a heroic effort from Damned. Unfortunately the only solution that works is Hamachi - this limits us to four players.

Damned has posted a sticky on Hamachi here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?20309-GM-Connection-Issues-Tried-Everything-Try-Hamachi

Please let me know if you would be willing to play via Hamachi. So far I've had characters from:

Old Man Trouble
RustyAngel
Arvo
Luthadis

Jack - apologies, I'll let you know if we have a spot.

On the plus side, I'm moving to Hong Kong in 2 weeks. At that point hopefully my problems will be resolved!

Trenloe
July 26th, 2014, 15:39
UPDATE:

My port forwarding troubles are half resolved thanks to a heroic effort from Damned. Unfortunately the only solution that works is Hamachi - this limits us to four players.
That's great that you've managed to get a solution that's going to allow you to play - even if it is a little convoluted. In theory, the GM can run 2 Hamachi network IDs allowing 4 players to connect to each ID which gives up to 8 players at the same time. You just need to give a specific Hamachi network ID IP address to a player to connect and split the players over the 2 networks.

RustyAngel
July 26th, 2014, 19:28
I've got Hamachi set up so that should be no problem, I'm still game as far as that goes.

darrenan
July 26th, 2014, 19:58
coffee housing: sitting around debating as a group what player A should do while in the middle of combat.
shot clock: you have a limited amount of time to tell the GM what you want to do before your turn is skipped.

that about right Lav?

Old Man Trouble
July 26th, 2014, 21:25
Can get Hamachi set up. I used it once upon a time a long time ago.

avro5731
July 26th, 2014, 23:59
Can get Hamachi set up. I used it once upon a time a long time ago.

I have used it a few years ago but will need help setting it up when we start up....

that being said, we lost out arcane person and plenty of tanks... would anyone have issues if I changed to a caster? I wouldn't be the improvised weapon user but I can build a caster with a different skill set pretty fast...

Old Man Trouble
July 27th, 2014, 00:53
A ... gravedigger... shovel wielding... errr... necromancer maybe? Ok, I'm just hooked on the idea of casting enlarge person on a raging gravedigger and watching him make zombie paste with his trusty shovel. But in all seriousness, I try not to care what anyone plays. If you were to go from a fighter type to a caster type, my only concern is that we would have no one with a decent melee attack.

If we do go this route, perhaps I shall alter my spell domains from Strength / Knowledge to Fire / Knowledge? I can certainly see him calling down the fire of the gods to purify the unclean creatures/monsters/undead.

So far as I can remember, we have:

-Druid (primarily caster) with Wolverine pet
-Rogue (melee combatant)
-Cleric (primarily caster)
-Arcane person (primarily caster)

Would it be better if I swapped from cleric over to paladin? I could do that as well. I've always loved playing Paladins, though I'd have to make him more lawful than I had intended.

RustyAngel
July 27th, 2014, 03:07
A ... gravedigger... shovel wielding... errr... necromancer maybe? Ok, I'm just hooked on the idea of casting enlarge person on a raging gravedigger and watching him make zombie paste with his trusty shovel. But in all seriousness, I try not to care what anyone plays. If you were to go from a fighter type to a caster type, my only concern is that we would have no one with a decent melee attack.

If we do go this route, perhaps I shall alter my spell domains from Strength / Knowledge to Fire / Knowledge? I can certainly see him calling down the fire of the gods to purify the unclean creatures/monsters/undead.

So far as I can remember, we have:

-Druid (primarily caster) with Wolverine pet
-Rogue (melee combatant)
-Cleric (primarily caster)
-Arcane person (primarily caster)

Would it be better if I swapped from cleric over to paladin? I could do that as well. I've always loved playing Paladins, though I'd have to make him more lawful than I had intended.

I could also switch to something more meat-shieldy, even tho it means giving up trap monkeyness.

avro5731
July 27th, 2014, 06:01
thought we had another tank--- my bad... staying with grave digger just adjusting the build to make him cooler....

Lavaeolus
July 27th, 2014, 14:01
I don't know how the grave digger could get any cooler!

I am open for a game this Friday at 8 EST. Before then would love to get in a session or two pre-game. I can do Monday night or Wednesday night.

As a group - do you all want to know each other ahead of the campaign or do you want to be thrown together by fate (me).

Old Man Trouble
July 27th, 2014, 14:10
I am open to Victor knowing anyone that he may have met in his travels. He got around a lot in his younger days. I would not call him famous, but anyone who's had to deal with an attack on their village, or their person, may have encountered him. Or maybe he just met someone while walking through their town/woods/underground-cave-system.

Lavaeolus
July 27th, 2014, 14:57
Are any of you from the River Kingdoms?

RustyAngel
July 27th, 2014, 19:17
I am open to Victor knowing anyone that he may have met in his travels. He got around a lot in his younger days. I would not call him famous, but anyone who's had to deal with an attack on their village, or their person, may have encountered him. Or maybe he just met someone while walking through their town/woods/underground-cave-system.

I was actually thinking of a story on Victor and Sai'kes. Can you PM with details (physical description/attitude) and i'll run it by you before I post it :).

As for pre-gaming I'm available on Wednesday, I'm part of another game that runs Monday nights.

Old Man Trouble
July 27th, 2014, 19:21
To RustyAngel: Sure, throw it my way.

To Lavaeolus: I can be from anywhere if it benifits the group, or helps with the story. Victor also could have visited those lands as well. (River Kingdoms)

avro5731
July 27th, 2014, 21:01
Im in a group that starts 8:30p est on wed so if we meet early or really late after 12:30 est I can make it. Mondays I free.

Lavaeolus you in box appreals to be full so I am posting here.....

I have a question:
Can we talk flaws to get more feats? https://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/buildingCharacters/characterFlaws.htm (Flaws)

Also what weapon model will my shovel and tankard be? Was thinking the shovel will be Piercing(shovel tip) and Bludgeoning(shovel blade) with a trip or disarm ability(the back end where you push down on the shovel with your foot). The only weapon I see like that is a Heavy Flail (the only 2hd wpn) but the heavy flail is 1d10 19/20x2 most Improvised Weapons for 2h are 1d8 20/x2. The mug I presume will be just like a club 1d6 20x2 what most 1h Improvised Weapons are.

RustyAngel
July 28th, 2014, 02:11
Here goes, a little backstory between Victor and Sai'kes.

Lavaeolus
July 28th, 2014, 04:53
I'm fine with your thinking on the shovel.

As for flaws - post the pairing of feat and flaw so I can ok it. Generally I'm happy as long as its about building out the character rather than over powering the character.

Lets do something on Wednesday - I'm thinking an encounter in the river kingdoms. Perhaps the home of OldMan and Arvo...

Old Man Trouble
July 29th, 2014, 00:24
I may be able to do something short Wed. Victor is already with Sai'kes, though, for the road to the Fort. Please see Rusty's story (and it's a good one!) above. I could always do something chronologically before that, so long as I can part ways to visit a village on the way. An old friend needs my help with something.

RustyAngel
July 29th, 2014, 00:40
I'm down for doing something on Wednesday, what time were you thinking?

Lavaeolus
July 29th, 2014, 11:10
Shall we say 8:30 on Wednesday (EST)

Lavaeolus
July 29th, 2014, 15:36
Also @ Rusty, I loved the background story!

RustyAngel
July 29th, 2014, 18:14
Also @ Rusty, I loved the background story!

Thanks, I'm only now tearing my hair out over some of the mistakes >.< It's what I get for writing it so quickly. And I hoping after all this work my character doesn't die in the first encounter XD. If she does oh well, I have more head peoples and back stories i can bring in.

I'll be there Wednesday for the pre-game.

Old Man Trouble
July 29th, 2014, 18:47
Hey, you can always edit it after the fact.

I should be able to attend for 1.5 hours or so. I'm generally asleep by 10:30 on the week days though. 6 am comes early.

avro5731
July 29th, 2014, 19:19
Speaking of Pre game:

Im in a group that starts 8:30p est on wed so if we meet early or really late after 12:30 est I can make it. Mondays I free.

I'm guessing you guys missed this...

Anyway, as I am playing a middle aged human grave digger who drinks to get through his work I was going to take the following:
Flaws (how drinking has hurt him):
Inattentive - You are particularly unaware of your surroundings.
Effect: You take a -4 penalty on Perception checks.
Shaky - You are relatively poor at ranged combat.
Effect: You take a -2 penalty on all ranged attack rolls.
Unreactive - You are slow to react to danger.
Effect: You take a -6 penalty on initiative checks.

Feats(ways of dealing with is issues):
Fast Crawl - You are skilled at moving while prone.
Benefit: While prone, you can move at half speed. This movement provokes attacks of opportunity as normal. You can take a 5-foot step while crawling. This benefit does not stack with the rogue crawl talent.
Normal: You can crawl 5 feet as a move action. You cannot take a 5-foot step while crawling.
Additional Traits - You have more traits than normal.
Benefit: You gain two character traits of your choice.
Traits:
Accelerated Drinker - You know how to drink a potion efficiently, such as by not using your hands, tossing it in the air and catching it in your mouth, or opening it with your teeth.
Benefit: You may drink a potion as a move action instead of a standard action as long as you start your turn with the potion in your hand.
Rough and Ready - Your intense familiarity with the tools of your trade allows you to use them in combat as if they were actual weapons and makes them more effective for that purpose than they would normally be.
Benefit: When you use a tool of your trade (requiring at least 1 rank in the appropriate Craft or Profession skill) as a weapon, you do not take the improvised weapon penalty and instead receive a +1 trait bonus on your attack. This trait is commonly used with shovels, picks, blacksmith hammers, and other sturdy tools — lutes and brooms make terribly fragile weapons.
Combat Reflexes - You can make additional attacks of opportunity.
Benefit: You may make a number of additional attacks of opportunity per round equal to your Dexterity bonus. With this feat, you may also make attacks of opportunity while flat-footed.

Old Man Trouble
July 29th, 2014, 22:24
I'd just like to chime in a moment with a couple of points. 3 disadvantages seems pretty hefty. -6 to initiative is exceptionally bad for the guy we really want standing in front of (or next to) us. Combined with combat reflexes makes me extra uncomfortable since theoretically, you'd be using all those extra attacks of opportunity on trying to stop people from getting past you to the rest of us. Unless you happen to be standing in front of us before combat even starts. Correct me if I'm wrong there and you had a different idea in mind.

I do like the character concept. I just don't want you to end up with some really significant combat problems that you may regret later.

avro5731
July 29th, 2014, 22:52
I'm building him out to lvl 16 with a number of different routes to see whats the best. I'm trying to use the lower turn order and higher AOOs as a build base. They hardest issues I am having is getting a good balance between attack and AC... I have gotten the AC (with no armor) pretty high but I lose bab and # of attacks or just the opposite.

My back story will also reflect the build type or I would have posted by now.

Lavaeolus
July 30th, 2014, 13:45
I'll do something following the story we already have to hook the three of you up.

Arvo - I might put you somewhere unpleasant to get started, please dont take it personally ;)

We'll meet on the community team speak.

avro5731
July 31st, 2014, 02:04
Sorry I have been busy and normally I have a page or two for back story but this is all I have:

Draugar is a middle aged, Kellid, human from Tolguth of the Realm of the Mammoth Lords near the Worldwound. 35 years ago he moved his family (Wife and twin daughters) far away from the harsh frozen north, roaming bands of raiders and the evil pouring out of the Worldwound.

Over the years all was going great for them as they built a new home and life in peace, that is until his own kinsmen, the Kellid raiders, came through the countryside. Draugar was off hunting when the raiders torched his home, killing his family. A great remorse came over him.

He would rise early and spend from day break to day end offering songs over tankards of ale and wine to have Cayden Cailean free him for his hurt. Draugar spent so much time in the cemetery that the priests felt maybe it would help if he had something else to do and offered him a job digging. The longer he worked there the grumpier he would get and the more the didn't like being around others. Eventually Draugar would work all night then drink and fight until he passed out during the day.

Years have now blurred on and Draugar is remembering his beautiful wife and girls. They would not have wanted him to stay like this (and about 95% of the town agrees he should move on or stop fighting) so he decides to follow a group of adventurers who look like they could kill a few things or at least need someone to dig their graves when they die.

avro5731
July 31st, 2014, 03:48
saw you guys but didnt see any one talking --- how did it go?

Lavaeolus
July 31st, 2014, 04:32
quick summary:
the party encamped in a nearby forest, they encountered a band of incompetent bandits - dismembered them and liberated a wizard they were holding prisoner. Having nursed the wizard back to health they have agreed to escort him to fort inevitable.

It was a little bit (a lot) improvised on my part but we now have a reason for them to be on their way to the fort. You can encounter them at any point on the road or join them at the fort.

Lavaeolus
July 31st, 2014, 04:34
@arvo - great backstory by the way, really gels well with your feats and flaws.

Lavaeolus
August 1st, 2014, 00:25
Game on Friday - does 7:30pm EST to 9:30 pm work for everyone?

Old Man Trouble
August 1st, 2014, 01:22
It does. 2 hours, in my experience, will barely get our toes wet. No problem, though.

Lavaeolus
August 1st, 2014, 01:58
Agreed - two motivations

1) Tomorrow will be more story and prep focused before you get into the dungeon proper, I want to be able to devote an entire session to the dungeon itself
2) I'm flying tomorrow night so want to take some time with my family before I go

Don't worry though I have some fun encounters planned, especially after you and rusty so quickly dispatched the outlaws in the forest...

avro5731
August 1st, 2014, 05:53
7:30 works for me as long as you get family time!

Old Man Trouble
August 1st, 2014, 11:14
Sure, that sounds like a plan. Pretend we had a hard time with that fight, though. We did get some lucky damage rolls. (I rolled max once, on a lucky hit and so did Rusty!) Next encounter we'll probably all miss 5 times in a row. 8)

Lavaeolus
August 1st, 2014, 14:50
Lets see. We can meet on the community teamspeak channel again.

RustyAngel
August 1st, 2014, 19:11
Thanks for jinxing it for us, I'm now rolling up another character.

Sure, that sounds like a plan. Pretend we had a hard time with that fight, though. We did get some lucky damage rolls. (I rolled max once, on a lucky hit and so did Rusty!) Next encounter we'll probably all miss 5 times in a row. 8)

Old Man Trouble
August 1st, 2014, 21:24
Hey, we were jinxed as soon as the number 1 showed up next to the box labeled Level. As soon as we can kick that stupid number into changing, we'll break the curse.

RustyAngel
August 2nd, 2014, 21:40
No kidding. Reminds me of the GM I used to play with before coming to FG. He always started us off around at level 4, as he considered level 1 to be cruel and unusual punishment.

Hey, we were jinxed as soon as the number 1 showed up next to the box labeled Level. As soon as we can kick that stupid number into changing, we'll break the curse.

Old Man Trouble
August 2nd, 2014, 22:40
I'm always torn between wanting to start characters at level 3, and liking the character evolution that happens over the first three levels. I have definitely gone a different path with characters after playing them through the lowest levels than I would have gone with had I just started at level 3. It's one of those phases in life you just have to suffer through.

avro5731
August 7th, 2014, 17:45
hey guys - wife is graduating from nursing school sat morning and its a few counties over so I 'm going to be late depending on if we go out... just an fyi.

RustyAngel
August 7th, 2014, 18:00
I don't even know if we are on for this week. Lavaeolus seems to have vanished, I'm hoping it's nothing serious and just assuming something screwed up with his move. Hopefully we'll hear from him soon. And congratulations to your wife :3

Old Man Trouble
August 7th, 2014, 22:20
I'm sure we'll spend the first half of the game breaking you out of jail... Or whatever it is they do to you for throwing a punch at the black knights.

Lavaeolus
August 7th, 2014, 22:57
Hey - sorry for the vanishing. Work have had me jumping around all over the place. I was hoping to run a game this week and next week however it looks like they want me to fly to Europe and I dont know if I'll be able to get the connection working so I'd rather wait until I'm in my new place at the end of the month.

In the meantime if you want we could do some forum roleplay - let me know and I'll post.

RustyAngel
August 7th, 2014, 23:14
Yay! you live! Good to know your still okay.

krag
August 8th, 2014, 01:47
Friday at 7PM would be beneficial to me this month, but as a student in a 24/7 college with new classes every month (That's Full Sail University for you...) I can't guarantee next month's schedule will be as lenient. If you are okay with that, I'd be willing to play as long as I am able.

That is, if you need another player. I see you guys are pretty full up otherwise.

Old Man Trouble
August 8th, 2014, 22:18
It looks like we are not on for tonight, nor next Friday night. I'd just like to confirm that so I'm not missing in action.

RustyAngel
August 9th, 2014, 02:14
Well I'm kind glad tonight was cancelled, got roped into a last min. family dinner thing. However I think next week is still up in the air.

Lavaeolus
August 10th, 2014, 13:16
As night falls the contingent of Hell Knights escorts you and three of your assailants away from the Inn and North along a well maintained road towards the Echo Woods. The path is illuminated by covered lanterns held on lance tips by outriders. In the dim light you can make out few details about your escort beyond the fact that they are well equipped with plate, lances and wickedly sharp blades.
They set a birsk pace which forces you to jog periodically in order to keep up but are not unmerciful. When they notice the mage struggling one knight dismounts and leads the injured wizard atop his horse.
The knights are careful to keep you separate from the bandits, with two knights on foot forming a moving human wall between you. Furtive glances over your shoulder reveal that the bandits are downcast, looking mournfully back at the tavern and furtively at the tree line.

If anyone passes a dc 15 perception check let me know. Otherwise, post below any actions (if any) you'd like to take.

avro5731
August 10th, 2014, 19:54
Huffing and puffing (and moaning) with each step Draugar shouts "heeey! where are we goin' This here cleric forgot to pay for my drinnnkkssssss!" (barf) Then as the knight gets off his horse Draugar steps forward "whhyy THANK yoou, young man it's good to see you respect your eldersss!" Attempting to mount the horse he looses his footing and falls on his butt! "GET BACK IN LINE" shouts a hell knight as Draugar sits there dazed. The Hell Knight prods Draugar, with some force and his plate boot, to crawl back to the others and knights form there line. Glancing around Draugar (rolls a 9) isn't sure what he is aware of.

RustyAngel
August 10th, 2014, 23:23
Funny thing is I was actually working on another story to pass the time. I was stuck at a certain point and wondering where to go from there.

Old Man Trouble
August 11th, 2014, 03:20
Victor trudges along, easily keeping up even with his game leg. It seems he takes twice the steps as everyone else just to make the same process, but he never stops. Never have, never will. His interest in the bandits seems to have passed, and he spares them not a thought. Finally, he lets out a bit of a sigh. "Look," he says, addressing the tiefling, "They were just happy to see you because you something to keep them entertained. Not wearing much probably helped too. But they'd have rolled you for your coin while you were sleeping it off and thought nothing of it." After a few more trudging steps, he adds: "Sorry about the bandits though. But you just can't back down to evil, 'cause evil won't stop coming. And those men had evil in their hearts. It don't matter why they did what they did. I'm sure they had some sob story about being poor or their ma hit 'em when they were kids. They chose what they did and they got what they deserved."

His eyes wander over to the stumbling drunk, wondering what choices he's made and if he really can be trusted. What's this man like when he's sober? There's something to be said when the most trustworthy soul around looks like a half-demon, but such is the way when you carry a light into the darkness. He turns to stare at the darkness ahead and trudges on.

RustyAngel
August 11th, 2014, 04:03
Rolls her eyes and flicks her tail, kipping up some mud. "oh please.. I grew up in places like that, you honestly think I couldn't have handled myself?" she chuffs, "I was more at home there then out here." Her gaze wanders around, keeping her eyes on the shadows and the trees. "Cant wait to be back to civilization."

Old Man Trouble
August 15th, 2014, 01:03
Step after step, the group moves along. Victor finally speaks up again. "Well, you both have stories. There's a long road ahead and other than stumble through the dark, there's not much to do. We could pass the time in silence, but it seems our friends here won't beat us too severely if we talk amongst ourselves." With a one-shoulder shrug, he states, "I ain't gonna get all touchy feely, but it's clear we all got problems. I gotta bad case of 'can't let things lie, even if it kills me'." With a nod to the gravedigger, he goes on, "You got an obvious problem with not having enough to drink. Ever." Then to the crimson lady at his side. "People want to set you on fire. Ok, fair enough, people want to set me on fire too, but usually it's just the bad guys and not what we call normal folk."

"Now when we get to town, and these fine soldiering types let us go, what're we going to do with ourselves? I heard of trouble down the Crusader's Road, so I thought I'd get myself off to the Fort and see what I could do about it. Now normally when I get to town, I put all kinds of notices up and try and get some like minded folk together to deal with what ever's troubling them. It occurs to me that I might not have to do that this time around." And with that, the old preacher trails off to let someone else fill the silence of the march.

avro5731
August 15th, 2014, 01:27
Gruffly Draugar snarls "You don't need to say a thing about my drinking... unless you're buying! I know those folks back at the bar won't be shedding a tear if I don't come back and I left nothing behind I wish to remember. So Crusader's Road huh?!? Sound stupid but no more stupid than anywhere else and maybe I can make more burying the Crusaders than the farmers!"

avro5731
August 15th, 2014, 23:47
soooooooooo I take it no game today.... o well

Old Man Trouble
August 16th, 2014, 00:12
I think our GM is stuck in a world with no Internet access. I do expect we shall be playing next week though. Please let me know.

Lavaeolus
August 18th, 2014, 14:39
YES - back in the land of internet and spare time. Apologies I thought I'd be able to get online whilst travelling but it didnt work out beyond the one post. Can run a game this Friday night if you are all still here and will reply to the in thread stuff.

AGAIN really really really sorry I disappeared, everything good now from my end though.

Old Man Trouble
August 18th, 2014, 16:46
Still here. o/

And all set for Fri.

avro5731
August 18th, 2014, 18:50
here....

RustyAngel
August 18th, 2014, 20:24
here and ready

Lavaeolus
August 19th, 2014, 14:45
You are marched through the night and into the dawn. As night wanes your hangovers arrive with a vengeance and it is with bleary eyes, ringing heads and aching legs that you greet the dawn. By mid morning the road is bracketed by rolling farmland worked by gangs of chained farmhands with whip worn backs and hopeless stares. Gang masters on horseback canter over as you pass, exchanging pleasantries with the knights and casting appraising looks over each of you. In time the farm land gives way to small holdings and workshops permanently in the shadow of the walls of Fort Inevitable.

Lavaeolus
August 19th, 2014, 14:46
@rusty btw really liked the wineskin as a gag joke.

Lavaeolus
August 21st, 2014, 14:22
We will go 6:30 to 10ish EST on Friday. Usual Hamachi plus community teamspeak

Old Man Trouble
August 21st, 2014, 15:07
Sounds good. Did we have a fourth or are we sticking with three? I may ask a friend if he would like to join us if we are short. No guarantee he'd be able to, but I'd like to know if we're full before asking.

RustyAngel
August 22nd, 2014, 18:06
Just a heads up I have a family dinner thing to attend for a family birthday so I may be running a tad late.

Lavaeolus
August 22nd, 2014, 23:29
Delayed 10 or 15 minutes, just getting another computer on the wifi

Lavaeolus
August 23rd, 2014, 00:02
FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUK

My wife has managed to use up all the static accounts in our service appartment - they promised to reset last night but unfortunately it has not happened so I cant get my personal frigging laptop online. Desperately trying to download teamspeak but connection slowed to a crawl.

It looks like this is yet another washout. I'm personally disgusted with myself for wasting your time and am now going to crawl into a corner and beat myself with a bag of mixed dice.

Old Man Trouble
August 23rd, 2014, 00:06
But we're all here. In a chat room. Waiting. There's great food here and plenty to drink! You should join us.

Old Man Trouble
August 23rd, 2014, 00:46
So no go then? Let us know.

Lavaeolus
August 23rd, 2014, 15:27
Please PM me with your Paizo.com id so I can message you on their site and get a forum going

Lavaeolus
August 29th, 2014, 01:32
Hey all,

Just did a quick test trying to run FG from my service apartment and it worked once and failed twice.

If everyone really wants to get a game in tomorrow, I am happy to try and run one from 6. However I really want to avoid wasting everyone's Friday night so my recommendation is we put it on hold. Next week I move into my actual apartment - which has proper broadband. So should be able to run easily.

Let me know your thoughts.

Old Man Trouble
August 29th, 2014, 01:42
I'd like to give it a shot. If we're not up and running in half an hour, I'd say we not wait past that. It's up to everyone though.

RustyAngel
August 29th, 2014, 03:31
I'm down for giving it another shot, best case we get a session in, worst case we wait another week.

avro5731
August 29th, 2014, 04:41
cant hurt to give it a shot.

Lavaeolus
August 29th, 2014, 14:26
Just tried a test, it connects disconnects, connects, disconnects. I think that the service apartment reassigns my ip every 15 minutes or so. Friday night is a no go, dont want to waste everyones time. Will be out of here soon so first Friday of sept is on.

Old Man Trouble
September 4th, 2014, 22:48
Game on for tomorrow? Is everything all set?

RustyAngel
September 4th, 2014, 22:58
Game on for tomorrow? Is everything all set?

hoping so.

Lavaeolus
September 5th, 2014, 03:09
I tried a test and it worked so lets give it a shot.

6:30 start and aim for 3 or 4 hours depending on where we reach in the plot... I can go longer but recognise there is probably an upper limit on how long you want to stay up!

Lavaeolus
September 7th, 2014, 11:11
Hey all - glad we were able to get back together. Really enjoyed the session and the curve balls you managed to throw me.

On the XP, Yes the group has progressed to level 2.

avro5731
September 10th, 2014, 02:55
Sorry to say I won't able to play for the time being. I got a new job and its out of state so no PC for a while.

Lavaeolus
September 10th, 2014, 14:25
Hey all - no game this Friday but as a group please decide whether you are planning on going back in, or heading back to town so I can plan accordingly for next Friday.

@arvo - is this an indefinite leave or do you think you will be able to rejoin. If so I can work your absence into the storyline without a problem and as long as you don't mind missing some of the dungeon we can reintegrate you later on whilst giving you opportunity to level etc. I havent done much forum play or play by email but if your game I'm happy to try and make something work for your character.

avro5731
September 10th, 2014, 19:05
All I know for now its out will be out of touch for a while. It could be any where from a month to 5 months. It would be best for the group to fill my spot.

Old Man Trouble
September 11th, 2014, 00:55
Well that's a shame. We shall have to soldier on without you. Perhaps in the interim we could find another local lad who'd like to get out of the big city for a day.

So far as our plans go, I would guess that we should continue onwards after resting for the night. For one, our guards are dead. For another, I don't think we have sufficient proof for the ruler of the town.

RustyAngel
September 11th, 2014, 01:28
we have a bucket of goblin heads and guards who were killed and had their armor stolen. I don't think increasing the number of heads in the bucket will change much, unless you're thinking of tracking down the bandits.

thorun09
September 12th, 2014, 02:44
What day to you guys game?

RustyAngel
September 12th, 2014, 20:34
What day to you guys game?

We usually meet Friday, around 7ishPM EST as our GM is in China (so its like 7am there). Also we've missed a couple weeks (like we are missing this one) namely due to the changes in the GM's work.

Lavaeolus
September 15th, 2014, 00:41
Working on recruiting some replacements. For now - have you reached a consensus as to whether you will go back in or make your way back to town. Hate to push for this out of session but it will dictate quite a lot about what I prep for the next session...

Old Man Trouble
September 15th, 2014, 13:06
Sorry about not giving a more firm answer last time. I think it may be best to return to town if our Gravedigger has developed a bad case of gravedigger's lung (insert other illness here). We can also take the opportunity to pick up any new additions to our merry band.

RustyAngel
September 15th, 2014, 20:34
Yeah, also up for returning to town.

Lavaeolus
September 17th, 2014, 10:38
OK - I've got two potential new players and if you are going to return to town I want to do something a little more interesting than simply you travel for x days in order to incorporate the new pcs. I also want to make sure we get players and characters that balance the party not just bodies available for the next session.

Lets postpone this week and have a monster session - 6 to 10 or 11 the following week bringing in the new players recruited.

Rusty if you have time in the intervening period it would be great to do the walk through of the system.

Old Man Trouble
September 17th, 2014, 15:04
I am also interested in additional members that would get along with the characters we have. I don't think that would be hard, but we are rather a strange bunch.

Also, I'm available some nights to help with the FG mechanics side of things. Just let me know.

RustyAngel
September 20th, 2014, 17:17
Rusty if you have time in the intervening period it would be great to do the walk through of the system.

Sure thing, shoot me an IM with what time(s) would be good for you and we'll work something out.

Lavaeolus
September 23rd, 2014, 13:49
Are people free this Friday from 7 to 10 or 10:30.

Still recruiting players.

I think its safe for the three of you to go back into the ruins as a trio and to be honest it makes more sense than simply having an extra PC or two stumble upon you in the woods and decide that yes they would like to adventure into the ominous ruins with the demon old man and shifty lad holding a bucket of heads over the mutilated bodies of four knights... ;)

If you still want to return to town I can run that session with just the three of you too.

In the meantime - what three things should I master in terms of mechanics before our next session. Are there modules you want uploaded etc...

Old Man Trouble
September 23rd, 2014, 22:25
Just in case anyone is interested, Victor could certainly have another child. And who wouldn't want to be part of the best monster hunting family in the known world? Her for example: https://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/e7/f7/39/e7f739846d038c69903cedf47e4ffec8.jpg

Here's how the scene could go if she found dear old father and brother, in the woods, with a demoness, with dead soliders, holding a bucket full of goblin heads.

Daughter: Ok, what did you do this time?
Old man: It wasn't my fault.
Son: It was totally his fault.
Old man: I'm innocent I tell you.
Daughter: Uh-huh... So what's with the goblin heads? You don't normally save them.

As far as the other half goes, I'm available on Friday. I'm perfectly willing to go into the ruins again, or to head back to town briefly. Which ever would make for a better story. Victor would be inclined to finish the job we came here to do. He ain't no coward, running from the first sign of trouble (or third or fourth). Unfortunately our mission of "Stop the bandits" is rather open ended. I also believe we've got some missing apprentices (or parts of missing apprentices) to find. My main reason for going back to town would be to pick up some more muscle since our gravedigger is having second thoughts about this whole adventuring lifestyle thing.

Lavaeolus
September 25th, 2014, 01:37
Victor seems to have been a little prolific. I have visions of an army of mini victors being raised across Golarion keeping the nurseries of the innocent safe from the predations of the unholy and undead.

Lavaeolus
September 25th, 2014, 15:31
Hey all some bad news,

I'm packing to head out on my next trip. Was planning to run on Saturday my time from Singapore however I've discovered that my laptop power brick has gone missing. I'm going to be traveling for the next month so frankly I think this is the last nail in the coffin for this campaign.

Its clear that my schedule and IT connectivity are simply not stable enough for me to make claims on your Friday nights.

I've really enjoyed the sessions we've had but I'm also aware that your game time is valuable and at this point I'm wasting it.

When things calm down a bit, I'll try and run some one shots and perhaps once my job settles and my living arrangement is more stable I'll be able to start running a campaign again. In the meantime good luck on your adventures and apologies once again.

Post Script - if you decide to join another emerald spire play through you shouldnt worry too much about spoilers. Pretty much everything that happened outside of the dungeon was non-canon so you havent had any real spoilers.

Old Man Trouble
September 25th, 2014, 22:30
Well, that is a shame. 8( Best of luck to you on your travels though.