PDA

View Full Version : Downloaded and installed an Adventure, but there is no sign of it.

Ian Finn
July 19th, 2014, 16:28
Hi, I'm an FG noob, still learning how everything works. Yesterday I purchased an adventure from the store ("Daring Tales of the Space Lanes #1") as well the DTSL Pulp Rules (free), both for Savage Worlds. Both appeared to download and install correctly, at least I didn't see any error messages. When I launch FG though I see no sign of either product. Nothing in the Library, no tokens, etc. I looked over the FG folder structure to see if the installation had created anything related to Daring Tales of the Space Lanes, but there is nothing there.

When I originally purchased the Savage Worlds extension I also picked up the free Eye of Kilquato adventure and that installed fine; I even see a .mod file for it in the module folder. No sign of Daring Tales though.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

ddavison
July 19th, 2014, 16:37
You most likely need to activate them in the Module Activation window first and then they should show up in the Library and in the Story section as a new bookmark/tab.

Ian Finn
July 19th, 2014, 16:38
They don't show up in the module activation window.

ddavison
July 19th, 2014, 16:46
In that case, it may be that these installers are not properly reading your install location and are instead sending it to the default install location. Can you look in C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Roaming\Fantasy Grounds II?

Ian Finn
July 19th, 2014, 17:12
Yes! Found 'em! The two files are indeed in C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Roaming\Fantasy Grounds II, which is not the setting for my data directory (I changed the data directory location to a more accessible location, as recommended by some guy in a tutorial video). I moved the files to the proper place and I see them in the Module Activation window now. Something I'll have to remember when I buy modules I guess.

Thanks!