PDA

View Full Version : Beta release v3.0.7

Moon Wizard
July 19th, 2014, 09:00
Note: As always, please make a backup of your FG data folder before updating and opening campaigns with a test release.

This release focuses primarily on getting the 5E ruleset up to the latest Basic Rules and Starter Set Rules released.

Remember, this is a beta release, which means that all the features should be in place. However, there may be issues (hopefully minor).

Please see the sticky thread on public testing if you want to be involved. The Test mode slot (available via the FG Settings dialog) contain this version right now.

We're a small company so we rely on our community to help sound out each new release. Thanks in advance to all those who pitch in.

Thanks,
JPG

Moon Wizard
July 19th, 2014, 09:00
For developers, there were a few minor changes to the following objects in CoreRPG:

global scripts (ActionsManager)
window classes (ability, advlogentry, battle, item, npc, table)

Cheers,
JPG

El Condoro
July 19th, 2014, 11:26
On first look - fantastic. Thanks for all the time and effort that goes into this. Looking forward to the PAR5E now, too. Cheers

Where would you like errors or issues logged? I have found a minor one when clicking on the Traits, Proficiencies et al headings. Irealise the edit option should be enabled but these came up when not in edit mode.

Script Error: [string "traitstitle"]:1: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)
Script Error: [string "featurestitle"]:1: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)
Script Error: [string "featstitle"]:1: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)
Script Error: [string "proficienciestitle"]:1: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)
Script Error: [string "languagestitle"]:1: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)

Moon Wizard
July 19th, 2014, 18:34
I'll be checking multiple locations on forum, so just use this thread, post in 5E thread or create a new one. I usually try to keep beta chatter to the Laboratory forum, so as not to confuse people on Release version.

Thanks for report.

Cheers,
JPG

Moon Wizard
July 19th, 2014, 19:02
Updates

[5E] Extra crit die added to PC critical damage rolls unless weapon meta details opened and closed. Fixed.
[5E] Script error when clicking on group headers in PC Abilities tab. Fixed.

JPG

kalannar
July 19th, 2014, 20:14
Question shouldn't the long rest uncheck spent spell slots for the characters? Also by the rules a long rest should only give back half spent hit dice. Right now it gives all hit dice back.

Also notice that when a creature takes damage it is resistant to, it seems to be rounding up instead of down. I attacked a skeleton with piercing damage doing 9 points. It applied 5 to its wounds instead of 4.

El Condoro
July 19th, 2014, 22:35
The encumbrance calculations do not seem to fit either the rules or the rules variant on p. 60 of the Basic Rules. If a PC has a Str 10 (the default for a new sheet in FG3) it should be capacity: 150, push, drag, lift: 300. The variant would have encumbered: 50; heavily encumbered: 100. Not sure how the two will be incorporated (encumbrance is not a high priority, I expect)

El Condoro
July 20th, 2014, 00:09
Question shouldn't the long rest uncheck spent spell slots for the characters? Also by the rules a long rest should only give back half spent hit dice. Right now it gives all hit dice back.

Also Death Save checks are not being cleared by rests.

Moon Wizard
July 20th, 2014, 00:43
Updates

[5E] Updated to latest encumbrance calculations.
[5E] Added checkbox at top of character sheet to track inspiration.
[5E] Toned down brightness of ability score labels and modifiers.
[5E] PC long rest was restoring all hit dice. Now only restore up to half total hit dice (starting with largest die first).
[5E] PC long rest was not clearing death save counts. Fixed.
[5E] Damage resistance was rounding up, instead of rounding down. Fixed.
[CoreRPG] Script error when using link in upper left of PC ability record. Fixed.

JPG

El Condoro
July 20th, 2014, 03:23
Updates

[5E] Updated to latest encumbrance calculations.

JPG

They all are except the lift, pull, drag - it should be twice capacity or 30 x Str.

dr_venture
July 20th, 2014, 04:55
Moon, did you see the bug I reported in the 3.0.6 thread, regarding tokens in C&C not auto-sizing correctly?

Moon Wizard
July 20th, 2014, 17:25
Thanks , I did. I put it on my list to look at.

JPG

kalannar
July 20th, 2014, 21:40
I think i found another bug, the effects GRANTDISATK doesn't seem to work for ranged. Which is why prone effect is not working correctly either. It works for melee though. Not sure if GRANTADVATK is broke too, haven't tested it. Going to play a game tonight, will test the rule set and report any issues I see. Thank you moon wizard for all the hard work that went into this rule set. It is amazing so far.

vodokar
July 21st, 2014, 00:29
Hey, Moon Wizard.

Wanted to first start out by saying how much we all appreciate your hard work now and over the years. As our community is a relatively small one, I know how much you rely upon our feedback to find bugs and direct changes, so I spent several hours today thoroughly testing out the test version 3.07. This is what I found:

New stuff that is working great:

Critical damage rolling automatically and with proper dice e.g. rogue with sneak attack rolled 6 dice properly with simple drag and drop from the character sheet directly after scoring a nat 20, fighter with greataxe correctly rolled 4 dice and 2 dice with longsword directly after rolling improved critical with nat 19 etc. All great!

NPC skills, immunities, resistances all working great. autoadd of the immunities and resistances to combat tracker and functioned properly. Wonderful.

Test of recharge of green dragon's breath weapon. Works. Awesome!

Everything else that I could think to test, except for the below, either now working properly or still working properly.

Now that I've built you up, unfortunately, I have to tear ya down some. Sorry.

Things that got broken from 3.0.6 to 3.0.7 that haven't previously been mentioned:

Spells and Abilities:

Abilities - can not set abilities such as Action Surge and Second Wind to have a check box (check circle?) so that you can mark them off as you use them and have them disappear from the list when in combat mode. Tried every combination of things I could think of, but unable to make the check box appear. Preparation mode does nothing. Use per enc/per day under magnifying glass for abilities does nothing. Functionality which was previously working under 3.0.6 has simply vanished.

Along the same lines, no way to set up Channel Divinity powers for the cleric and check them off when used and have them all disappear when you used one of them i.e. multiple choices but one use per day for the category (and I presume ability to have more than one use per day at higher levels like they did in 4e). Functionality which was previously working under 3.0.6 has simply vanished.

Spell preparation: Simplifying how spells worked by collapsing into one interface of spell slots to control the use of all the different spell levels was a good idea and is working with the following exception:

Once you have selected spells in preparation mode for each spell level and change to combat mode, coming back to preparation mode does not re-display the spells that were un-selected (unprepared) so that you can switch your spells prepared. They get stuck and don't reappear, thus leaving you stuck with no way to change your prepared spell list. Functionality which was previously working under 3.0.6 has simply vanished.

Additionally, there is one aspect of spell/abilities that I don't think has been addressed at all. Magic Item spells e.g. the Staff of Defense that my wizard just picked up in The Mines of Phandevin has no way to track charges or use of it's spell slots for Mage Armor and Shield spells. In 3.0.6, I was able to add a new category, Staff of Defense and set it to have 10 uses with check boxes that could be marked off. Under 3.0.7, regardless of whether you input it as a separate category or as Spell or Ability, there is no way to set up this same functionality. Likely this will work again if ability check boxes can be fixed. However, addition of a 3rd official category for Magic Rods/Wands/Staffs would likely be a good idea.

This is all I can think of right now. I'll let you know if I see anything else.

Cheers!

vodokar
July 21st, 2014, 03:50
Found something new and also something strange.

New: Tested with set up of 3rd level wizard having 4 1st level spell slots and 2 2nd level spell slots. Previously had tested functionality in combat mode by checking the two 2nd level spells used and seeing that the 2nd level spells disappeared from the list as expected. Called it good. But, when I went back to take a 2nd look, I did a long rest and the spell slots did not uncheck - required manual deselection. After that, I tested checking the 1st level spell slots used. The first level spells did not disappear when all four spell slots checked. When continuing on to check both 2nd level spell slots used, then both the 1st and 2nd level spell lists disappeared. Resting again, did nothing. Had to manually deselect the spell slots.

Strange: Previously reported that spells that had been not selected during initial spell preparation did not reappear along with their check boxes when reentering preparation mode. Until they did! No explanation as to why they were not working and then when, after having previously cycled through the sequence of standard to preparation to combat mode several times, all of the sudden, when trying that one last time, the missing spells and corresponding check boxes suddenly reappeared. Will consider this functioning, but buggy and not reliable -- also frustrating.

Other previously reported problems with abilities still same.

Moon Wizard
July 21st, 2014, 06:50
Thanks for detailed notes. Hope to dig in tomorrow. Sort of expected a few issues with the Actions tab given the level of rework needed.

Regards,
JPG

kalannar
July 21st, 2014, 15:46
Our group had the same issue with powers not having uses, but if we dragged the power from a module generated with the parser, it places the power and allows you to set uses through preparation. A good workaround for now.

Moon Wizard
July 21st, 2014, 23:23
OK, I was able to recreate the issues with the non-caster groups/powers regarding uses and the spell slots not resetting on rest. I did not see the issue with preparation as you have already posted, so keep an eye out for that.

Maybe at some time in the future, we'll look at adding "cost" as an alternate field for groups with use values > 0 to better support items. I'm holding off a bit on item specific capabilities a bit to get more information on their final format/usage.

Cheers,
JPG

Moon Wizard
July 21st, 2014, 23:49
Updates

[CoreRPG] Main token field for NPC entries in Encounter records are no longer draggable to prevent placement confusion.
[5E] PC Main tab center section supports multiple lines and becomes scrollable (senses, special defenses, special movement).
[5E] Extra damage effects parsed from NPC actions are automatically applied to CT entry linked to NPC record. (Bugbear, Doppelganger, ...)
[PFRPG/3.5E] Extra dice and modifiers added to damage rolls due to criticals will now have the critical damage type.
[PFRPG/3.5E] Added nonlethal and critical as valid immunity types. Creatures with the correct type/subtype will be given these immunities automatically when added to CT.
[PFRPG/3.5E] Minimum damage handling improved (1 point for 3.5E, 1 nonlethal point for PFRPG).
Using decimals when entering data into number fields yielded incorrect values. Fixed.
[5E/4E/PFRPG/3.5E/CnC] PC wounds reset to zero when removed from combat tracker. Fixed.
[5E] Lift/Drag encumbrance incorrect on PC inventory tab. Fixed.
[5E] Power usage information not displaying in preparation mode for non-caster powers. Fixed.
[5E] Power usage not resetting correctly for non-caster powers with individual use limits. Fixed.
[5E] Spell slots not resetting on rest. Fixed.
[PFRPG/3.5E] Weapon damage field display for weapons not updating if damage ability changed and damage ability is not equal to attack ability (i.e. thrown weapons). Fixed.
[CnC] Script error when viewing item records. Fixed.

JPG

Irondrake
July 22nd, 2014, 02:02
Have we determined a way to handle non-magic weapon resistance? Specifically I'm looking at Mormesk in the starter set, but the type of creature he is will become a common issue in the future I think. Currently I have set him to be vulnerable to silver and magic and made him resistant to piercing, slashing, and bludgeoning (as well as everything else he's resistant and immune to). The vulnerability will offset the resistance, but I'm worried that a magic attack may end up doing double damage because of this work around?

I was also setting up a section on the powers/abilities tab for non-permanent items like potions. Maybe setting up a third group for "Item Powers" would be beneficial?

Also, while I'm thinking of it, is there any chance we can get the characters passive Perception scores put on the Party Sheet? Maybe listed under Senses? It would be very helpful to have one place to look at all of their scores when determining surprise in combat. Or even in the combat tracker if it made sense and could be done easily.

While I'm at it, I can't seem to delete a spell group. I'm able to remove all the spells from it, but when I try to remove the group itself, I get this error:

Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/power_group.lua"]:33: attempt to index upvalue 'nodeGroup' (a userdata value)

Irondrake
July 22nd, 2014, 02:48
Ok, I was able to right click the group and delete it. Spell Preparation is not working for this character. For some reason or another, when going into preparation mode the little circles never appear. I wonder if that is because they have multiple groups? Here's a screenshot of what I see.

The screenshot shows a cleric that is working right, the wizard that is not working right and the wizard's Spell group setup.

vodokar
July 22nd, 2014, 06:34
Looks like what I was dealing with yesterday. Maybe the problem will go away? That is what happened to me. Still scratching my head about that. I was never able to determine any specific setup that could have caused it. I just kept playing around until it went away and the problem hasn't come back.

vodokar
July 22nd, 2014, 07:11
Post today's fix, there is only one item that I reported that is still not functioning as intended. I'll try to expand a little on my description to aid in it's tracking.

For example, testing with a 3rd level wizard having 4 level 1 spell slots and 2 level 2 spell slots in combat mode.

Check the 4 1st level spell slots used.
Expected Behavior: level 1 spell list should disappear after checking the 4th check circle of level 1 spell slots.
Actual Behavior: level 1 spell list remains unchanged

Check the remaining 2 2nd level spell slots used (total of 6 check circles now checked).
Expected Behavior: level 1 spell list already removed from prior step. level 2 spell list should now disappear.
Actual Behavior: level 1 and 2 spell lists now disappear.

Un-check everything and start over.
Check both level 2 spell slots used.
Expected Behavior: level 2 spell list disappears.
Actual Behavior: works as expected

Enter Preparation mode and set 2nd level spell slots to 0.
Re-enter Combat mode and check all 4 1st level spell slots used.
Expected Behavior: level 1 spell list disappears.
Actual Behavior: works as expected

Add 3rd level spell.
Enter Preparation mode and set 2nd level spell slot back to 2 and 3rd level spell slot to 1.
Re-enter Combat mode.
Check 4 first level spell slots used.
Expected Behavior: 1st level spell list disappears.
Actual Behavior: 1st level spell list remains

Check 2nd level spell slots used.
Expected Behavior: 2nd level spell list disappears.
Actual Behavior: 2nd level spell list remains.

Check 3rd level spell slot used.
Expected Behavior: 3rd level spell list disappears.
Actual Behavior: All three spell lists disappear.

Un-check everything.
Check only 3rd level spell slot used.
Expected Behavior: 3rd level spell list disappears.
Actual Behavior: works as expected.

As suspected, whatever is the highest level of spell slot is the only one triggering the removal event.

ShadeRaven
July 22nd, 2014, 09:31
Request: The ability to drop Library Entries onto the Skills Pane either as a replacement for what's there or as the addition of a new skill.

Details: I've added skills to the 5E PHB Library, I have noted that you cannot drag and drop the skills "tabs" onto the skill pane to link the details of a skill to the character sheet....except as an entry within the text fields of the associated skill.

As such:
https://home.comcast.net/~bretwd/FG/SkillsTab.jpg
It would be nice if clicking on Athletics on the Skills Tab would simply pull up the library reference box instead of the editable text, though it's certainly not difficult to work around as shown above.

Thanks as always!
SR

kalannar
July 22nd, 2014, 15:24
Post today's fix, there is only one item that I reported that is still not functioning as intended. I'll try to expand a little on my description to aid in it's tracking.

For example, testing with a 3rd level wizard having 4 level 1 spell slots and 2 level 2 spell slots in combat mode.

Check the 4 1st level spell slots used.
Expected Behavior: level 1 spell list should disappear after checking the 4th check circle of level 1 spell slots.
Actual Behavior: level 1 spell list remains unchanged

If you have 2nd level spell slots still open, shouldn't the 1st level list still show? Because you could cast a 1st level spell using a higher level slot.

vodokar
July 22nd, 2014, 19:06
Oh, your absolutely right, Kalannar. I hadn't thought of that. Looks like it's working just as intended then.

Moon Wizard
July 22nd, 2014, 21:14
Irondrake,
* No, I haven't figured out how to handle exception-based resistances yet; which is why they are not doing anything right now. It's on my short list to address.
* I've been thinking about the non-permanent items (like Potions). My thought right now is to add an option in the preparation for a group to specify a Uses Renewal Period of None (vs. Encounter and Daily options right now). Then, these ones would never get reset. But, the record would stay in place until deleted in case of mistakes.
* Added passive perception on party sheet to my 5E wish list.
* On deleting spell groups, I'll need to investigate.
* For the preparation issue, it looks like the mode box is not actually toggling the controls correctly (i.e. Cantrips should have nothing, and the rest should have check boxes). If that character is consistently not working for preparation, can you send me a copy of your db.xml for that campaign to [email protected]?

vodokar,
Yes, higher level spell slots can be used for lower-level spells, so that is working as intended.

ShadeRaven,
The original intent was to allow the skill links from the module to be dropped onto the skill entries to populate them. I'll take a look.

Thanks everyone,
JPG

ShadeRaven
July 22nd, 2014, 22:27
Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/power_main.lua"]:47: attempt to index global 'descriptors' (a nil value)

It appears that the field Descriptors (which was in previous versions) is no longer accessible on the powers tab so new powers added are getting that error. The powers/spells I had before which contained information in Descriptors (I was using it to hold spell components at the time) do not get the script error message.

Moon Wizard
July 23rd, 2014, 00:12
IronDrake,

Can you walk me through steps to re-create the spell_group.lua script error?

I just tried dragging and dropping some spells into Actions tab, then deleting spells, then deleting group. I couldn't delete the group with the right-click menu, but the deletion button worked. I also tried with powers I added manually with a custom group (Wand of Magic Missile) and deleted spell then group with no errors.

Thanks,
JPG

ShadeRaven
July 23rd, 2014, 00:22
Okay. Not totally sure what's going on with power use in relationship to Enc/Daily tagging, type, etc.

In examining the group Cleric who just hit level 2 we see this as his power tab:

For Spells, there's 5 prepared set of group type Spells. However, whether in preparation, standard, or combat, the checking of the boxes have no effect on the appearance of the spells themselves in any state. It should also be noted that the Cleric gets Free Domain Spells at each spell level, so at some point, there should be some sort of allowing for having them added as well (in Thorin's case, he will be allowed to have 7 total prepared spells - 5 normally for his level and WIS plus Bless and Cure Wounds from Domain).

In the Spell Slots section, there's the three check-boxes (circles) for 1st Level Spells. Even when all three are checked off, there's no change in the appearance of the Actions Tab, IE: Spells (Level 1) does not disappear for Standard or Combat.

The circular check boxes next to the spell names can be selected in all three modes, but there appears to be no change in the state of the spells themselves in any mode for it. I thought perhaps this was an indication of prepared spells, but checked or not, spells will still appear in Standard and Combat Display Mode.

For Channel Divinity (set to group type Ability), we used the Enc option and gave it 1 use in hopes that this would allow either Preserve Life or Turn Undead to be checked off as used, making both disappear until at leas a Short Rest (if not Long) is taken at which point they should reappear as being unused. However, clicking on the circles next to the powers simply gives a Chat Box entry with the Player's Name: Power Name. The box does not check off nor does the option to Channel Divinity disappear.

If there's any more detail, screen shots, or otherwise useful information I can give you for this process, I'd be happy to take the time to offer it up.

Thanks, as always, for all the hard work you put into this!
SR

vodokar
July 23rd, 2014, 02:18
Regarding spells, you are not supposed to check off the check circles next to each spell when you use them. This is because in 5e, you do not memorize individual uses of spells, you simply memorize the spell and can cast the spell as many times as you have spell slots.

The check circles next to each spell listing is so that when you are in Preparation Mode, you can check the ones that you have prepared. When you change to combat mode, only those that you had checked will display as choices to be able to cast.

For a simple example of casting, let's say I had two 1st level spells (Bless and Cure Wounds) and 1 2nd level spell (Spiritual Weapon) prepared. This is not a realistic example, but just keeping example simple. Set spell slots to be set up in Preparaton Mode as 2 1st level uses and 1 2nd level use.

Now put action sheet into Combat Mode. The spell slots display now shows 2 1st level check circles and 1 2nd level check circle.

Cast Bless Spell. Check one of the 1st level spell slot check circles as being used. Nothing will change on your spell list (because you are still able to cast another Bless spell, if you wanted to, as long as you still have a spell slot to use.)

Now, lets say, next round, you want to cast a spell. You have 1 1st level spell slot left, and a 2nd level spell slot left. You could choose to A. Cast another Bless spell (you wouldn't, because it would do nothing, but you could. B. Cast a Cure Light Wounds spell C. Cast a Spiritual Weapon Spell D. Cast a Bless spell as a 2nd level spell or E. Cast a Cure Light Wounds spell as a 2nd level spell.

Let's say I choose to cast the Cure Light Wounds spell as a 1st level spell. I check the last 1st level spell check circle available. I now have no more 1st level spell slots. My 1st level spell list still displays, however, because I still have the option of casting Bless or Cure Light Wounds using a 2nd level spell slot.

Next round, I choose to cast Spiritual Hammer, excuse remembrance from AD&D, I mean Spiritual Weapon. I check the 2nd level spell slot as used. Both 1st and 2nd level spell lists disappear. That is because I have no more 1st or 2nd level spell slots left to cast anything.

For Channel Divinity, which works on "uses per day for entire category". Leave the uses for each Channel Divinity power set to be 0. Click the magnifying glass for the Category and set it to be 1 use Daily. Switch back to Combat mode. That will give it the functionality you need.

For abilities that are not controlled by "uses per day for entire category", but works on individual uses per enc or day for each ability, such as Action Surge and Second Wind. Leave the Category Uses set to 0. Set each ability to be 1 use per Day. Change to Combat Mode and it will have the functionality you need.

ShadeRaven
July 23rd, 2014, 03:10
More on Skills and Powers: So in examining how powers are working for Fighters (as we have a couple at level 2), we see some more anomalies.

Initially, I set up Action Surge and Second Wind on the Same Bar (Fighter Features) and then gave them each 1 ENC as their prepared use. In the Power Group, I tried 2 ENC for Uses, hoping it would be a shared maximum.

So then switching to the Combat Display, we tested with having the player use Action Surge. Checking off the Action Surge circle, Action Surge indeed disappears, but it also checks off Second Wind as if it is no longer available:

Looking at the results from the Standard Mode view, we see that Action Surge is there, showing it's use, while Second Wind still shows it's faded grey check as if it was used to:

Hopefully, that's some insight into what's going on with Group Type - Abilities usage.

It should also be noted that SHORT REST has no bearing on any recharging of powers, regardless of how their Uses is set (ENC or DAILY). They are only replenished when a Long Rest is taken.

Thanks again!
SR

Moon Wizard
July 23rd, 2014, 05:35
ShadeRaven,

I think I'm going to need your db.xml file from your campaign folder, or steps to create in a brand new campaign. I can't recreate what you are seeing. (See image.)

Do you happen to be running any extensions?

Regards,
JPG

Irondrake
July 23rd, 2014, 06:03
Yes I had a spell group named Wizard Features, after deleting items from it, I presses the red circle to delete the group. That is when I got the error message. I was able to right click the group header and delete it. That character was also the one that spell preparation wasn't working on. I will check in the morning to see if she still has the issue.

Moon Wizard
July 23rd, 2014, 06:28
Do either of you have a 5E folder in your rulesets folder, or using any extensions?

I can't recreate, so I'm trying to figure out how you got yours set up.

Thanks,
JPG

ShadeRaven
July 23rd, 2014, 06:46
Nope, no folders of any kind in the ruleset and no 5E Extensions at all.

I'll be happy to share whatever you need in effort to get to the root of this :)

Moon Wizard
July 23rd, 2014, 06:59
Can you ZIP up campaign folder, and send link to [email protected]?

If you have a series of steps to follow to see issues, that would speed things up too.

Thanks ,
JPG

ShadeRaven
July 23rd, 2014, 07:22
Sure thing :)

BTW: In a slightly related issue...

I use Powers on the Actions Tab to give reference and/or effects for non-spell like features (e.g. Cunning Action). For powers that I do not include a level for, this error message shows up regularly:
Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/power_main.lua"]:47: attempt to index global 'descriptors' (a nil value)

If I toss in a level number, it goes away.

Moon Wizard
July 23rd, 2014, 09:05
Updates

[CoreRPG+] Player end turn button can be dragged to hot key bar.
[5E] Added "One Time" option to power group and power usage preparation to simulate potions and other one time use items.
[5E] Delete Item radial menu option removed from spell group headers, which must be empty to be deleted.
[5E] Moved PC sheet Diety field to its own line.
[5E] Script error when viewing power details. Fixed.

JPG

El Condoro
July 23rd, 2014, 11:08
When I add NPC icons to a map from an encounter and then close the encounter, I get the following error for each icon on the map:

Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_token.lua"]:97: attempt to call field 'onTokenDelete' (a nil value)

I get the same message when I open the encounter and then click the 'Add to Combat Tracker' and then delete the entries in the CT.

Irondrake
July 23rd, 2014, 13:40
With the update today, the "broken character" appears to be fixed. I'll test further to be sure. Deleting power groups appears to be working normally now as well. I will be able to test more tonight at the game. :)

ShadeRaven
July 23rd, 2014, 15:18
Awesome stuff!

Today's Issue: Reassigning Lookups/Tabs

Details: So as I build a library of 5E details, occasionally I have the need to change some aspect that I've already assigned. I know of at least one case where this is not possible. It may be very similar to the Skill Reassigning issue (where I can't add a library "tab" overtop of the current generic skill tab assigned to each skill).

So for today, I wanted to affix the new Lightfoot Halfling details to a character sheet, replacing the old, but it will not let me. Erasing the text under race doesn't remove the assigned tab/lookup, so that old one is rather permanent currently.

BTW: All the power issues, spells, encounter, etc., look fixed! Thanks a ton! Do you think it would be worthwhile changing the ENC field to something like Rest? With ENCounter recharge no longer being a term used for 5E, us 4E veterans know what you mean by it, but someone new to D&D may not quite get what ENC means. Rest might just let the user know that this power recharges on any rest event. Just a thought. :)

As always, appreciate your hard work in this,
SR

Trenloe
July 23rd, 2014, 15:25
When I add NPC icons to a map from an encounter and then close the encounter, I get the following error for each icon on the map:

Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_token.lua"]:97: attempt to call field 'onTokenDelete' (a nil value)

I get the same message when I open the encounter and then click the 'Add to Combat Tracker' and then delete the entries in the CT.
Which ruleset and are you using any extensions? This has been an issue with some extensions.

kalannar
July 23rd, 2014, 15:50
Tested the GRANTDISATK effect against ranged and working as attended but prone effect still does not grant disadvantage on ranged attacks and advantage on melee.

Trenloe
July 23rd, 2014, 16:02
Tested the GRANTDISATK effect against ranged and working as attended but prone effect still does not grant disadvantage on ranged attacks and advantage on melee.
I think this is because advantage is only if within 5 feet of the prone target, then it is disadvantage. FG doesn't measure distance for attacks and so the advantage or disadvantage would need to be applied manually. This is the same for ranged or melee. As per page 105 of the Basic Rules PDF:

Prone
• A prone creature’s only movement option is to crawl, unless it stands up and thereby ends the condition.
• The creature has disadvantage on attack rolls.
• An attack roll against the creature has advantage if the attacker is within 5 feet of the creature. Otherwise, the attack roll has disadvantage.

Moon Wizard
July 23rd, 2014, 21:22
El Condoro,

I can't recreate your script error. Are you running any extensions?

Regards,
JPG

Moon Wizard
July 23rd, 2014, 21:57
ShadeRaven,

If you drag a new race onto the front tab of the PC sheet, it will replace the current race (and also add the new racial traits, which will be noted in the chat window). Also, you can middle click on the shortcut to just remove the link, and add a link; but that ends up with same result as above.

Cheers,
JPG

El Condoro
July 23rd, 2014, 22:13
El Condoro,

I can't recreate your script error. Are you running any extensions?

Regards,
JPG

I have the Enhanced Images extension ON, so I'll try again later today with it disabled.

Bumamgar
July 23rd, 2014, 22:25
Would be nice to have a feature / option to roll NPC hit points when added to the combat tracker, rather than taking the 'average' or 'standard' hit points, as long as the NPC entry has a die range for hit points such as "Hit Points 27 (5d8 + 5)"

Along the same lines, an option to use average damage rather than rolled damage would be nice as well. For example, when the damage entry is Hit: 11 (2d8 + 2) damage, depending on the settings, it should either always do 11 damage, or should roll 2d8+2.

Personally I would always want 'rolled HP' and 'rolled DMG' turned on, but I'm sure some DMs would prefer to use average / static values.

Trenloe
July 23rd, 2014, 22:36

This is a known issue with Enhanced Images V1.0.2 and CoreRPG 3.0.4+. What version of the enhanced images extension are you running? You should be on version 1.0.3: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?20231-Enhanced-Images-%28layers%29-for-FG-3-0-CoreRPG-%28and-rulesets-based-on-CoreRPG%29 Unless there is something else in 3.0.7 beta that is causing issues. I usually don't look at updating extensions until the FG code is released to live as there can be so may changes occur while in beta testing.

The golden rule if there are issues with new versions/beta testing - remove any extensions one-by-one to identify if an extension is causing the issue. This is because extensions are hard coded with FG LUA and XML from older releases and so a newer release can easily have issues while running an extensions with older code... All part of the cutting edge of FG beta testing! ;)

Bumamgar
July 23rd, 2014, 22:47
For NPCs, it would be nice to be able to fully edit effects attached to various Traits or Reactions. For example, the 'Bugbear' has the Trait: Surprise Attack, that allows it to do 2d6 extra damage on an attack with surprise. That gets parsed properly now, so i can drag/drop it on the Bugbear and it will get the 2d6 extra damage, however, it doesn't have the other options such as duration. So now I have to go in and remove the effect after I do the first damage. I should be able to edit the NPC entry and setup the effect with the proper duration etc so that when I use it in combat, it expires after the damage is rolled.

Moon Wizard
July 23rd, 2014, 23:53
Updates

[5E] Change uses period on powers and power groups to read "Rest", instead of "Enc".
[5E] Encounter and quest record links can be dropped anywhere on Party Sheet XP tab to be added.
[5E] A copy of each quest record will be made when added to the Party Sheet XP tab.
[5E] Removed quest type field from quest records.
[5E] When skill module link dropped onto PC Skills tab, the skill detail information will be added to existing skill with same name, or a new skill is created if no skill with same name.
[5E] Added shield bonus field to AC calculation details.
[5E] Extra damage effects from powers or NPC actions now have a duration of 1 and an application of one roll.
[5E] PC skills can be set to double proficiency bonus or half proficiency bonus, and proficiency amount noted in roll.
[5E] PC power/spell groups can be given an save DC ability of Proficiency to support abilities with DCs using double proficiency bonus.
[5E] Prone effect not applying DIS/ADV to ranged/melee attacks, respectively. Fixed.
[5E] Awarding all encounter/quest XP in Party Sheet XP tab did not mark encounters as awarded. Fixed.
[5E] Script error when dropping quests from modules onto Party Sheet XP tab. Fixed.

JPG

Irondrake
July 24th, 2014, 00:04
Love the double proficiency and half proficiency change, thank you!

Trenloe
July 24th, 2014, 00:08
Updates

[5E] Prone effect not applying DIS/ADV to ranged/melee attacks, respectively. Fixed.

This might need changing. As per post #45: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?21658-Beta-release-v3-0-7&p=182015&viewfull=1#post182015

From page #105 of the base rules:

Prone
• A prone creature’s only movement option is to crawl, unless it stands up and thereby ends the condition.
• The creature has disadvantage on attack rolls.
•An attack roll against the creature has advantage if the attacker is within 5 feet of the creature. Otherwise, the attack roll has disadvantage.

There's no ranged has disadvantage/melee has advantage blanket anymore. Ranged or melee at 5ft get advantage, ranged and melee beyond 5 feet get disadvantage.

Irondrake
July 24th, 2014, 00:38
Technically, aiming a ranged attack in close combat (5' range) gives you disadvantage anyway. Page 73. :) Ranged Attacks in Close Combat

Trenloe
July 24th, 2014, 00:58
Technically, aiming a ranged attack in close combat (5' range) gives you disadvantage anyway. Page 73. :) Ranged Attacks in Close Combat

So they'd get disadvantage from a ranged attack whilst being in close combat and advantage from attacking the prone target at 5 feet, so they'd cancel cancel out.

Moon Wizard
July 24th, 2014, 01:46
Well, the trade off is to not handle prone at all at this point. I don't have a mechanism to measure distance, only melee/ranged attack type. I think it could be built in the future, but it would need more work than short term.

So, leave it like it is now (ADV melee/DIS ranged), or disable and let people add ADV/DIS manually based on situation?

Regards,
JPG

Trenloe
July 24th, 2014, 01:54
Well, the trade off is to not handle prone at all at this point. I don't have a mechanism to measure distance, only melee/ranged attack type. I think it could be built in the future, but it would need more work than short term.

So, leave it like it is now (ADV melee/DIS ranged), or disable and let people add ADV/DIS manually based on situation?

Regards,
JPG
Leaving it as it is now is inaccruate - as a creature with 10 foot reach for melee attacks, making a melee attack from 10 feet away would actually have disadvantage against a prone creature.

So, I'd suggest purely having it as an attack from a prone creature has disadvantage, but attacks on that prone creature should be handled manually.

Irondrake
July 24th, 2014, 04:23
Tonight we had this pop up when players were rolling their attacks, results were Hidden (to help me with handling reactions...)

When making a ranged attack:
Attack -> [at Goblin 1]
s'GET DEF ADV' | { #1 = s'ranged' }
[ATTACK (R)] Crossbow, light (6+3 9)

Likewise on melee attack:
s'GET DEF ADV' | { #1 = s'melee' }
[ATTACK (M)] Battleaxe (7+5 12)

I think a debug message may have escaped :)

Moon Wizard
July 24th, 2014, 05:26
Wily little suckers. They're always escaping and hiding in the code.

JPG

ShadeRaven
July 24th, 2014, 07:42
Well, fool that I am, I just realized I was posting in the wrong area.. but sharp as you are, you seem to take it in stride. So beyond the Star use for spellcasting request I put erroneously into that other thread, I have yet another that is minor ease-of-use related.

Feature Request: I know this might be slightly problematic as you'd have to consider things like Advantage (two rolls for the price of one), will it be more hassle than help when players are often just puttering around with attacks, etc, but I'd like to suggest that the attack action on weapons with Ammo fields would be tied to their use. IE: When PC #1 attacks with his longbow against Target A, the die is rolled and one of the ammo circles indicates that there is one less available than before. When PC #2 then throws two Handaxes (using action surge), the two he showed available as "ammo" would both get checked off indicating that the character is out of ammo.

It's very cosmetic, but we've been using the ammo field to show use and then following the rules by allowing half of it to be recovered (if it's ammunition, rather than thrown). I am not sure how much I really care about the process, but that little extra detail sometimes makes the characters feel more engaged with the world so we're giving it a whirl. Having ammo counted away automatically would speed up the process.

Sub-Request: It would also be nice if there was a little "recover ammo" button that could be pushed, too, where it then auto-recovers half your ammo (if it has the Ammunition tag in properties) for you, then subtracts that which was lost in combat (half rounded up) from the total.

Details: I am going to (of course) use some quick images of what we are doing.

So in the case of Salazar and his bow use, what we see if that he started out combat with 26 ammo available to his Longbow (which has the Ammunition property). After combat, we see that of his 26 available, he used 5. After "ammo recovery", he shows 23 ammo available, none used. Thus, in the last combat, he started with 26, used 5, and then recovered 2 (half of 5, rounded down - per the rules) after combat as he spent a minute looking for them.

Obviously, it's more of a cosmetic feature with some practical use, so not high priority, but it would add a little extra to the game and how ammunition is a commodity that gets expended, etc.

As always, thanks for listening, even if this seems like a dumb idea :P
SR

vodokar
July 24th, 2014, 08:26
One situation that I would like to see addressed is stabilization of an unconscious person. Currently, use of a medical skill check or healer's kit does not stop death saving throws from continuing. Only changing hit points to be greater than zero discontinues death saving throws.

According to the 5e rules, however, a stabilized character remains at 0 hit points for 1d4 hours unless healed by magical means, even though death saving throws stop being made and the death throw successes/failures reset, thus healing to 1 hp as a work-around to stop death saving throws is suboptimal.

It would be useful if simply dropping a medical skill roll on the patient would determine success vs. DC 10 and if successful would automatically change the status of the patient to being stabilized - which would end death saving throws and clear the death saving throw success/failure flags.

ShadeRaven
July 24th, 2014, 09:58
Good idea, Vod. Not sure if the skill drop will work because stabilization can happen in other ways (including healer's kit) and medicine can be used for more than stabilizing, but I still like your line of thought.

At worst, what we need is a "Stabilized?" toggle/circle of some sort. It would uncheck automatically upon damage taken and be irrelevant (and thus unchecked) when HPs are above 0.

El Condoro
July 24th, 2014, 10:43
This is a known issue with Enhanced Images V1.0.2 and CoreRPG 3.0.4+. What version of the enhanced images extension are you running? You should be on version 1.0.3: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?20231-Enhanced-Images-%28layers%29-for-FG-3-0-CoreRPG-%28and-rulesets-based-on-CoreRPG%29 Unless there is something else in 3.0.7 beta that is causing issues. I usually don't look at updating extensions until the FG code is released to live as there can be so may changes occur while in beta testing.

The golden rule if there are issues with new versions/beta testing - remove any extensions one-by-one to identify if an extension is causing the issue. This is because extensions are hard coded with FG LUA and XML from older releases and so a newer release can easily have issues while running an extensions with older code... All part of the cutting edge of FG beta testing! ;)

Thanks for the advice.

I can confirm that the problem did go away when I removed the Enhanced Images extension. It did not come back when I re-activated the latest 1.0.3 version.

So, all good and I'll make sure I deactivate extensions when/if issues occur in troubleshooting. Cheers.

El Condoro
July 24th, 2014, 10:59
Is there any way to set the Ally-Neutral-Enemy status of NPCs in an encounter so that when they are added to the CT from a pre-set map encounter they don't default to enemy? I have encounters set up with friendly, or neutral, NPCs and they have to be individually set so that they don't become enemies of the party. This is not a major issue so I'm not that fussed - just asking.

El Condoro
July 24th, 2014, 13:04
Since I'm in a pestering mood, I might as well go one more. The HD at the bottom of the main PC sheet shows the HD type and number according to the level and class of the PC. You double-click and heal according to the roll.

Could the die number change each time the healing is done so as to keep track of how many have been used (rather than via the class section above it)? e.g. a level 3 fighter shows a d10 with a 3 on it. When a HD is used (double-clicked) it shows 2. If none are available it shows a blank die (or nothing, as now). It returns to 1/2 maximum after a long rest and full after 2 long rests (as now).

ShadeRaven
July 24th, 2014, 14:40
El C: You have some work to do if you want to reach my proficiency in pestering! :P

Also... What are you talking about? :) How many have been used? In a round about way, it already does.

For example, Salazar (Fighter) in my group had 3 HD of D10 available. He takes 12 wounds and during a short rest, he decides to use a HD to recover. His first click on the HD shows the tumbling D10 with his bonus (+2) and he gets a lowly 3 (for +5 healing). Now his HD show that he has 2 HD of D10 left (the three dropped to 2).

With 7 wounds, he decides that's just too much for him, so he uses another and rolls an 9, getting him back to max HPs. However, looking at his HD field, he sees now only 1 HD available (of D10).

He could take a Long Rest to get back 1 of them (which would then show a 2 there) or a couple long rests to get back both (giving him back his 3 on the number available).

So it appears to me that the HD field is working wonderfully. Now I am easily confused, so it is more than likely my lack of understanding, but what is it you are hoping instead? You want it to show what HD have been used down below instead of available? You don't want to have to go into the magnifying glass of the Class & Level field to see how they were used?

I guess I am not sure why that's important. But I am unsure of a lot of things in life....

Trenloe
July 24th, 2014, 15:12
Good idea, Vod. Not sure if the skill drop will work because stabilization can happen in other ways (including healer's kit) and medicine can be used for more than stabilizing, but I still like your line of thought.

At worst, what we need is a "Stabilized?" toggle/circle of some sort. It would uncheck automatically upon damage taken and be irrelevant (and thus unchecked) when HPs are above 0.
Add the "stable" condition to the creature. https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/5E_Effects

El Condoro
July 24th, 2014, 15:18
[Madly looks for red face emoticon - not the angry one]

You're absolutely right! But I'm sure it didn't do it for me when I tried it before. Forget I posted - is working as I hoped. Great work team. :)

ShadeRaven
July 24th, 2014, 18:36
Add the "stable" condition to the creature.Ah, yes, I forgot about that "Effect". I don't suppose three successes automatically does this for us already?

I need to add a stable (yes, yes, pun intended) of conditions to the Function Keys for quick dispersal. Not only will it aid in gameplay, but might actually help me remember what new properties there's available in this new edition.

Moon Wizard
July 24th, 2014, 19:35
Yes, I believe 3 Successful death saves, adds the effect automatically, and any heals remove it automatically.

EDIT: Just checked:
* Stable effect automatically added on 3 successful death saves.
* Stable effect removed when healed, hit dice used or on rest.
* If no Stable effect, then death saves are rolled for PCs at zero HP based on option setting.
* The status in player CT reads Unconscious if Stable, or Dying if not Stable (at zero HP).

JPG

ShadeRaven
July 24th, 2014, 20:23
Awesome, as per usual...

On this subject, how about how damage affects stablization, saving throws, etc. Is Stable Removed automatically if the unconscious creature is damaged? Is the failed death saving throw added as well? Are two failed added if the damage delivered is a critical?

Moon Wizard
July 24th, 2014, 20:46
* I need to add a line so that any damage (that overcomes resistance, immunity and temp hp) removes the "Stable" condition.
* Yes, the failed death save is being added on damage, but not the two on critical. Let me look at that.

Cheers,
JPG

Moon Wizard
July 25th, 2014, 00:50
Updates

[CoreRPG/PFRPG/3.5E] Blood splatters removed from story and list frames to improve readability.
[5E] Two death save failures added when receiving critical damage when at zero HP.
[5E] Stable effect removed on any damage when at zero HP.
[5E] Added support for exception-based damage resistance [Ex. RESIST: bludgeoning, piercing, slashing, !magic, !silver == resistance to (bludgeoning or piercing or slashing) and not magic and not silver)]
[5E] Added combining RESIST/VULN/IMMUNE types. [Ex. IMMUNE: cold, lightning == immunity to cold or lighting]
[5E] Added parsing of exception-based damage resistance text for Grick and Mormesk from the Lost Mines adventure in Starter Set when added to the combat tracker.
[5E] Spells, background/class features, racial traits and feats can be dragged and dropped onto NPCs to add actions/traits.
[5E] Debug message displaying when resolving attack rolls. Fixed.

I'm not convinced that the NPC drops will be all that useful, since an entire block of text from a feature/trait/spell is really too large for good display.

Regards,
JPG

vodokar
July 25th, 2014, 01:38
Regarding Death Saving Throws:

Functionality of becoming stable on 3 successes is good. However, if there are 3 failures, i.e. you die, death throws continue to be made. It will even set you at being stable if you make your 3rd success after you are already dead.

Also, if you do become stable, it still does not reset your death success/failure flags, so you could have this hypothetical situation: You are knocked to 0 hp, then stabilize due to 3 successes but had 2 failures before that happened, then you take damage, which removes stable and prompts a death saving throw next time through the initiative order. You proceed to fail that saving throw and you immediately die, because that is your 3rd failure (even though it's really not, because the death flags were supposed to have cleared when stabilized).

Now, I realize none of this is a big deal, because the DM can simply make things right by Fiat and manual adjustments, however, I'm simply presenting ideas on polishing the rule set to a higher level.

Along those same lines, I still think it would be very nice if a Medicine check could be targetable with Drag and Drop functionality, report success vs. the DC, apply the stable condition and clear the flags.

None of this is high priority and shouldn't cause a delay in bringing the beta live if its otherwise ready, but, these are good features that would be good to have at some point if they are feasible.

I'll add one more thing to my wish list:

There are effects in the game such as the Aid Spell which temporarily adjust your Max HP. I currently record the Max HP in another field such as Special Move so that I don't forget what the unbuffed Max HP is supposed to be. However, if it's feasible to squeeze in one more box in the WND MAX TMP line on the Main Sheet to track this number, that would be great. I'm not sure what you would call it though. MAX should still be the field which is used to compare your wounds to. PHP (Permanent HP)? UHP (Unbuffed HP)? BHP (Base HP)? Not sure.

As always, just trying to help.

Irondrake
July 25th, 2014, 01:56
While we're throwing out our requests, some spells allow a player or NPC to make a save to end its effect early at the end of each of its turns. If I remember right, 4E had this built in. Any chance we could get a similar approach built in? The spell I just referenced for this was Hold Person (2nd Level spell).

Moon Wizard
July 25th, 2014, 02:41
There's no "Dead" flag for characters, so no way to track whether someone is dead. I'm not sure it's worth including another condition just to handle that case. (i.e. just remove PC from tracker if they're dead.) There is a bug that is allowing the death saves to continue after 3 failures that I will fix in next round.

If Aid is the only spell that boosts HP, I will probably punt on adding anything specific there. For 3.5E and 4E, I use temporary HP, since it ends up being the same in the long run.

JPG

vodokar
July 25th, 2014, 02:41
That's an excellent request, Irondrake.

Yes, 4e had this functionality with "save ends", where it would automatically roll the saving throw each round until either you made your save or the effect went to duration.

It also had "until the end of your next turn", where it would set the initiative count to expire on the initiative count of the caster and not the target of the effect.

Currently the only way to have an effect expire on the caster's initiative round is to manually change it, because it defaults to the target's initiative round (which means that the effect will not run the proper length e.g. I cast a spell on you, you are next in the initiative order, it expires, therefore lasted one initiative count rather than an entire round as it should have.

Moon Wizard
July 25th, 2014, 03:13
I'm hesitant to go too far down the path of parsing the current spell text until I see the final format of the PHB. The "until end of your next turn" and "you may save on your turn again" formats may change or be difficult to parse.

I'll look into the initiative count issue mentioned. It should use the initiative of the effect originator, or the current initiative.

Regards,
JPG

vodokar
July 25th, 2014, 03:13
There's no "Dead" flag for characters, so no way to track whether someone is dead. I'm not sure it's worth including another condition just to handle that case. (i.e. just remove PC from tracker if they're dead.) There is a bug that is allowing the death saves to continue after 3 failures that I will fix in next round.

JPG

Fixing the bug that allows death saves after 3 failures is sufficient. An actual "Death" condition isn't required nor desired -- last thing I would want is the software telling me I'm dead with no way to become not dead.

If Aid is the only spell that boosts HP, I will probably punt on adding anything specific there. For 3.5E and 4E, I use temporary HP, since it ends up being the same in the long run.JPG

Not asking for much here, just a little box to record the original number, with no other game functionality, rather than having to record it elsewhere.

Putting the increase in Max HP as Temp HP doesn't really work, because then you can't heal them back with a healing spell. As the Aid spell has a duration of hours, this has a much longer term and more important effect on the game session than a few Temp HP due to the fact that they are healable -- and I have no doubt this will be a popular spell because of that. In the Short Run, an increase of Max HP may work the same as Temp HP, but it is in the Long Run, where they are not the same. There may be other things in the game that have similar effects of changing your Max HP, as well.

Moon Wizard
July 25th, 2014, 03:52
Ah, didn't realize that Aid lasted so long. My first 5E game is in 2 weeks. Let me think about that situation.

JPG

vodokar
July 25th, 2014, 07:49
I think you'll enjoy 5e. I've already fallen in love with it. It feels like AD&D with some of the best parts of 3e and 4e integrated into it. Old school feel but with some of the modern innovations. And rolling more than one d20 is so cool. More lethal than 3e and 4e, but not too much so. Best of all, it's fast to play. Already about 60% of the way through Lost Mines of Phandelver.

One piece of information. One of the options coming in the PHB is to make proficiency be a dice roll rather than a flat bonus. I think that would be very interesting.

El Condoro
July 25th, 2014, 10:18
I'm not sure if the issue is me or the AC calculation. When I enter the details for Chain mail armor (AC 16, no dex bonus) I enter the armor value as 6 and the Dex as 'None'. Yet the calculated AC is 18. My PC has Dex 15, which would get +2 but chain mail has no dex bonus. She is Level 2 which is Prof Bonus +2 but there is no prof bonus with armor. What am I missing here? :) Cheers

Edit: nm it was me (as expected) I had a value in the 2nd box.

kalannar
July 25th, 2014, 14:54
Not asking for much here, just a little box to record the original number, with no other game functionality, rather than having to record it elsewhere.

Putting the increase in Max HP as Temp HP doesn't really work, because then you can't heal them back with a healing spell. As the Aid spell has a duration of hours, this has a much longer term and more important effect on the game session than a few Temp HP due to the fact that they are healable -- and I have no doubt this will be a popular spell because of that. In the Short Run, an increase of Max HP may work the same as Temp HP, but it is in the Long Run, where they are not the same. There may be other things in the game that have similar effects of changing your Max HP, as well.

Could you make an effect that adds or takes away from Max HP instead of tracking it in a box? That way if an effect like disease or a spell is used it can be tracked.

OneSidedDie
July 25th, 2014, 16:01
Ah, didn't realize that Aid lasted so long. My first 5E game is in 2 weeks. Let me think about that situation.

JPG

Other things that can change HP maximum in basic rules: Heroe's Feast, Harm and the level 4 exhaustion effect. I know some monsters (like the wraith) also do max HP drain.

vodokar
July 25th, 2014, 16:56
I think that any creature in AD&D which did level drain does Max HP damage in 5e.

Irondrake
July 25th, 2014, 18:12
An effect that can add or subtract max hp may answer all of this. No need to change a character sheet, it can just update the tracker right?

kalannar
July 25th, 2014, 18:26
An effect that can add or subtract max hp may answer all of this. No need to change a character sheet, it can just update the tracker right?

I like his idea. Seems familiar though ;).

Trenloe
July 25th, 2014, 18:30
This is a good idea. Doable, yes, but might require a lot of work from the devs.

Typically the effects subsystem only kicks in on dice rolls (effects as they are now don't modify base values on the PC or NPC sheets), so it would require a change to the underlying effects subsystem to introduce specific code that would actually modify the creature record in the combat tracker. Then, there would need to be onDelete code written to remove the HP when the effect expired/was deleted - again, something that isn't in the effects code at present.

Additionally, you'd need to update the character sheet as well (I would imagine) as a player could look at their character sheet hit points instead of the combat tracker HP. Currently the combat tracker record is linked to the PC record for a few things (HP being one of them) - so if HP is changed on the CT it immediately reflects on the character sheet and vice versa.

But, the devs might go ahead and do this, or come up with some other funky way. :)

vodokar
July 25th, 2014, 20:23
Max HP in the combat tracker is linked to Max HP on the character sheet. Thus adding an effect that could adjust Max HP doesn't solve the issue.

Perhaps a different angle. ex. Armor class. The effect AC: +5 does't actually change any value on your character sheet or the combat tracker. But it does get added on when your AC is checked during an attack. And you can see it in the effects line of the CT so you know what is going on.

Perhaps an effect with HP: (sign) (value) could work. Thus your health becomes Max HP - WND + HP: (sign)(value). This would allow taking wounds or healing to the adjusted health total without having to even change the Max HP count on the character sheet or combat tracker. That would be an elegant solution.

A couple examples:

I glance at my character sheet or combat tracker and I see that my Max HP is 30 and I've taken 5 wounds. I use 2nd wind and it heals me 9 hp. ??? how was that?. Look at the effects line. Oh, right. Cleric put an aid spell on me for HP: +5.

I glance at my character sheet or combat tracker and I see that my Max HP is 30 and I've taken 10 wounds. No problem. Wraith hits me for another 5 points of damage. Why am I making death saving throws??? Look at the effects line of the combat tracker. Oh, the wraith put the effects HP: -5, HP: -5, HP: -5 for the three times I got hit.

Trenloe
July 27th, 2014, 19:12
Sorry if this has been mentioned before or if it already a known issue. Class feature usage check boxes aren't unique to the individual class feature. What I mean by that is: if you have 2 class features (in my example, a second level fighter has Action Surge and Second Wind that can each be used once and become available again after a short rest) and you check off the usage of one, both features are checked.

Here is how I set up these class features:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/39085830/Screenshots/Fantasy%20Grounds/5E/Class%20Feature%201.JPG

Here is how they show in "Standard" mode:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/39085830/Screenshots/Fantasy%20Grounds/5E/Class%20Feature%202.JPG

And here is what happens if I check on (Action Surge), the other class feature is also checked and not usable (disappears from "Combat" mode):

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/39085830/Screenshots/Fantasy%20Grounds/5E/Class%20Feature%203.JPG

vodokar
July 27th, 2014, 20:08
Click the Magnifying Glass to the right of the Class Feature title. Make sure that uses per Rest/Day are set to 0 there.

Trenloe
July 27th, 2014, 21:03
Click the Magnifying Glass to the right of the Class Feature title. Make sure that uses per Rest/Day are set to 0 there.
Thanks for the hint. I didn't even see that magnifying glass in the title - doh! That appears to work OK now... Thanks again. :)

El Condoro
August 2nd, 2014, 08:21
Dragging and dropping parsed classes onto the PC sheet simulates level advancement - drop Rogue 3 times will make the PC 3rd level Rogue with all the abilities etc of the class. I did this as an experiment and got to 5th level and decided to see how multiclassing works. I dragged Fighter on 3 times and it seemed OK but when I dropped Fighter on a 4th time he got Indomitable, which a fighter doesn't get until 9th level. The PC sheet is adding the Rogue level 5 to the Fighter level 4 and adding the abilities for the total levels (9). Is that supposed to be how it works in 5E? p. 56 of the Basic rules seem to imply it should be for the class level, rather than the total level.

Zeus
August 3rd, 2014, 11:24
Dragging and dropping parsed classes onto the PC sheet simulates level advancement - drop Rogue 3 times will make the PC 3rd level Rogue with all the abilities etc of the class. I did this as an experiment and got to 5th level and decided to see how multiclassing works. I dragged Fighter on 3 times and it seemed OK but when I dropped Fighter on a 4th time he got Indomitable, which a fighter doesn't get until 9th level. The PC sheet is adding the Rogue level 5 to the Fighter level 4 and adding the abilities for the total levels (9). Is that supposed to be how it works in 5E? p. 56 of the Basic rules seem to imply it should be for the class level, rather than the total level.

Your right El Condoro, Class Features gained should be based off the Class Level not the Character Level (which is the combined total of all Class levels). This appears the be the case in the PHB as well.

kalannar
August 4th, 2014, 19:50
When i try to drop melf's acid arrow onto a character a script error is thrown: Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_power.lua"]:606: attempt to index local 'rDamage' (a nil value). The spell then is put into the first level category when it should be 2nd. The following is the db description of melf's acid arrow.

<melf_sacidarrow>
<name type="string">Melf's Acid Arrow</name>
<description type="formattedtext">
<p>A shimmering green arrow streaks toward a target within range and bursts in a spray of acid. Make a ranged attack roll against the target, with a bonus equal to your magic ability modifier + your spellcasting bonus, if any. On a hit, the target takes 3d6 acid damage immediately and 3d6 acid damage at the end of its next turn. On a miss, the arrow splashes the target with acid for half as much damage.</p>
<p>
<b>At Higher Levels</b>: When you cast this spell using a spell slot of 3rd level or higher, the initial damage increases by 1d6 for each level above 2nd.</p>
</description>
<level type="number">2</level>
<school type="string">Evocation</school>
<source type="string">Mage</source>
<castingtime type="string">1 action</castingtime>
<range type="string">100 feet</range>
<duration type="string">Instantaneous</duration>
<descriptors type="string"/>
</melf_sacidarrow>

Also in the skills when using the misc column, it adds the number placed in it to the skill total but doesn't use the total value when the skill is rolled.

Moon Wizard
August 5th, 2014, 09:21
Updates

[5E] Condition immunities removed from effects applied to immune targets.
[5E] Class links can now be dragged and dropped onto the classes detail window, just like PC Main tab.
[5E] Spell slot numerical fields now hidden on Actions tab unless in Preparation mode. Spell slot counters visible on Actions tab in non-Preparation modes if number of slots greater than 1 from Preparation mode.
[5E] Links from ability records opened on PC Abilities tab can be dragged and dropped onto Actions tab.
[5E] Spell/ability attack actions now support ability/prof modifiers and fixed modifiers, in addition to group modifiers.
[5E] Spell/ability save DC actions now support ability/prof modifiers, in addition to group and fixed modifiers.
[5E] Attack actions will be parsed for spells stating that a spell attack is called for.
[5E] Saving throw actions will be parsed for spells stating that targets must make or succeed on a saving throw.
[5E] Heal actions will be parsed from spell and power text.
[5E] Damage actions with "equal to" phrases will be parsed.
[FG] Client crash after GM clears drawing and draws new line outside of default drawing size. Fixed.
[CoreRPG+] Incorrect tooltip on clear targets button in GM combat tracker. Fixed.
[5E/4E/PFRPG/3.5E/C&C] Target removal when using remove on miss option would not work if attacker and defender did not have token on same map. Fixed.
[5E] Death saves continuing to roll for PCs in combat tracker who are dead. Fixed.
[5E] Components field in spell/power detail window was not locking when record locked or hiding when locked and field empty. Fixed.
[5E] Targets not being removed on successful saving throws when using Remove On Miss option. Fixed.
[5E] Effects not getting correct source and initiative information. Fixed.
[5E] When dragging and dropping classes to simulate class advancement, features were being added based on total level, not specific class level. Fixed.
[5E] Script error when parsing spells with ongoing damage effects. Fixed.
[5E] Skill miscellaneous modifier not being added to skill rolls. Fixed.

JPG

ShadeRaven
August 7th, 2014, 07:53
As always, huge props (!) for all the awesome work done on 5E. We are playing daily again (now that my 5-day Anniversary Celebration is over) and the VT is running great as the host for 5E.

Couple of minor issues to bring up after last two days:

Cosmetic. When opening creatures from the Combat Tracker, there's some wasted space as it shows Traits and Reactions even if they are empty. Not a real issue, but thought it might be a quick clean-up to remove.
Character Locking. Not sure how practical this is, but I'd still like to see characters lock unless in edit mode for various fields. Still have people accidentally turning on or off proficiency, save bonuses, etc., when they try to click on the fields. If that could be locked until (for example) Edit List was enabled, that would help avoid some accidental character changing.
Dodge. I know I can assign GRANTDISATK to the player, but I think having a Dodge effect that can be added to the CT would make it clearer.
Ammo. Would still love to see the check-box use on Ammo be tied to the attack of the weapon if Ammo>0.

At any rate, thanks again for listening on working on all this!
SR

ShadeRaven
August 10th, 2014, 00:12
Hey, Moon. Hope your weekend is going well. Hope these reports aren't annoying as heck.

Inventory: I am running into an issue with dragging and dropping Equipment from the Library (specifically, the PHB Parsed using Zeus' tool) to the Character Sheet. All the vital data is coming across, but the descriptive fields are not.

For example, when I open up Adventuring Gear Table in the Library, I'll see Climber's Kit.. with its cost, weight, and description below. When I drag it and drop it onto a character sheet, the name, weight, cost, subtype, etc., can all be found under the button for the inventory entry, but the description field is not coming across with it.

For some items, that descriptive/data text is pretty important. :)

As always, thanks for listening and working on this for us!
SR

PS: If they items are added as Campaign Items (from the Parser), their Item Tabs do not have the descriptive text in them at all. Looking at the XML I see the information stored as such:

<oil_flask>
<locked type="number">1</locked>
<name type="string">Oil, Flask</name>
<type type="string">Adventuring Gear</type>
<subtype type="string">Standard</subtype>
<cost type="string">1 sp</cost>
<weight type="number">1</weight>
<text type="formattedtext">
<p>Oil usually comes in a clay flask that holds 1 pint. As an action, you can splash the oil in this flask onto a creature within 5 feet of you or throw it up to 20 feet, shattering it on impact. Make a ranged attack against a target creature or object, treating the oil as an improvised weapon. On a hit, the target is covered in oil. If the target takes any fire damage before the oil dries (after 1 minute), the target takes an additional 5 fire damage from the burning oil. You can also pour a flask of oil on the ground to cover a 5-foot-square area, provided that the surface is level. If lit, the oil burns for 2 rounds and deals 5 fire damage to any creature that enters the area or ends its turn in the area. A creature can take this damage only once per turn.</p>
</text>
</oil_flask>

It's being kept in formattedtext, which shows up in the library but not on the campaign tabs. Not sure if that's insightful at all.

ShadeRaven
August 10th, 2014, 04:26
Request: Because of Medium Armor Master (Feat), we could use a DEX (Max 3) option now (or a MAX DEX numeric field there now).

ShadeRaven
August 10th, 2014, 13:56
Request: Effects on Attacks Rolls that involve bonus dice. (See: Bane and Bless spells for examples)

I am not sure if this is related to the Dice Features thread that looks to involve some enhancements to how die rolls can be handled. It would be great, though, if we could have the +1d4 or -1d4 added as an effect line, ie:
Bane;ATK: -[1d4]
Bless;ATK: +[1d4]

Probably not a simple request, but hopefully with the framework for attack penalties and bonuses in there already, adding a dice effect wouldn't be too hard.

As always, thank you for every consideration on requests and alterations!
SR

Trenloe
August 10th, 2014, 16:54
Request: Effects on Attacks Rolls that involve bonus dice. (See: Bane and Bless spells for examples)
Adding dice to attacks works now ATK: 1d4 but negative dice effects don't unfortunately.

Irondrake
August 10th, 2014, 19:36
BLESS;ATK:1d4;SAVE:1d4 is how I think I had mine set up. I will have to double check but it does work. I wish subtracting worked.

ShadeRaven
August 10th, 2014, 23:23
Ah, so it was just trying to set it up for Bane that was the problem?

Good to know! Thanks guys! :)

Moon Wizard
August 12th, 2014, 21:44
Thanks for all the reports. I'm in town for one day between week long travel events. (Leaving to work Gencon tomorrow.)

The 3.1 beta I was working on before 5E pushed it back actually supports "negative" dice. So, once I can get that version back on track, I should be able to add negative dice support.

Regards,
JPG

Moon Wizard
August 12th, 2014, 22:37
For item description missing, I've asked Zeus if he can change Par5E to output "description" tags instead of "text" tags for items. This is the format for every other CoreRPG-derived ruleset, so many features assume this input.

For now, I'll be updating the reference classes to use "description", which means that description goes away in the short term; but once Par5E is updated, the missing description text will be fixed.

Cheers,
JPG

Moon Wizard
August 12th, 2014, 23:07
Updates

[5E] Max Dex 3 option added to AC calculation to support Medium Armor Master.
[5E] Reference item classes now use same description field as Item tags. Requires Par5E changes before descriptive text visible across all item records.
[PFRPG/3.5E] Script error when using PCOVER effect tag. Fixed.

Also, this version has been pushed live.

Regards,
JPG

Moon Wizard
August 12th, 2014, 23:10
In the short term, those who have parsed the PHB and/or basic rules already, you can replace the '<text type="formattedtext">' and '</text>' tags with '<description type="formattedtext">' and '</description>' tags, respectively. Only do this in the root.reference5E*.equipmentdata section of your XML data file, since the other reference fields (class, race, etc) use "text" field still. Make sure to back up your data file before attempting this.

Cheers,
JPG

ShadeRaven
August 13th, 2014, 12:43
Awesome, thanks! I'll shift direction to the new thread for future reports.

Appreciation that you could even manage this during your travels! Hope you are enjoying the various venues you are visiting :)

Zeus
August 14th, 2014, 15:35
In the short term, those who have parsed the PHB and/or basic rules already, you can replace the '<text type="formattedtext">' and '</text>' tags with '<description type="formattedtext">' and '</description>' tags, respectively. Only do this in the root.reference5E*.equipmentdata section of your XML data file, since the other reference fields (class, race, etc) use "text" field still. Make sure to back up your data file before attempting this.

Cheers,
JPG

Fixed in the latest version of PAR5E for anyone who used the tool to parse their BR or PHB modules. Reparse them with the latest build 23.

kalannar
August 20th, 2014, 15:28
Found another bug in 5E. When i create an effect for my spell like "DISATK: melee, ranged" and drop it on a monster in the combat tracker, it adds the effect without the comma making the effect not work.