PDA

View Full Version : Error in CoreRPG Character Sheet

ianmward
July 19th, 2014, 06:31
Hi,

just found an error when creating a character in CoreRPG. When you add an Ability and edit it, there is a link button by the name but when you press it, it gives the error:
Runtime Error: desktop: Unable to create window with invalid class (char_ability_details : charsheet.id-00001.abilitylist.id-00001)

I guess it's a missing window class

Cheers

Ian

Moon Wizard
July 19th, 2014, 09:06
I'm not getting that error in my version. Are you running any extensions?

Regards,
JPG

ianmward
July 19th, 2014, 09:49
No.
Just to check, I removed my CoreRPG ruleset, updated to download it again, created a new campaign and reproduced:
open the character list
right click new character
click on the portrait to open it
give it a name 'test'
select abilities tab
right click new ability
give it a name 'test'
click link button to open the ability
click the link button on the top left by the name
get the error.
Runtime Error: desktop: Unable to create window with invalid class (char_ability_details : charsheet.id-00001.abilitylist.id-00001)

I did search for 'char_ability_details' in the CoreRPG and found that it is only appears once in file:
campaign/record_ability.xml on line: 79

<sheetdata>
<link_record_header>
<class>char_ability_details</class>
<description field="name" />
</link_record_header>

it is not defined anywhere that I can see...

Ian

Moon Wizard
July 19th, 2014, 10:08
Thanks for detailed steps. I'll look into it tomorrow.

JPG

Moon Wizard
July 19th, 2014, 18:44
It's working fine for me following your steps.

Can you check your rulesets subfolder under the FG data folder (open via folder icon in upper right of launch screen)?

Make sure that there are no ruleset "folders", only PAK files. Any ruleset folders will override the PAK files that are downloaded by the updater. It's done this way to allow people to work on ruleset development easier.

Regards,
JPG

ianmward
July 20th, 2014, 00:01
Hi,
Yes, I did check that. After your first response I suspected that may the issue as I had extracted the files to help in my development but I deleted the folder and the pak before updating to make sure.
I'll try on a second box when I get up, but did you look at the file? Is the link correct and if so, where should it find the missing char_ability_details class?

Cheers
Ian

Moon Wizard
July 20th, 2014, 00:45
OK, I found something. The link in the record window is incorrect. I thought you were talking about the link in the ability list, which is why I wasn't seeing anything wrong.

Regards,
JPG

ianmward
July 20th, 2014, 01:05
Cool, happy to help.

Ian