PDA

View Full Version : Speed

gloom
July 17th, 2014, 20:06
Hello, i'm a french canadian and i'm not so good in english, I use a translation software. I have a question about the speed. I'm a GM and i'm not able to advance the player with their speed. For example, in Pathfinder, the speed are in foot. On the board game, how can I do for advance a player with the speed write in my character sheet? Thank you very much and I have a nice day.

Trenloe
July 17th, 2014, 21:36
If you add a grid to a map this will allow lines drawn to show the distance.

Adding a grid: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Images#Grid

If you (the GM) lock the tokens the players movement will be shown with the distance (if you have a grid) and you can accept the movement to move the tokens: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Tokens#Movement

Andraax
July 18th, 2014, 01:27
If the tokens are locked, the GM can get a movement line as well by clicking and dragging with the middle mouse button...

gloom
August 8th, 2014, 20:55
If the tokens are locked, the GM can get a movement line as well by clicking and dragging with the middle mouse button...

Thank you, it help me very well. I have another question. I can get a movement line but how can I do for know and see the number of the distance by each character? Thanks a lot!

Andraax
August 8th, 2014, 21:03
The distance should display at the end of the movement line.

Trenloe
August 8th, 2014, 22:28
The distance should display at the end of the movement line.
Only if a grid is enabled on the map. Without a grid, FG doesn't know how to calculate the distance (as mentioned in post #2 above).

damned
August 8th, 2014, 22:46
Maybe Move Speed could be added to the Party Sheet?

Trenloe
August 8th, 2014, 23:12
Maybe Move Speed could be added to the Party Sheet?
It's available for NPCs under the "Offense" section of the Combat Tracker (press the sword icon). This makes it easier to see the move allowance for the currently active NPC. Unfortunately, the "<speed>" entry in the combat tracker doesn't get populated for a PC. :(

Perhaps the 3.5e code could be modified to add the PC speed.final and speed.special to the combat tracker when a PC is added?

For example, adding the following code to the linkPCFields() function in ct\scripts\ct_entry.lua in the 3.5e ruleset adds the PC speed in feet from the character sheet into the "Spd" (<speed>) field in the offense section of the PC entry on the combat tracker.

speed.setLink(nodeChar.createChild("speed.final", "number"), true);

Andraax
August 9th, 2014, 01:09
Interesting; it gets filled in on the combat tracker for the C&C ruleset.

Trenloe
August 9th, 2014, 01:16
Interesting; it gets filled in on the combat tracker for the C&C ruleset.
Yeah, C&C has the following code to do the link, similar to what I'm suggesting for the 3.5e ruleset above.

move.setLink(nodeChar.createChild("speed.total", "number"), true);

gloom
August 14th, 2014, 18:57
Yeah, C&C has the following code to do the link, similar to what I'm suggesting for the 3.5e ruleset above.

move.setLink(nodeChar.createChild("speed.total", "number"), true);

As I said, this is for Pathfinder, not for the 3.5e. By the way, your english is very complicated, I have difficulty with some words, is it possible to write like a beginner please? :P Thank you.

Trenloe
August 14th, 2014, 21:03
As I said, this is for Pathfinder, not for the 3.5e.
FYI Pathfinder is built on top of the 3.5e ruleset - it uses 99.9% of the 3.5e code, hence why most people will refer to the 3.5e code base even when talking about Pathfinder.