PDA

View Full Version : New FG Champions, Immortal Titles granted and a new official SmiteWorks team member

ddavison
July 17th, 2014, 16:52
New Immortal Titles Granted

This Title is not the same as the upcoming FG Champions title, but is an acknowledgement of significant contributions to the FG Community.

New Additions:

Dulux-oz
damned
dr_venture
Ikael

Previous and existing Immortals:

Doswelk
Griogre
joshuha
MurghBpurn
Oberoten
phantomwhale
Sigurd
Spkye
Trenloe
Valarian
Xorn

New Smiteworks Developer

Zeus

Zeph Ponos is officially joining the SmiteWorks team as a developer. Zeph is well known within the Fantasy Grounds community already and has contributed a number of great innovations, graphics and tools for the community under the handle, Zeus. Good things happen when you have Zeus on your side, and we are very excited to have Zeus on our side as an official Developer.

What sort of projects are you undertaking?

There are a number of projects that we will be undertaking together and we've already been working on the prototypes for some time. We will release more information about them in the coming weeks. The most immediate thing people will see is the 5E ruleset for D&D. We are in communication with Wizards of the Coast and we hope to gain approval to release the basic rules for Dungeons & Dragons as library modules for the new 5E ruleset and hopefully more. Much like with our 4E ruleset, you will find that there are some great bells and whistles with the new ruleset. Both John (Moon_Wizard) and Zeph have been plugging away and it is very far along at this stage.

As exciting as the 5E ruleset is to many of our users, I think you will be even more interested in the other items we've been working on. Stay tuned. Exciting times are ahead of us.

New FG Champions
Round 1:
damned
Dulux-Oz
bislab
OTG_Wraith

Round 2:
Several good candidates. Stay tuned.

Thanks for everyone who submitted an application. Just because you didn't get selected for the first round doesn't mean you won't make it into the program at a future date. The Round 1 Champions will help us level-set our expectations and will help us figure out the best way to run the program. Once we feel comfortable with the program, we will likely expand it further and add other qualified and enthusiastic people. Our other candidates are very good and could have probably been selected for Round 1 as well -- but we don't want to rush it at this stage.

Mellock
July 17th, 2014, 17:07
Congrats, looks like there's some fun times ahead!

Trenloe
July 17th, 2014, 17:11
Great news on Zeus joining officially as a developer!

Congratulations to damned, dr_venture and Dulux_oz (the three D's) to getting recognition of their excellent work for the FG community.

I'm looking forward to see how the new champions programme operates and hope to see lots of good things...

dulux-oz
July 17th, 2014, 17:16
Congrats to Zeus and the new Immortals and Champions!

I personally feel humbled and a little bit overawed at having being elevated to Immortal status, let alone being selected as a Champion in Round 1 - I'll try to do my best to be thought worthy of both roles - thankyou.

Cheers

Griogre
July 17th, 2014, 17:42
A bunch of good news! :D

Congrats to damned, delux-oz and dr_venture and the new champions bislab and OTG_Wraith.

Good luck to Zeus, I know you and Moon Wizard been working hard on 5E and it is appreciated.

ddavison
July 17th, 2014, 17:47
I forgot to add Ikael. If you've used Savage Worlds at all, you know how great his contributions have been. He is now listed as an Immortal.

Trenloe
July 17th, 2014, 17:55
I forgot to add Ikael. If you've used Savage Worlds at all, you know how great his contributions have been. He is now listed as an Immortal.
Awwww, that breaks the 3 D's! :(

Only joking, congrats Ikael - definitely earned. :)

Zeus
July 17th, 2014, 19:05
Thanks everyone, and congratulations to all of the new Immortals and Champions. Very well deserved. I'm also uber excited to have joined the Smiteworks development team, I literally can't wait to share some news on what we've been cooking. More on that in the not too distant future.

Exciting times. :)

OneSidedDie
July 17th, 2014, 19:30
Know how I know you made the right choices? These are the people who would do (and have done) the job without the title or incentive. The FG community is stronger for each and every one of their presences.

viresanimi
July 17th, 2014, 19:41
I literally can't wait to share some news on what we've been cooking

awwww... now you've made me all excited!!! Gratz on the job Zeus! And to the others too.

Vires Animi

RTFallen
July 17th, 2014, 21:09
Congratz to the new Immortals and Champions!

Resire

Valarian
July 17th, 2014, 21:31
Congratulations Zeus on your development appointment. Lots of good work to come I hope :)
Congrats too to the new Immortals. Welcome to Valhalla. May the Aesir lift you up and get you drunk :D

Nylanfs
July 17th, 2014, 21:48
FG will start cooking for us?? Awesome News!

ddavison
July 17th, 2014, 22:01
Cooking with gas -- as they say

Dakadin
July 17th, 2014, 22:24
Congrats to the new Immortals and Champions that is awesome news and very well deserved!

Irondrake
July 18th, 2014, 00:21
Great news! Congratulations all :)

Bidmaron
July 18th, 2014, 01:24
Congratulations!

Blacky
July 18th, 2014, 07:22
Great news, congratulations to all.

Doswelk
July 18th, 2014, 08:45
What!

You made damned an immortal?!

That means I am no longer first on then list :(

Seriously though, congratulations to all, I have to admit I had not noticed Ikael's wasn't an immortal! he's done much more for Savage Worlds than me!

well done all once again...

Tiqon
July 18th, 2014, 09:15
Gratz all new people with nifty new titles ;).

ddavison, I ALREADY TOLD YOU ON G+ "we have some exciting news for you... later" is SO unfair! It's like telling your kids you HAVE bought their gifts and the gifts are awesome, but they can't have them until christmas! Yeah so I might have a bit of Trauma from my childhood here. :S.

*sits down and grumbles with my back turned to Smiteworks*

I'll just be over here crying silently until you have some good new for me.

dulux-oz
July 18th, 2014, 09:15
Awwww, that breaks the 3 D's! :(

Isn't there 4 D's?

damned
July 18th, 2014, 09:40
... "we have some exciting news for you... later" is SO unfair! It's like telling your kids you HAVE bought their gifts and the gifts are awesome, but they can't have them until christmas! ...

wife ordered a Captain Jack Sparrow wig and sword for my 7yr old and it arrived today...
wife told Sam about it and hes been so pumped.
i managed to get home before them today and found the sword (its really cool and has some real weight about it...) and hid it. i then went and cut out a nice long sword from a thick cardboard box and wrapped the grip in tape.
when Sam got home he was so excited to see me standing there slashing left and right with the new sword - until he got his hands on it!
he tried so hard not to be disappointed with his "new sword".

https://www.fg-con.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/swords.jpg

Tiqon
July 18th, 2014, 09:53
wife ordered a Captain Jack Sparrow wig and sword for my 7yr old and it arrived today...
i managed to get home before them today and found the sword (its really cool and has some real weight about it...) and hid it. i then went and cut out a nice long sword from a thick cardboard box and wrapped the grip in tape.
when Sam got home he was so excited to see me standing there slashing left and right with the new sword - until he got his hands on it!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Very good one! I love being a dad too! :D

dulux-oz
July 18th, 2014, 14:34

And they call ME Evil!?!

damned
July 18th, 2014, 14:44
And they call ME Evil!?!

no.... i thought they called you something else (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?21488-Dice-features&p=179809&viewfull=1#post179809)?
i gotta get some sleep....

dulux-oz
July 18th, 2014, 15:32
no.... i thought they called you something else (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?21488-Dice-features&p=179809&viewfull=1#post179809)?
i gotta get some sleep....

OK, now you gonna pay! :dead:

Tiqon
July 18th, 2014, 16:33
OK, now you gonna pay! :dead:

Uh!

*finds some popcorn and sits down to watch*

ddavison
July 18th, 2014, 16:37
@ damned,

It's all fun and games until he takes your car around the block and leaves it parked half-way into the neighbor's garage as payback.

I mess with my son quite a bit like that too. I have a feeling my payback is accumulating for one big fiasco.

ddavison
July 18th, 2014, 16:38
What!

You made damned an immortal?!

That means I am no longer first on then list :(

Seriously though, congratulations to all, I have to admit I had not noticed Ikael's wasn't an immortal! he's done much more for Savage Worlds than me!

well done all once again...

Doswelk will now be referred to as underscore Doswelk. _Doswelk FTW!!!!

dulux-oz
July 18th, 2014, 16:43
Uh!

*finds some popcorn and sits down to watch*

Welcome Fight Fans, as the two Immortals from Down-Under face off in this once-in-a-lifetime-this-week event!

In the Red Corner, weighing in at 300lb, the devastating DULUX-OZ!

And in the Blue Corner, weighing in at... actually, we don't know how much, but a lot, the damned DAMNED!

So sit back and enjoy this spectacular pay-per-view event as these two.... CRACKLE BZZT FITIZ

What, you haven't paid? Oh well.

:p

OneSidedDie
July 18th, 2014, 22:02
Welcome Fight Fans, as the two Immortals from Down-Under face off in this once-in-a-lifetime-this-week event!

And in the Blue Corner, weighing in at... actually, we don't know how much, but a lot, the damned DAMNED!

So sit back and enjoy this spectacular pay-per-view event as these two.... CRACKLE BZZT FITIZ

I'm sensing an early FG-Con here. Sell seats, take bets. You could pay fo the entire Champions program in one go.

dr_venture
July 18th, 2014, 22:58
Congrats all and thanks for the kind nod, Smiteguys... it's so hard to make a small software biz successful, especially when you consider the amount of work involved. Thanks for all your hard work Smiteguys (you too, Zeus!) and community folks, and I hope I've done my little part to keep the momentum building. It's a great group up here on the forums.

OTG_Wraith
July 19th, 2014, 01:13
Thanks all, I suppose the best way to show my appreciation is give you guys more videos. Be looking for a new let's play from me in Aug. and a couple of playtesting videos of a new user-made ruleset. If you have any games or playtests that you would like covered, let me know and I'll try and schedule it.

Let's show the non-FG players just what they are missing!

damned
July 19th, 2014, 07:06

Bwaaahhaaahhaaaaa....

https://www.fg-con.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/damned-v-dulux.jpg

Dakadin
July 19th, 2014, 07:42
Bwaaahhaaahhaaaaa....

I would definitely pay to see that. :p

dulux-oz
July 19th, 2014, 07:47
Bwaaahhaaahhaaaaa....

Nice self-portrait damned - where did you find a lens big enough to capture all of you? :p

dulux-oz
July 19th, 2014, 07:49
I mess with my son quite a bit like that too. I have a feeling my payback is accumulating for one big fiasco.

As my daughter pointed out to me not that long ago, be careful how you treat your kids, its them who will choose your nursing home! :(

damned
July 19th, 2014, 08:29
Nice self-portrait damned - where did you find a lens big enough to capture all of you? :p

Google Earth.

Ikael
July 22nd, 2014, 21:32
Congrats Zeus, Champions, new Immortal D's and whole community itself! This new approach from SmiteWorks can be really powerful in sense of increasing FG popularity. Very nice idea and move I must say. But one questions: Do I have to eat or drink anything anymore since I am Immortal :p?

ddavison
July 22nd, 2014, 21:55
I know first hand that Immortals like to consume lots of delicious libations.

hangarflying
July 31st, 2014, 22:31
Three cheers, and a tiger!

dulux-oz
August 1st, 2014, 05:13
I know first hand that Immortals like to consume lots of delicious libations.

I hash no idea whash you're talking about! <hic>

Zeus
August 1st, 2014, 10:13
I hash no idea whash you're talking about! <hic>

He He. I'm looking forward to October this year. Oktoberfest FTW!

Mask_of_winter
August 1st, 2014, 10:46
Congratulations to all new divinities of the FG Pantheon!
I come with offerings!
*lays down a basket full of snacks, sodas and d20's*

dulux-oz
August 1st, 2014, 11:25
Congratulations to all new divinities of the FG Pantheon!
I come with offerings!
*lays down a basket full of snacks, sodas and d20's*

WHAT!!! No food (in bar-form) from our fellow Immortal Mars???

And what about the libations???

Hmmm - well, considering the many d20's, I suppose we can let you off THIS TIME.

*grabs snacks and soda*

Just *munch munch* don't forget *slurp* next time - I'll have you know that I am on very good terms with Orrie (the Internet Oracle to you) and he's been known to lend me his Staff of ZOT every now and them.

So there!

damned
August 1st, 2014, 15:19
He He. I'm looking forward to October this year. Oktoberfest FTW!

Oktoberfest?
Dont you mean FG Con (https://www.fg-con.com)?

Zeus
August 1st, 2014, 21:21
Oktoberfest?
Dont you mean FG Con (https://www.fg-con.com)?

Of course, FGCon too!