PDA

View Full Version : Creature (NPC) Immunities, Resists, and Vulnerabilities

ShadeRaven
July 16th, 2014, 23:56
Question: In the current iteration, is there a format on the NPC sheets that allows Vulnerabilities, Resists, and Immunities to automatically populate the combat tracker when an NPC is added? I tried a few different wordings, formats, but had no luck. Certainly not hard to add after creatures are added, but it is nice to have it auto-fill for me.

I am probably missing something obvious, but it eludes me currently.

As always, thanks!
SR

Irondrake
July 17th, 2014, 07:04
It seems to trigger on specific wording from old playtests right now. It hasn't been updated yet to the current creature format.

Tomorrow I will look into some of my working examples and post them.

El Condoro
July 17th, 2014, 07:34
I've halted all work with the parser until the new version comes out. I am assuming there will be quite a few changes in line with the new formats and things like resistances, vulnerabilities and reactions will be handled differently. In the meantime I have made an Excel sheet that I can put information into, have it in a format that the parser recognises and copy/paste it into a text file. I am waiting for the new parser to see what changes I need to make to that, too. Then it will be all go, go, go... :)

Irondrake
July 17th, 2014, 13:45
I ended up manually inputing the monsters from the basic set because I have a group that expects to keep playing ;) I didn't have a PDF copy of the monsters anyway so it was just as easy to create each entry. We're full steam ahead with the Lost Mine of Phandelver. Here's an example of the way I did resistances and immunities for the Flameskull so that it parsed them correctly in the combat tracker. And if you are a player this may be a spoiler alert so uh, stop reading...I didn't see any Spoiler Tags.

Trait title is Damage Resistance, trait text is: The flameskull is resistant to lightning, necrotic, piercing

For Damage Immunities the trait title is Immunities, the trait text is: The flameskull is immune to cold, fire, and poison. The flameskull cannot be charmed, frightened, paralyzed, or poisoned

Zeus
July 17th, 2014, 22:39
PAR5E support the new 5E Stat Block as per the Start Set Box Set / Lost Mine of Phandelver Adventure module. We are working on the 5E ruleset at the moment and gearing up or the next iterated test release. The latest version includes support for NPC's damage vulnerabilities, damage resistances, damage immunities and condition immunities. We have also added new and separate fields for Skills and Saving Throws and Level has been changed to CR.

As soon a the new test version of the ruleset is released, I'll release the updated version of PAR5E.

Irondrake
July 17th, 2014, 23:09
Fantastic!