PDA

View Full Version : 5E Ruleset Requests

Irondrake
July 16th, 2014, 02:19
Reactions:

I know this is still early and you guys are working hard at getting updates ready, but I wanted to get this posted while it was on my mind. Is there a possibility of adding an option to pause/prompt for Reactions from the targeted player or the DM if an NPC is targeted after a successful attack is rolled? This could be a toggle option for those who do not like it. The reason for this option is I'm finding that some reactions can reverse what has happened (a landed hit actually missed, etc) and it would be easier to resolve these before damage is rolled rather than having to fix things afterwards. If an NPC has no reaction listed then this prompt could be skipped altogether to help speed up play. It may also help players who are very new and not used to the Reaction system to get involved and start using those abilities that they do have.

Moon Wizard
July 16th, 2014, 22:11
You could turn off showing results to the players. It accomplishes a similar result. (I.e. Players don't know if they hit or not until you tell them. )

I'd like to let this request "season" a bit to really understand the need.

Regards,
JPG

Irondrake
July 16th, 2014, 23:33
Sounds good, I'd like to know how others handle reactions as well once they start running more 5E sessions.