PDA

View Full Version : {online campaign over fg}

daddystabz
July 15th, 2014, 01:03
Anyone interested in running an online D&D 5e campaign over FG? I played one session with some local friends where I DM'ed and we want to move the game to FG now. We have built-in players, I only need a good, dedicated DM.

We live in the U.S. eastern time zone.

Any interest?

daddystabz
July 17th, 2014, 23:03
No interest at all????

Irondrake
July 18th, 2014, 00:23
I have two campaigns going now, focused 100% on 5E...and have been since the early playtests. I wish I could, I just don't think I can squeeze another game in...not without possibly sacrificing a marriage ;)

daddystabz
July 18th, 2014, 06:51
Need any players?

ShadeRaven
July 20th, 2014, 01:17
I am in the exact same boat as Irondrake. Running fully dedicated 5E games in FG right now to great reception and I don't currently have any openings for new players (though a couple of those who play have come from these boards).

Just keep an eye out for posts here where DMs are looking for players. You might find that there will be more openings and DMs looking once more material is released for 5E.

Irondrake
July 20th, 2014, 18:01
I could possibly take a cleric in our Saturday game. That game is a little more freeform and set in my own world. The Wednesday game is set in Forgotten Realms and currently running Lost Mine of Phandelver. That game will move on to Hoard of the Dragon Queen when it releases. My games may be a little different from what people are used to in this age of technology. We're kind of old-school in our approach to online gaming. We do not use voice. Our games exist solely within chat environment (typing). Some of my players have been with me since I ran games on GEnie this way, and my whole group seems to prefer it this way. I used to work with TSR Online as an online host and game master...that was...day or two ago ;)

ShadeRaven
July 20th, 2014, 19:14
Oh, the stories we could swap of "the good ol' days"!

I have way too much fun with voice and sound effects to want to give up that particular aspect of roleplaying, though, so I am not quite so willing to go retro as you. ;)

daddystabz
July 21st, 2014, 06:53
I really want to start with the Lost Mine and then Hoard, etc. playing all of them eventually.

damned
July 21st, 2014, 08:52
I have two campaigns going now, focused 100% on 5E...and have been since the early playtests. I wish I could, I just don't think I can squeeze another game in...not without possibly sacrificing a marriage ;)

is it a good marriage?
just think... sacrifice one marriage and get how many games in return?

Irondrake
July 21st, 2014, 19:18
Its been pretty good for the past 21 years...for the most part ;) She doesn't read these boards so....

ShadeRaven
July 21st, 2014, 23:56
Its been pretty good for the past 21 years...for the most part ;) She doesn't read these boards so....I genuinely laughed out loud.

In 11 days, the lady of my life and I shall celebrate our 21st as well. I feel very fortunate indeed to be able to share that adventure with her.

And if I said anything different, I'd be making death saving throws.

I'll be running for my life now... https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/images/smilies/tongue.png

damned
July 22nd, 2014, 01:41
well @Irondrake and @ShadeRaven - that is worth celebrating.

FSHSchmo
July 23rd, 2014, 22:03
I am working on getting everything input to start running a 5E campaign so I will be looking for players in about a week or so if you don't find a game. One thing of note is that this will be my first time running a game over FG so patience will be needed :D

Tidomann
July 25th, 2014, 13:21
I am working on getting everything input to start running a 5E campaign so I will be looking for players in about a week or so if you don't find a game. One thing of note is that this will be my first time running a game over FG so patience will be needed :D

Send me a message when your ready to accept applications!

daddystabz
July 25th, 2014, 19:31
Please notify me when you are ready!

Dershem
July 26th, 2014, 00:41
If it wasn't for doing all the data entry to parse everything I would. Running a game = fun parsing & coding = /wrists lol

daddystabz
July 29th, 2014, 01:01
Are you about ready to get this FG 5e game going?

lordsoth
July 29th, 2014, 04:11
As some point I'm going to run a 5e game using FG2, but at the very least I'm going to wait until the DMG comes out.

It will most likely be a Dragonlance campaign.

Dershem
July 29th, 2014, 04:46
That would be awesome