PDA

View Full Version : Classic Monsters has been released

dr_venture
July 13th, 2014, 03:21
I haven't seen any announcement on it yet, so I figured I'd serve my own interests here (and the community's, of course!) by making sure y'all knew that Smiteworks released my Classic Monsters port. I made sure to get all the images included in the monster descriptions (at least for the ones that have images) so that the CK can share them with the players if they want to -- I still remember showing the players images of monsters from the Monster Manual or from a module back in the day, and that seemed like a natural functionality for FG. Enjoy!

JohnD
July 13th, 2014, 03:34
Excellent... on my list of things to sneak into the credit card purchase history along with the CK Guide. Does this come with tokens as well?

dr_venture
July 13th, 2014, 04:04
Sadly, it does not. I had only the PDF of the game supplement to work with, and about a third of the creatures (or maybe more) had images. So those are included where possible, but unfortunately no tokens.

Andraax
July 13th, 2014, 16:15
I noticed a problem: the throat leech has a HD entry of "1(d4)(1hp)" - if you drop this onto the CT, it shows up as "41hp". Pretty tough guy, that... :-)

dr_venture
July 13th, 2014, 16:31
Good catch... I wonder what changed? I actually used this guy straight from the module in our regular game and he worked fine there... weird.

Thanks for the bug I also found a really simple formatting bug in one of the preamble pages that I'd like to clear up while we're at it. Depending on the process, maybe I'll wait a little while to see if any other bugs pop up and roll them into one update -- I'll check with Doug about the process of releasing updates.

JohnD
September 9th, 2014, 19:13
Purchased.