View Full Version : The Confirmation 17/7/2014 8pm BST

hawkwind
July 12th, 2014, 16:31
By popular demand

calendar link https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=1225
post your xml's here assuming you are all playing new characters

cmdisc
July 12th, 2014, 16:57
I'm interested as long as it's any day but Tues. Evening (GMT) is preferable also.

Logus Blithe
Lvl 1 Archaeologist (reach weapon)

I will be playing him on Tues, so I'll post his updated XML and latest Chronicle on Wed assuming he survives.

Rose Claymore
July 12th, 2014, 16:57
I've love to play this again! I'm sure there's some class I haven't experimented with... maybe a druid (Gandalf or Merlin styled nature wizard) or that Jeckel & Hyde alchemist I've been thinking about.

Skellan
July 12th, 2014, 17:18
oh, you can play this once at level 2?

kwarner1986
July 12th, 2014, 17:23
I'm interested as well,
I'll bring my Level 2 Ice Sorceress Evelyn assuming she survives on Tuesday.
I'm off all day on Thursday so time isn't a problem, however I need to know the exact time. Can you update that in the calandar. I'm not sure what 8pm BST translates to US EST

Skellan
July 12th, 2014, 17:28
I am in - character to follow shortly

hawkwind
July 12th, 2014, 17:49
I'm interested as well,
I'll bring my Level 2 Ice Sorceress Evelyn assuming she survives on Tuesday.
I'm off all day on Thursday so time isn't a problem, however I need to know the exact time. Can you update that in the calandar. I'm not sure what 8pm BST translates to US EST it will start at 3pm your time

Carog the Fat
July 12th, 2014, 19:34
yes i will be there fighter 1 evoker 1

cmdisc
July 12th, 2014, 19:36
That's 9pm for me. Perfect! :)

Skellan, this is a rare scenario that can be played again and again for credit for any of your 1st level characters (once each, I believe) and can be applied for credit to any 2nd level character once each for playing and GMing.

And with three 2nd lvls and two 1st we're aiming for a Subtier 2 by the looks of it.

xazil
July 12th, 2014, 20:48
Sounds interesting does it have some variability to allow for replay? I'm signed up to play this a con next month is all.

hawkwind
July 12th, 2014, 20:58
More than most PFS modules, if there are loads of experienced players using second level characters I will probably crank the difficulty level to the maximum permitted

Malkavian_Andi
July 12th, 2014, 21:28
Here's my character, with 1 XP already, so only level 1.

xazil
July 13th, 2014, 08:36
I'm fine stepping out, you have plenty of bodies. Good luck all. :)

hawkwind
July 13th, 2014, 09:33
I tried to pick people on a first come basis of who has posted in this thread how ever in my experience at least one player will drop out so your chances of playing are good

xazil
July 13th, 2014, 09:47
Its ok, I have to go out of my way to make the time so Im glad you at least flagged active/pending. :)

ShaneConvey
July 13th, 2014, 10:07
I am up for this, have a new PFS character to run with. Please let me know if I am good to go... Thanks

cmdisc
July 13th, 2014, 11:17
I see this is a popular scenario. I have the pdf for it. Hawk, if you're willing to share your .db file after the Thurs session, I might be willing to run it sometime in the near future as my time allows.

kwarner1986
July 13th, 2014, 14:43
I'll have my character and xml for you on Tuesday, looks like I may have to play as a backup.

Skellan
July 13th, 2014, 20:43
All Elston's info is located here. Please not: he will make 2nd level by the time we play this. (or be dead)

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/zgg57n0ezy6h883/AADy3rP0heIvMcQoDYjL3mAga

Rose Claymore
July 13th, 2014, 21:21
I was going to built a new druid for this, but I'm thinking my concept for a druid makes for a rather horrible level 1 character (starts to kick in at level 3 though), so I might opt to play a pregen. Of those I prefer to wizard, but seeing how the groups seems to be filling up with bards and sorcerers I'd be happy with Kyra the Cleric.

Since we have some time, I'll fiddle around with stats, maybe end up building an alternate character who I can rebuild when he reaches level 2.

Skellan
July 13th, 2014, 21:51
I dont mind, play whatever you like

hawkwind
July 13th, 2014, 22:20
You are welcome to it but be warned I do a light conversion compared to some as I just doing stats, maps and hand outs, I don't bother with the main body of the text as I prefer to have it either printed out or have the pdf loaded up on a second screen

Skellan
July 13th, 2014, 22:29
Run it how you want mate. The main thing I would be worried about is getting my character locked in a game as I need him for paizocon. If its going to run to more than one session I will either make way for someone else or play another character

hawkwind
July 13th, 2014, 22:33
I aim to do it in one session. I have run it once before and in completed it in three and a half hours

hawkwind
July 13th, 2014, 22:36
I am also going to do the chronicle sheets in advance

Carog the Fat
July 14th, 2014, 16:28
Hi,

My xml and last chronicle are here

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4i5u45e66lz6nw6/AAB6mmcW96NlZWZ5bjSjyqgAa

kwarner1986
July 16th, 2014, 08:56
Evelyn leaves another day despite leeches. Everything you need is attached below. Since I'm not accepted on the calendar I assume I am in the backup role and will be on standby Thursday to play.

cmdisc
July 16th, 2014, 11:57
Yeah that whole scenario was just muck, slime, and more water than he'd ever like to see. Remind Logus never to book a vacation there.

Attached is his info. Any questions, let me know.

Rose Claymore
July 16th, 2014, 22:37
Sadly I must bow out. My schedule got rearranged tomorrow to the point I cannot be sure I can make it to the game on time. If later in the afternoon (for me) I could, but as it is only if my morning goes exceptionally smoothly will I have any chance of making it in time. Just as well as I still don't know exactly what I want to play anyway, and I'd rather play something I'd really enjoy later than something that just gets me through a scenario now.

Skellan
July 16th, 2014, 22:48
All my info is located here https://www.dropbox.com/sh/zgg57n0ezy6h883/AADy3rP0heIvMcQoDYjL3mAga

hawkwind
July 17th, 2014, 07:52
Evelyn leaves another day despite leeches. Everything you need is attached below. Since I'm not accepted on the calendar I assume I am in the backup role and will be on standby Thursday to play. looks like you are playing as Dust raven is unable to play and the other sub player isn't on the game calendar any more

hawkwind
July 17th, 2014, 07:56
server details for tonight

server smelly gate scrawny monk

team speak server will be voice.fg-con.com password Dungeoneers

xazil
July 17th, 2014, 09:56
Yeah, Im past the time I could organise to be able to play so I removed my signup. Good luck all and have fun. :)

hawkwind
July 17th, 2014, 13:43
Yeah, Im past the time I could organise to be able to play so I removed my signup. Good luck all and have fun. :)
ok may be some other time xazil

the APL is 1.5 do people want to play up or down?

cmdisc
July 17th, 2014, 15:09
Since we have 6, I'd vote for up. But I'm fine with down if that's the consensus.

Skellan
July 17th, 2014, 15:19
Not sure, but I think we have to play up. *ahem* we will be fine :D

Malkavian_Andi
July 17th, 2014, 15:36
It says "You should always round to the nearest whole number.", so I suppose that also means rounding mathematically, bringing us to subtier 2.
Anyways, I'm an archer, so I can't complain about squishyness issues :P
Also, I won't complain about gaining out-of-subtier gold instead of subtier 1 gold ^^

Trenloe
July 17th, 2014, 15:47
It says "You should always round to the nearest whole number.", so I suppose that also means rounding mathematically, bringing us to subtier 2.
There's a post from Mike Brock somewhere deep in the Paizo forums (can't find it at the moment, paizo.com isn't responding) that says if the APL is exactly x.5 then the players can choose if that rounds up or down. Hopefully there will be some clarification on this in the Season 6 PFS guide coming out next month - we'll have to wait and see...

hawkwind
July 17th, 2014, 16:10
That's what it says in the module

Skellan
July 17th, 2014, 16:12
Fair enough. I vote play up. But I am reckless like that. I am happy to go along with whatever the group wants.

Malkavian_Andi
July 17th, 2014, 17:17
There's a post from Mike Brock somewhere deep in the Paizo forums (can't find it at the moment, paizo.com isn't responding) that says if the APL is exactly x.5 then the players can choose if that rounds up or down. Hopefully there will be some clarification on this in the Season 6 PFS guide coming out next month - we'll have to wait and see...Thanks. I was sure I had read something like that somewhere but didn't remember where. And it wasn't in the Guide ^^

I'm ok with playing up. All I'm asking the rest to do in that case is not letting anything dangerous get near me :P As long as I can comfortably shoot things from a distance, I'm fine.

hawkwind
July 17th, 2014, 17:42
ok you can make final decision at the start of the session. Theserver is now up

cmdisc
July 17th, 2014, 18:55
I'm in the game. Running into a small problem. Oddly, the 0-level spells are not showing up PF style. They are listed as having only so many uses per day. Not sure if I did something wrong or if a ruleset isn't loading right. My local version that I imported has it correctly, but when it loads, it's off. <shrug>

kwarner1986
July 17th, 2014, 19:08
I'm in the game, however my character is in the list. I can select someone else's character? Evelyn not loaded?

cmdisc
July 17th, 2014, 19:42
It looks like the server is set up with the 3.5 D&D ruleset.

Skellan
July 17th, 2014, 19:46
I am not sure you can change it once you have chosen a ruleset for the campaign. The best way might be to create a new PFRPG campaign and then copy over the maps etc from the folders in the old one?

cmdisc
July 18th, 2014, 00:43
Great job everyone. We actually survived.

And no leeches!

hawkwind
July 18th, 2014, 06:08
Sorry for the screw up on the rule set but it ask turned out OK in the end. I experienced a very heavy thunder storm late last night and I didn't get much sleep and my electrics went so I guess the house must have had a near miss. As a result the chronicle sheets might be a bit later than promised but I will get them done today

hawkwind
July 18th, 2014, 07:24
check your pm's

ShaneConvey
July 18th, 2014, 14:00
thanks for the sheet mike, Do i need to send it back to you or anything? or just fill my bits in and save it..?

Cheers

cmdisc
July 18th, 2014, 14:09
Yes, if you need them back, I've filled it out and scanned it, so I can post that here if you like. Otherwise we're good to go.

hawkwind
July 18th, 2014, 14:12
No you keep it and show it to your next gm

ShaneConvey
July 18th, 2014, 14:16
also, I am assuming I need a full copy of Adobe Acrobat in order to save these things, as I have input my info and tried to save, only to be told adboe reader can only save a blank copy/...?

hawkwind
July 18th, 2014, 14:23
What are you currently using as a pdf reader? A bog standard reader on a play should work

hawkwind
July 18th, 2014, 14:26
I have the free version of acrobat 11 and it saves fine

ShaneConvey
July 18th, 2014, 14:26
adobe reader X, and it wont let me save them with details....

hawkwind
July 18th, 2014, 14:28
well as i said it works fine on mine, have you tried saving the file under a new file name?

ShaneConvey
July 18th, 2014, 14:33
I did try to do that but the same occurred, I will work it out, maybe just get adobe 11

Skellan
July 18th, 2014, 14:49
Your phone might be able to scan - dunno if that helps you

hawkwind
July 18th, 2014, 15:57
i forgot to post your skill day job rolls

here they as copied from the chat log

Whisper: [SKILL] Craft (Bows) [MOD:INT] [1d20+8 = 28]
Carog: [SKILL] Survival [1d20+5 = 20]
Elston: Thanks for running Hawkwind
Logus: [SKILL] Perform (Dance) [MOD:CHA] [EFFECTS +2] [1d20+8 = 27]
Evelyn Frostburn: [SKILL] Profession (scribe) [MOD:WIS] [1d20+5 = 18]
Whisper: [SKILL] Craft (Bows) [MOD:INT] [28]

hawkwind
July 18th, 2014, 15:58
you can always print it out write in your details then scan or take a photo of it

ShaneConvey
July 20th, 2014, 08:05
I have solved the problem now, thanks all.

I downloaded Adobe XI. it seems Adobe X was not able to do what most other editions do....

Guess thats why it got upgraded.

ShaneConvey
July 20th, 2014, 08:07
Mike, are you planning on running an adventure for level 4?... I need to get 2 xp to boost my Barbarian and apply the DD sheet...

cmdisc
July 20th, 2014, 11:19
Hey Hawkwind, I just wanted to point out that according to the PFS site, Logus earned 0 Prestige for The Confirmation. Not sure if that was an error on their part or if there's something they still want from you.

If it's on their end, I'll go ahead and "Report a problem" regarding it.

Cheers.

hawkwind
July 20th, 2014, 22:24
I'll check Tomorrow

hawkwind
July 22nd, 2014, 15:29
Hey Hawkwind, I just wanted to point out that according to the PFS site, Logus earned 0 Prestige for The Confirmation. Not sure if that was an error on their part or if there's something they still want from you.

If it's on their end, I'll go ahead and "Report a problem" regarding it.

Cheers.
corrected

cmdisc
July 22nd, 2014, 16:39
Thanks for that. :)

kwarner1986
July 23rd, 2014, 01:51
Hey Hawkwind, sorry I haven't been the quick on my paperwork. I'll have it to you shortly. However I wanted to mention that you gave the credit to the wrong character,
Should have went to Evelyn Frostburn 118469-1, however you gave the credit to 118469-2 Leona of Light (now renamed Rebecca Mercer).

That file would not open for me, I don't know if it's corrupted, but I attempted download it twice, but no success. I've uploaded my last chronicle sheet and I went ahead a made a pre-chronicle sheet for this event. I think all you need to do is review it for errors, put the scenario number in, and sign off on it. If you can mail that back to me that would be great. Thanks in advance. No rush, I'm taking two weeks off to visit family.

hawkwind
July 23rd, 2014, 08:03
I can't just son your pre form as it's says not valid on it and the gold calculation is wrong. I have redone your sheet but try using the latest version of acrobat reader. Shane had a similar problem

kwarner1986
July 23rd, 2014, 23:30
Hey perfect I can open it, the only thing that I saw on there was the Prestige and Fame was messed up. Should have currently 8 Fame and 4 Prestige. Wouldn't make much sense if I had more Prestige then Fame. Other then that thanks for the session.

hawkwind
July 24th, 2014, 11:42
I just blindly copied what was on your pre chronicle

Here I'd a amend Version