PDA

View Full Version : Do you want to be an FG Champion? FG Volunteer Reward System Draft

ddavison
July 11th, 2014, 17:51
Fantasy Grounds Champion Program

The Fantasy Grounds Immortals Program is a collection of volunteers dedicated to the growth of Fantasy Grounds as the premier virtual tabletop for online roleplaying games. Being a member will provide you with early access to material and information on the future direction of FG, enhanced visibility within the community and additional perks as Fantasy Grounds grows. Our mission is to expand the FG user base through regular scheduled product demos, postings on social sites and video channels and at conventions.

What are the Prerequisites for Applying?

To become an FG Immortal, you must :
Own a Full or Ultimate license of Fantasy Grounds
Have in-depth knowledge of one or more game systems
Be friendly, respectful, organized, dependable and knowledgeable
Have familiarity with Social Sites like Google+, Facebook, YouTube or Twitter

What will I be required to do as an FG Immortal?
SmiteWorks is looking for a wide variety of talents so that the FG Immortal program will be as successful as possible. How you can contribute will depend on your own skills and motivation, but we could use as much support as possible. You will be responsible for activities totaling 50 points or more each month and reporting those back to SmiteWorks in a format to be determined later. Rewards will be given out each month to all Immortals who met their goal. You can remain an FG Immortal as long as you don’t lapse for more than 3 months in a row. That should allow people to contribute at a pace at which they feel comfortable.

Activity Points

Points Earned: Activity

+1: Posting an FG related post to the Fantasy Grounds Social Site pages
Facebook, Google+, Steam or Twitter
(max +1 per day per site).
*As an example, you could post 3 different posts to FB, G+, Steam and Twitter in a single week and receive +12 points for the week – as long as they were posted on 3 different days.
+1: Posting an FG related post to a third-party gaming site
(examples: ENWorld, RPG.NET, Obsidian Portal, Paizo.com, Wizards.com)
Other sites and forums may qualify but must have a minimum membership of 1500 members.
+5: Create a new video
2.5 minutes or more about FG and post it publicly to YouTube
+10: Host a demo session at a gaming convention
(30 mins minimum. 5 sessions max per month)
It must be an officially listed event for the convention.
+10: Host a demo session at your local game store
(30 mins minimum, 3 sessions max per month)
It should be advertised in advance at the game store by at least 2 days.
+15: Host a demo session online.
It must be advertised online at least 2 days in advance, attended by at least 3 new players, and run for a minimum of 1 hour. This can be combined with a posted recap of the session if you like for additional points.
+5: Satisfactorily answer a support request on the Steam forums or FG Forums
Don’t get ninja’d by Moon_wizard, ddavison, Trenloe or another Immortal or it won’t count.  Only the first successful response will count.
Max +25 points per month.

What do I get for my efforts?
Aside from knowing that you are helping FG grow, you will also receive $50 worth of product each month. Additional unspent credits will carry over from month-to-month. We want you to be excited about the product and what you get for rewards, so you can list the products you want on your monthly activity report and they will be added to your account if you have enough points to cover the cost.

How do I apply?
Fill out the sheet attached below and email it back in electronic form to [email protected]

We will review all applicants and choose a select group of users we believe will provide sufficient coverage for our outreach work. If you are not accepted in the initial batch of FG Immortals, please note that you may be contacted to join at a later date, once we determine if there is room for more volunteers.

Application Form (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/filelibrary/FantasyGround ImmortalsProgram.pdf)

Nylanfs
July 11th, 2014, 18:48
Hmm.... :)

unerwünscht
July 11th, 2014, 19:10
WOW. The amount of loot I could have earned when I was still active in the gaming community. Unfortunately at this point have have closed gaming army down, and lost all faith in the gaming community.

joshuha
July 11th, 2014, 19:56
I know I don't post on here anymore but this is a great idea in general.

ddavison
July 11th, 2014, 19:58
WOW. The amount of loot I could have earned when I was still active in the gaming community. Unfortunately at this point have have closed gaming army down, and lost all faith in the gaming community.

I tried to add several items that some of our active community members are already doing. Feedback on the volunteer program is always welcome -- privately or publicly. :)

RTFallen
July 12th, 2014, 00:10
Sent an app. I'm a newbie here, but still would like to help out.

ddavison
July 12th, 2014, 00:45
Thanks RTFallen. The response so far has been fantastic. I'm going to hold out for a little while before announcing the first round of Immortals. Since this is a new thing for us, I'm planning to roll it out in stages. If it works as expected, I will plan to increase the Immortals program to continue to add more people over time as we grow.

dulux-oz
July 12th, 2014, 04:48
Personally, I think the points for doing a video are too low - it takes me several hours (over 10) to produce each Tutorial Video I have done to the quality that they have. In comparison to other activities (eg Hosting a Demo session, which only has to go for 30 min or an hour) it's clearly unbalanced, especially as the videos are "permanent" while the sessions are one-offs. So you know what will happen - I'll simply break each video into 2.5 minute chunks - and with the Intro to each one and the Copyright Conclusion at the end, there'll be about 20 seconds of useful information in each one. That'll earn me approx. 300 points per (existing) video :p

What I'd like to see is the points for a video be worth say, 1 point a minute of run-time or something similar.

And what about points for creating Extensions? Some sort of points system for Extensions should be done as well, based on the size and usefulness of the Extension (as decided on a case by case basis by Doug, Moon and/or some of the other Immortals).

And for that matter, what about things like my Custom Pointers Toolkit (as an example) - that's gotta be worth something - or Community Rulesets.

Actually, come to think of it, if someone does something that is permanent (an Extension, a Ruleset, a Tutorial Video) shouldn't they be acknowledged with on-going, monthly points (provided the creation is still up-to-date, working, etc). All of these activities are long-lasting; all of the other things listed are pretty much one-offs and only really apply in the month they are done. Or you could have two classes of Immortals: Immortals and Eternals (Developer Immortals, for example), with Eternals retaining their status for 6 months or until their creation(s) are deemed no-longer up-to-date, or some other criteria.

Just my $0.02 worth.

Cheers

Tiqon
July 12th, 2014, 09:24
I've been thinking about this. A lot. And I wanted to share my thoughts;

First of all I have not, and will not sign up to this. I am (semi)active in the community I think and I try to help when I know something, but I want to keep active on my own terms. If I have goals, and feel some kind of obligation to actually do what I should do because I want to, it becomes work. Belive me I have ENOUGH work already ;).

Also there is a reason I play mostly Roleplaying and not boardgames. Coop-computer games and not PvP. I'm a very bad competitor. I just hate competition really. For many reasons.

With a system like the "the one who helps, gets the point", helping gets to be a competition and I know I'm to slow and to ignorante to want to participate. I have already give up. Also what to do, when multiple answers really was the hammer that hit the nail, not just one post from one person?

I see good points also in the pervious posts that I was thinking of. I'm siding with dulux-oz here.

This system is a bees nest (is that a saying in english?). This could cause some problems. I'm not saying it will, and considering that the community is the most polite, adult, helpful and most awesome community I have ever been a part of, I'm sure it will all go well. But it is a concern for me. It's a bit like individual performance pay in a company. There will be blood...... Some like that of course. I don't.

Posting on the social media? Fine, but what is ok to post? A post of what happened in my game last night? that I made a new Npc in my campaign? That there is a new update and I just got it? Who gets to judge? do you? So with 500 posts on so many different media you have to judge each and everyone of them? Do I need to tell you I have posted it and then you have to check? and what if we do not agree about if this is an ok post? What if I only have 2 followers on Twitter? What if I had 200000? is that worth more?

Demo session... what if no one sign up? what if I just stuttered through the session with my Dangrish (Danish/english, just made it up ;)) and no one understod a word I said? Who is to judge if the session was worth any points? You ;)?

Man you got a lot of work on you hands with this...

Last thing, I promise. I always thought that you WERE very open with what was the future plans of FG, and have shared your thoughts and beta builds and such. but now it sounds like you want to keep this to a special group of elites? :(

I understand the motivation for this system. I really do. And my first thought was "Nice!". But the more I thought about it, the more I got worried about the things I have written in this post. I hope you have considered these point. Else, now you have them from me to discuss at Smiteworks.

I am and will always be as active in the community as I feel like. Immortal or not. System or no system I will continue what I do on my own terms, nothing is going to change that. Though the 50 dollars worth of products.... I want that.... ;).

Best of luck with this :).

Tiq.

P.s. For everyone who read this; I'm not really interested in starting a discussion where I have to defend my points. Take it as it is, agree or don't, I really don't care. I have aired my concerns and that was what I wanted.

Valarian
July 12th, 2014, 10:06
Nice idea, but the points and affiliate system has the potential to cause trouble. Personally, I like the Immortal title as being just a little bit of a status thing on the forum. Recognition that you've been acknowledged by the developers as having contributed significantly to the community.

My worry, as with the "free-to-play" MMOs, is that the point system will be seen as a way to save up for content and won't generate income for the company. I also fear that the the entitlement crowd will start on this and begin to demand "their" points for doing pretty low-impact and inconsequential things. Things that a person with an interest in the product and community should be doing anyway.

It may well generate interest in the new guys for content they may not have thought of getting otherwise. But it's difficult to stop such a scheme once started, and the scheme itself may generate ill-feeling in the community. Rewarding some and not others will be bad, and people will begin to expect a reward if they do something.

Also, do existing Immortals have to reapply? Once you're in, is there an age-out policy? As in you have to remain active in the community, or do you just stop "earning" points.

Blacky
July 12th, 2014, 10:52
One thing is that marketing things seems valued (Facebook posts), while durable things that improve FG itself (meaning it's attractiveness) like decent community resources (from battlemaps to ruleset, from mods to skins, whatever) aren't.

I understand it's tricky for various reasons, and has less of an immediate impact on sales, but it's more important on the long run and much more difficult and time consuming to do than posting some FG lolcats on Facebook.

This is something that might induce some behaviors or shifts inside the community you probably don't want around.

Just my 2 cents.

Carthar
July 12th, 2014, 15:02
My two cents:

Extensions, skins, mods etc should get points based upon the number of people that download them. Videos based upon how many views.

You should be able to accumulate points towards discounts (like get 50 points and get 50% off one item).

dulux-oz
July 12th, 2014, 15:26
Extensions, skins, mods etc should get points based upon the number of people that download them. Videos based upon how many views.

And what's to stop someone (or their friends) from re-downloading the Extension, etc, over and over again to wrack up the points, or start to watch each video and then re-start over and over again for the same effect?

RTFallen
July 12th, 2014, 16:41
And what's to stop someone (or their friends) from re-downloading the Extension, etc, over and over again to wrack up the points, or start to watch each video and then re-start over and over again for the same effect?

I agree with dulux on this one. It would be too easy to exploit.

Resire

Carthar
July 12th, 2014, 18:00
Your time would be better spent spamming social media. It looks like that would get you the most points. Just create a few fake accounts like most people do for apps that require the same sort of spamming for points.

Yes view/downloads could be exploited but so can the current system.

There should be a higher reward for contributing things everyone uses as opposed to things no one uses. You could create hundreds of 2.5 minute long videos that no one watches, or one 10 minute video that everyone watches because it is useful. Under the proposed system, the person who made the good video loses out.

Anyways I think you won't see people exploiting if you offer discounts as opposed to goods $$$.

dulux-oz
July 13th, 2014, 00:54
When I first encountered FG I lurked on the boards for over 6 months before I joined the community, even though I purchased an Ultimate License very early on. During this time and since I've come to trust and respect the opinions and answers of the Immortals because they are very knowledgably and helpful, and have obviously gone "above and beyond" in the support of FG and the community to be awarded with the title in the first place. I don't always agree with their opinions, but I do respect them!

When this topic first came up I jumped at the chance and submitted an application straight away, because I too desired to be recognised and thought of by my peers as someone who could be trusted and respected in regards to FG. I applied even though I knew that I'd probably not retain the status for very long because I don't do Facebook or any other social media (apart from LinkedIn) and I don't generally have the time to run a lot of games outside of my existing group, but I thought that my existing contributions might "get me over the line", at least initially. This is one of the reasons that prompted me to write my first post in this thread.

Now that I've had a night to sleep on it I've come to the conclusion that this is a very good idea but that (in my opinion) its being implemented in the wrong way. Let me try to explain.

I can see exactly what SW is trying to achieve, and while that type of thing is important to the growth of FG, its only part of the story. As others have pointed out, at the moment the scheme encourages short-term behaviours and not long-term activities, which are also important for FG to grow. But more importantly, it diminishes the value of, or "cheapens" if you prefer, being an Immortal.

The title of Immortal should be like a Victoria Cross, Medal of Honour, Legion of Honour or Hero of the Soviet Union - something that is awarded for behaviour which is special in some way. Being able to "game the system" to get the award cheapens the award - and who's to say that just because someone posts 50 tweets or FB posts is any more knowledgeable or trustworthy than say, Trenloe or any of the other existing Immortals.

No, I say don't award the participants in this program with the title of Immortal, but instead call them something like Champions, for instance. Retain the title of Immortal for those who really are worthy of it.

In fact, I'd go so far as to say that make it possible to only become an Immortal by first being nominated by someone else, then have a panel of three existing Immortals (including possibly Doug and/or Moon) decide based on the nomination if the nominee is indeed worthy. A sample nomination might go something like this (I'll used damned as an example, but this can also be treated as a real nomination as well):

Nomination for Immortal
----------------------------

I, Dulux-Oz, wish to nominate damned for the award of Immortal for the following reason(s):

He always provides useful and well thought-out answers to questions and discussions and has done so over a long period of time.
His excellent Videos.
His contributions to organising and running the FG-Cons.

---------------------------

Personally, I'd much rather have the title of Immortal and the respect, recognition and kudos that goes along with what the title currently means that the $50 credit that being a "Champion" would bring.

Just my $0.02 worth

Cheers

RTFallen
July 13th, 2014, 02:17
I can see exactly what SW is trying to achieve, and while that type of thing is important to the growth of FG, its only part of the story. As others have pointed out, at the moment the scheme encourages short-term behaviours and not long-term activities, which are also important for FG to grow. But more importantly, it diminishes the value of, or "cheapens" if you prefer, being an Immortal.

The title of Immortal should be like a Victory Cross, Medal of Honour, Legion of Honour or Hero of the Soviet Union - something that is awarded for behaviour which is special in some way. Being able to "game the system" to get the award cheapens the award - and who's to say that just because someone posts 50 tweets or FB posts is any more knowledgeable or trustworthy than say, Trenloe or any of the other existing Immortals.

No, I say don't award the participants in this program with the title of Immortal, but instead call them something like Champions, for instance. Retain the title of Immortal for those who really are worthy of it.

I can see where you are coming from on this, and when put in this light I wouldn't qualify to become an immortal (and may never qualify). As an applicant I would be fine with a different title, as you have suggested, so that the immortal title isn't devalued. I've come to really enjoy FG and it's community in the short time that I have been here, and I want to help it grow (even if I don't get any goodies).

(Off-Topic)
BTW... Love your tutorial videos, can't wait to see what all you have planned for the GM side of things.

Resire

dr_venture
July 13th, 2014, 03:08
Glad you guys are looking for ways to get the community involved Doug, even in this early stage shaking out the Immortals program.

I'd just throw in my two cents that the points seem to both be a bit too stingy. For instance, I think if somebody shows up at a con and represents FG in person, that ought to be worth a couple of months of points by itself (assuming that the real-world remuneration is a discount on product, which simply represents lowered revenue for you guys, as opposed to outright cost of business). Also, as has been pointed out above, it's somewhat disappointing to see that my dozens and dozens of hours (I'm sure in the hundred including all the work on the C&C ruleset dev, it's UI, etc.) in developing community resources for C&C, as well as in the past answering tons of user questions and such on the forums, none of that has any value in the immortals program. I hope that's an oversight, as the long-term benefit to FG is far, far greater from adding a free C&C supplement with 50-odd classes, about 25 races, and 600 abilities than a few dozen social media posts. Just like in a retail store, having a lot of "stock on hand" is something you guys should find a way to exploit in your marketing to let people know the broad range of materials available to potential customers. Even with my Old West skin for C&C, which few people will likely use, there is a great value in a new user flipping through images of the FG UI and seeing a super-cool Old West skin, whether they use it or not... it makes the program look well developed and mature.

So blah blah... not trying to cry or whine about it -- I know you guys are still getting the details all worked out and balanced, and I wanted to give you some feedback from one long-time user. Good luck with the program, guys!

Blacky
July 13th, 2014, 03:50
Never saw the Immortal stuff, and never bothered asking what it was. I'm several decades beyond caring for a forum title :) However, hand a little around the boards, and anyone can quite fast see who answer frequently, and more important who really helps in a smart way.

As for this new marketing-PR-internship-whatever thingie, I assumed it was from now on, moving forward. If things are done for past deeds, there's quite a long list of people forgotten, especially outside these boards which for quite a bundle of years looked down on the non English speaker portion of FG users.

I don't mind WS needing some people to talk about FG on some big websites out there, and rewarding this (much more right than the companies trying to manipulate people in doing it for free or even paying for the privilege). But that's not at all the same thing as actually helping FG grow or helping its users. At all.

dulux-oz
July 13th, 2014, 09:32
(Off-Topic)
BTW... Love your tutorial videos, can't wait to see what all you have planned for the GM side of thiwngs.

Thankyou. The next one's in post-production as I write this :)

ddavison
July 13th, 2014, 17:44
Hey guys, thanks for all the feedback. I'll try to broadly address the theme of the posts more than any individual post. In general, the points awarded are not meant to compensate for the amount of time or effort required and are more set up to incentivize the activities we want to see more of.

1. FG as a brand was built in large part thanks to the contribution of the active Community members. This has taken many forms and I don't want to discount any one form or escalate any others above another. This is still in the proof of concept stage and the program may evolve over time; however, we are very aware of the contributions of people who have been with us for a long time and these people will get first consideration for becoming an Immortal if they are not already.

2. Rewards for permanent additions to FG: Many of our permanent additions, such as extensions, rulesets and module conversions already have a built-in compensation factor for future sales. One issue that was pointed out above is that having a great product or add-on is only cool if people know about it. One of the things we would like to encourage Immortals to do is to actually showcase existing products on Social Sites and gaming websites. This in turn will provide those Immortals with access to even more product and then it can be rinsed and repeated.

3. Videos: These are similar to point #2. The video itself can be very time consuming to make. Spreading the word about that video and getting people to watch them is something that we want to focus on here. With a video which has been properly broadcast to the various outlets, you can earn a decent chunk of points here.

4. Con Games: I wouldn't expect people to host a game at a con they weren't already planning to attend. These are valued, but they won't have as great of an impact as something that is broadcast to 1000s or people.

5. Gaming the system: We will be very selective in who we choose for the Immortals program and continuation in the program is not guaranteed. It will be a small group of folks originally who will be selected because they have the best intentions for the growth of FG. The rewards are nice, but we believe most people who volunteer and get selected are doing this because they love FG and want to see it grow. The rewards are mostly secondary for these folks and many of them are already doing a bunch of these things today. To be honest, I don't really want to manage and track points and have to validate whether or not someone really did what they said they did. We will be extending trust to these folks to report accurately based on the guidelines we've set forth. If someone abuses that trust, it would become obvious at some point and we would thank them for their time and remove them from the program.

6. What is okay to post on social sites? It depends. I don't want to give a list of everything that is okay but I will give Immortals some general guidelines. A lot of our great ideas came from our community and I expect the Immortals will have great ideas. Nothing that can't be hashed out with a quick "Hey, what about a post about X...?" email followed by a response like "Sure. That sounds like a great idea." The goal is not to micro-manage, but to allow the Immortals to expand our presence online. I'm pretty much posting about new products as they come out. Roll20 is our strongest competitor and they are doing a much better job at this than us. I hope this will help remedy that situation.

7. Support tickets: This is more of a guideline. If you post at the same time as someone else then use your best judgement on your points sheet at the end of the month. It's more of a general guideline than a rule. I won't want all the Immortals answering the same items, so we may look to assign moderators to specific topics, systems, etc.

One concern is that people who already contribute to FG will be discouraged from continuing those things if they aren't in the "Rewards program". I hope that is not the case and I hope they will see that this program will help bring in new users - new GMs, new Players and new contributors. An Immortal might essentially "advertise" and show off something you built. If it is something we sell as an official add-on, then you should see a positive impact from that. In the end, my recommendations if for people to continue doing what they enjoy doing. If you build extensions, you probably enjoy that aspect of the hobby. Keep doing that. If you enjoy talking to gamers about products, then the Immortals program might be in your future.

BTW, pretty much everyone who has posted here is someone I view as being a valuable member of the community (with RTFallen being newer than most but still valued.)

ddavison
July 14th, 2014, 20:17
It has been raised that since we already have the title of Immortal through our forum for significant contributions to the FG Community, we will be looking to change the name of the program to something else. For now, the working title will be FG Champions. Please feel free to submit other ideas for alternate titles.

Blacky
July 14th, 2014, 22:28
I support the name change; not the same thing, not the same name; good idea.

Oberoten
July 14th, 2014, 23:12
Arriving a bit late on this discussion no doubt. Getting married and being on vacation will do that to you. The points... Hmm. Why per month? Cumulative over a time period might not be a bad way to do it. 50 pts / month is a game session / week. Heck most of us doesn't even manage that for our our gaming group.The community as it is today would be far less without the work of the many people who develop and maintain the free rulesets and extensions. Yet, I see and hear nothing about rewarding this. In fact I was not even asked if my Ars Magica ruleset could be posted to the library. Saithan, Valarian, Joshuha, Toadwarth, Doc Venture, Unerwünscht just to mention a few. All have contributed copious amounts of value for the customers that come in. I don't think we can afford to alienate major contributors. Yet some of these people have left. I think that perhaps an aknowledgement of what they have done should be a priority over having us move out and spam facebook.Especially with API changes meaning that the older rulesets these people have made needs to be maintaned and updated regularily.- Obe

damned
July 14th, 2014, 23:26
Getting married and being on vacation will do that to you.

Getting married will do a lot of things to you!
Congratulations :)

dulux-oz
July 15th, 2014, 04:41
Getting married and being on vacation will do that to you.

Getting married will do a lot of things to you!
Congratulations :)

Ditto - Congratulations Obe :)

Griogre
July 15th, 2014, 18:35
Best wishes Obe. :)

ddavison
July 15th, 2014, 20:09
Thanks Obe and congrats on your wedding.

The work that has been contributed by these and many other folks are very welcome. In fact, that is precisely where John and I came from before we purchased SmiteWorks in 2009. There is a difference between supporting the hobby/community and doing work, in a sense, for some form of payment. When I played Warhammer Fantasy Battle and 40K regularly, I painted a number of armies and brought them up to game stores to play. This was hard work, but it also provided me with satisfaction of what I had built. It had the added side effect of making WFB and WH40K look more appealing to customers of the local store. I didn't view this work in the same light as the GW Outriders who scheduled games for new-comers, put on demos, modeling workshops, etc. I view many of the creative aspects with free rulesets and extensions as falling into this category as my own personal work.

Commercial rulesets are a different beast but I think those are already covered with the current commission model. I wish it was more, but that is only partly in my hands. This is a step that we hope will bring in more commissions for past work.

The reason this is monthly is because we want dedicated people to regularly promote FG. Two months of activity followed by a lengthy lull doesn't produce an active outreach program. We have plenty of existing material that we should be able to keep a steady stream for some time to come. It is more like salesman work and it may not interest some of our other contributors. The volunteers we have so far are quite good and known in the community already. This is probably not the first thing they would choose to do with their own free time though, so we feel this should be rewarded.

I hope that distinction makes sense in a non-offensive manner. We generally try to improve the product for everyone involved with constant updates, improvements and the occasional freebie. The more successful and widely adopted FG becomes, the more of this we can do. Since we don't charge a monthly subscription fee, the only way we continue to generate revenue is to sale the product to newcomers and sell add-ons to existing users.

Zeus
July 15th, 2014, 22:52
Just to add, for those community members who have developed a ruleset system and would like it included in the Wiki/Library, PM me a basic description of the ruleset, along with links to, any credits and where the ruleset can be downloaded from and I'll happily add it to the community rulesets section (following a quick sanity check/review).

Valarian
July 16th, 2014, 07:24
Will do. They're all in my rulesets folder, I just need to come up with a description of each,

Callum
July 16th, 2014, 10:56
I just wanted to say good luck with this program - it's a great idea, and I hope it gets many more people interested in FG (as well as giving something back to people who contribute a lot to the FG community). I'm afraid I won't be able to sign up - I just don't have the time at the moment (getting married and having a young son will do that to you). I'll continue to do my (very) little bit where I can - it's the least I can do in return for this great, constantly updated tool that's given me so many hours of fun with my friends (and introduced me to some new ones here).

RosenMcStern
July 21st, 2014, 10:49
I approve this idea, too. Some things might have to be changed along the road, but the general idea was absolutely needed. I will not sign for the program, as I do not have enough time, but if other opportunities for promotion come along please count on me.

ddavison
July 21st, 2014, 18:09
Thanks Callum and RosenMcStern.

Ardem
July 22nd, 2014, 04:42
The time I spent of Rulesets and various creations(they are never finished though) such as the Random Extension are a selfish one. Or the fact I helped other people, is also selfish in turn I know they will help me in some regards.

So I never feel the need to rewarded except the occasional thanks is good enough. I am sure some the other creators feel the same however I am definitely not opposed to FG creating champions to help promote more activity in numbers and opportunities.

My only hope is these forums 'stay' a picture of collaboration and helpful support without the arrogance of achievement, I think that all I could ask for.

Ram Tyr
July 24th, 2014, 18:48
Full disclosure: I don't post nearly as much as I used to. Ok, I haven't posted at all in awhile. I do check things out from time to time.

I suggest that the program needs to be more well defined. It seems what is desired are actually a team to help with marketing, but your activities list includes a couple of things that seem beyond the scope... such as the video creation some people have grumbled about and the responding to support posts. You probably don't need to go beyond your focus... marketing! This leads me to think that the program needs to be more well defined! (You are likely better served by having a different program for different activities, rather than trying to normalize the point system you've described to include, for example, both social media posting and video creation.)

In keeping with that focus (marketing), assuming the program stays, I suggest FG Ambassadors as the title, or something similar.

I also offer a warning... once you begin applying metrics to these activities it will have an impact on human behavior. You have, I am sure, heard of the saying... "You measure what you care about... You care about what you measure." Once you start measuring (and rewarding) these interactions you are incentivizing human behavior. The issue of quality control was brought up by a prior poster. If you 'care' about quality, what you measure should incorporate quality standards. Good intentions are rarely sufficient.

I wish you luck and congrats to the first set of lab rats that are taking up the challenge.

damned
July 25th, 2014, 02:31
Ho Ramza! Long time :)

khersheyjr
July 30th, 2014, 00:08
I think this is a great idea.