PDA

View Full Version : Savage Words Personality Weapon Links

grapper
July 11th, 2014, 16:06
I've been putting together a Weird Wars II module, and I was wondering if it is possible to use library references to weapons in the weaponlist section of the npc library.

I tried adding this:

<wehrmachtinfantry-1>
<name type="string"> Wehrmacht Infantry </name>
<weaponlist>
<id-00001>
<link type="windowreference">
<itemclass type="string">weapon</itemclass>
<recordname>reference.weapons.id-0009@Weird Wars II GM</recordname>
</link>
<name type="string">MG34</name>
</id-00001>
</weaponlist>
</wehrmachtinfantry-1>

where id-0009 is the tag name for the MG34, and "Weird Wars II GM" is the module name (I've used references successfully for edges and weapon tables, so the module name should be correct).

Should this syntax work?

Ikael
July 11th, 2014, 23:30
I've been putting together a Weird Wars II module, and I was wondering if it is possible to use library references to weapons in the weaponlist section of the npc library.

I tried adding this:

<wehrmachtinfantry-1>
<name type="string"> Wehrmacht Infantry </name>
<weaponlist>
<id-00001>
<link type="windowreference">
<itemclass type="string">weapon</itemclass>
<recordname>reference.weapons.id-0009@Weird Wars II GM</recordname>
</link>
<name type="string">MG34</name>
</id-00001>
</weaponlist>
</wehrmachtinfantry-1>

where id-0009 is the tag name for the MG34, and "Weird Wars II GM" is the module name (I've used references successfully for edges and weapon tables, so the module name should be correct).

Should this syntax work?

No. Not because syntax is wrong, but because weapons work differently. Weapons are always local references, never to modules/outside NPC databasenode. If you run FG and you drag and drop weapon entry from module into NPC sheet, it just makes copy of weapon into NPC sheet and does not maintain reference. This is why you code does not work.