PDA

View Full Version : PFS Scenario #24: Decline of Glory - Tuesday 7-15 (2pm Eastern/6pm GMT)

Blackfoot
July 10th, 2014, 22:18
A Pathfinder Society Scenario designed for 1st to 7th level characters (Tiers: 1–2, 3–4, and 6–7).

When the son of a famous Pathfinder gains control of his father's holdings in Taldor, the Pathfinder Society decides to build a new lodge there as a base to explore the many ruins of that crumbling empire. Unfortunately, the Taldan Phalanx has its eye on the holdings and an ancient curse has turned many of the residents into the walking dead. Can you survive the tangled web of Taldor's politics and fight off the echoes of the past or will you, too, see your glory decline?

Written by Tim Hitch****

Sign up on the Game Calendar (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=1223) and post your character here.
Please include the following:
Character Name:
Level:
Class:
COMPLETE Last Chronicle Sheet
Character File (.xml/.por/.pdf)

If your character is 'brand new' then please also include your:
PFS#
Faction:
Starting GP (gold remaining after starting expenses):

Syndrome
July 10th, 2014, 22:33
Character Name: Dante
Level: 5
Class: Monk
Ill get the xml and chronicle up on here sometime tonight

Skellan
July 10th, 2014, 22:45
Ideally I would like to play my bard - who is just a twinkle in my eye at the moment. If we look like we need the levels though I will bring my Cleric level 5 - who is a good general support character.
I will post the bard here in a mo

kwarner1986
July 10th, 2014, 23:04
I signed up, but I only have my level 1 Sorceress. If it becomes a 5th level meat grind I'll have to bow out.

I'll have my xml for you Blackfoot, however you may still have it since I played my last scenario with you. If not, no big deal, I'll get it to you sometime later today.

Syndrome
July 10th, 2014, 23:12
well i can play my support oracle if we play down

cmdisc
July 10th, 2014, 23:12
I also have a 1st lvl I can bring.

xazil
July 10th, 2014, 23:32
Ill come along with Haimel since it looks to be low level.
Name: Haimel Flint-Eye
Level: 1
Class: Dwarf Barbarian (Tank/Pet).

Blackfoot
July 11th, 2014, 03:28
Looks like this is going to be a low Tier Run...

Rose Claymore
July 11th, 2014, 03:31
I'd love to play but it depends on the subtier what I'd bring (and also if there is still room, think including myself there are 7 now). I have a level 6 cleric for the high tier, and a level 3 ninja for the low.

Blackfoot
July 11th, 2014, 03:35
I'd love to play but it depends on the subtier what I'd bring (and also if there is still room, think including myself there are 7 now). I have a level 6 cleric for the high tier, and a level 3 ninja for the low.
Lord Kavos has signed up on the calendar but has not yet posted here so a slot will not be held for him unless he posts here pretty quick... if not.. you are welcome to the slot Dust Raven.

Blackfoot
July 11th, 2014, 04:57
I signed up, but I only have my level 1 Sorceress. If it becomes a 5th level meat grind I'll have to bow out.

I'll have my xml for you Blackfoot, however you may still have it since I played my last scenario with you. If not, no big deal, I'll get it to you sometime later today.I do still have her file... if there are no changes I can load her up.

Rose Claymore
July 11th, 2014, 05:39
Forgot I had a cleric this low level. Rolled him up after my main cleric went above level 5.

Character Name: Zaphriel
Level: 4
Class: Cleric (Nethys) Scroll Scholar Archetype

The attached xml is just a straight conversion from Hero Lab with no modifications. If I have some time between now and Tuesday I can fix it up some and re-upload it, or just run with it as is. Clerics are pretty standard.

kwarner1986
July 11th, 2014, 05:51
I do still have her file... if there are no changes I can load her up.

Sounds good no new changes to be made. Do you require the last chronicle?

Blackfoot
July 11th, 2014, 05:58
Sounds good no new changes to be made. Do you require the last chronicle?I have it.

Dust Raven...
I'm going to give Lord Kavos until tomorrow to claim his slot (by posting to the thread) otherwise it's yours.

Rose Claymore
July 11th, 2014, 06:02
Dust Raven...
I'm going to give Lord Kavos until tomorrow to claim his slot (by posting to the thread) otherwise it's yours.

Sounds good.

Lord Kavos
July 11th, 2014, 09:00
I'm in buddy, was away during the day ...

Waiting to see what tier before I post PC details. Have lvl 7 arcane trickster build, lvl 3 cleric/ bard & lvl 1 drunken brute barbarian.

cmdisc
July 11th, 2014, 14:35
Logus Blithe
Level 1
Reach Bard (Archeologist)

I will edit this post with his XML and one-and-only Chronicle later today or tomorrow once I'm back at my own computer and have time to look over his character sheet.

Edit: Character attached

I did some shuffling around with him. He has spent 211gps on basic gear as he sold off his Scale to pick up Chainshirt, etc. I can hash it all out if you want. Otherwise I'll just note it on his next Pre-chronicle.

Blackfoot
July 11th, 2014, 20:17
Ill come along with Haimel since it looks to be low level.
Name: Haimel Flint-Eye
Class: Dwarf Barbarian (Tank/Pet).
I have a question regarding Haimel, where is he getting 'Alertness when Companion is nearby' from? That ability is something 'Familiars' get.. but not Animal Companions. Is he getting it from something I'm missing?

xazil
July 11th, 2014, 23:58
There is a companion archetype called bodyguard where the the companion gives up the share spells ability to give alertness while adjacent like familiars do amongst other things. I can mail you that page from my PDF if you like or PFSRD (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/druid/animal-companions/animal-companion-archetypes/bodyguard-companion-archetype)

Lord Kavos
July 12th, 2014, 04:57
If we are playing low tier, then here is Ulfgar's files...

Rose Claymore
July 12th, 2014, 07:37
Looks like you've got full table. I'll bow out and wait for the next one.

:)

Blackfoot
July 12th, 2014, 07:47
Looks like you've got full table. I'll bow out and wait for the next one.

:)It does... lots of level 1s. So I'm guessing we won't be playing the 6-7 subtier. :)

cmdisc
July 12th, 2014, 08:48
Looks like a nice setup. 2 Barbarians, a pet, 2 Bards, an Oracle, and a Sorceress.

Logus informs the group that if (when) we get into any scuffles, he has reach and will plan on standing either right behind or one off of either Barbarian (or the pet) as spacing allows. He's also not against doing some scouting as needed.

Unfortunately for party support, he's an Archaeologist Bard, so his humming and bit of dancing around only affects himself...which should be fine if Skellan's bard can handle the party song buff. Otherwise it looks like we have 3 that can use CLW wands (I have one to contribute) and possibly a healer depending on how the Oracle is built.

I'll say it now, it will be odd hearing Syndrome's voice in the game and not seeing a token on the table grappling anything. :p

xazil
July 12th, 2014, 10:40
Haimel nods in welcome to Logus and adds his own cure light wand into the pool. He mentions that he is willing to act as a part of a scouting group or to act as a focus for foes. While Brutus the badger can also scout along and act as a defense on the back lines or flanking, if not a true focus. A student of history and miscellaneous other pieces of information, searching ruins for information to add to his note books is always welcomed.

kwarner1986
July 12th, 2014, 14:38
Looks like a good party formation. Evelyn adds her wand of CLW to the group as well.

Skellan
July 12th, 2014, 22:23
my bard is actually starting life as a fighter archer - but I will bring a wand of clw with me

Skellan
July 12th, 2014, 22:27
it could get quite scary with a party of lvl 1's. mind you,I am glad Haimel is here, he took a fireball in the face last mission and lived to tell the tale

Skellan
July 13th, 2014, 20:40
My info is all located here

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/zgg57n0ezy6h883/AADy3rP0heIvMcQoDYjL3mAga

Blackfoot
July 13th, 2014, 21:43
Looks like we are just missing Syndrome's Oracle at this point.

Skellan
July 13th, 2014, 21:44
I just updated it as I messed up his bow after playing about with weapon sizes lol. Sorry

Lord Kavos
July 14th, 2014, 09:08
Ulfgar also uses a reach weapon, but has QuickDraw so he can guzzle down his favorite brew while he rages...

Syndrome
July 14th, 2014, 10:58
actually you should still have my oracle as well... your is the only game ive played in so far with him.. sebastian

Syndrome
July 14th, 2014, 11:04
and my oracle is a healing build with channel energy as well... i dont have a clw wand yet but it seems were fairly well stocked on this adventure lol

cmdisc
July 14th, 2014, 11:13
Logus suggests that anyone with a CLW wand hand it to Sebastian so he can keep us topped off, but he will hang onto his in case the healer goes down. Then we just make sure to divvy up the charges between them as we go.

Blackfoot
July 14th, 2014, 17:54
OK. I have everyone loaded up and ready to go for Tuesday Afternoon.

Skellan
July 14th, 2014, 22:41
Great - I will log in early so I am ready to start

xazil
July 15th, 2014, 01:40
Blackfoot, you be ok if I swap to another character?

Just read the news that tieflings and aasimar are being pulled out again unless they have XP and this is probably the last PFS game I'll see before the GenCon deadline (where ironically I will be playing The Confirmation).

I have a tiefling paladin of Sarenrae - Shepard Mordel (# 132871-2) prepared and can upload shortly if that's ok.

He can also fulfil the tank role, although only has the starting gear of course.

Blackfoot
July 15th, 2014, 01:43
Blackfoot, you be ok if I swap to another character?

Just read the news that tieflings and aasimar are being pulled out again unless they have XP and this is probably the last PFS game I'll see before the GenCon deadline (where ironically I will be playing The Confirmation).

I have a tiefling paladin of Sarenrae - Shepard Mordel (# 132871-2) prepared and can upload shortly if that's ok.

He can also fulfil the tank role, although only has the starting gear of course.
It's fine with me... just get me the new character info.

xazil
July 15th, 2014, 04:25
Character Name: Shepard Mordel
Class: Paladin
PFS#: 132871-2
Faction: Silver Crusade
Starting GP: 5.4

cmdisc
July 15th, 2014, 07:41
Assimars and Tieflings are being pulled from PFS? Or from the Paizocon only? And if the former, when is the deadline?

Blackfoot
July 15th, 2014, 07:51
Assimars and Tieflings are being pulled from PFS? Or from the Paizocon only? And if the former, when is the deadline?
You can find the info HERE (https://paizo.com/paizo/blog/v5748dyo5lgau?New-Options).

cmdisc
July 15th, 2014, 11:28
Ok, thanks for this. Looks like I need to get my Tiefling witch off the drawing board and into a game sometime. At least I have a few weeks.

Blackfoot
July 15th, 2014, 17:24
The server is up and the address can be found on the game calendar (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=1223).

cmdisc
July 16th, 2014, 12:44
Hey BF, thanks for the game. Worked out well in the end, although I was worried about some of that. It was nice to have a heavy hitter among us. He really shines at these low lvls. Once we start needing some serious Will saves, though, I'm hoping he doesn't get shut down (or worse Turned) too easily. Nice builds, everyone.

Lord Kavos
July 16th, 2014, 14:16
20 STR + reach weapon + combat reflexes + drunken rage...I was fairly happy how he turned out. Plus alot of fun to roleplay his infatuation with alcohol, and the adventure took Ulfgar to a distillery, of all places...

Will saves always the bane of the BDF, but raging & Cayden Cailean trait gives him +4 to will vs mind effecting effects, so hopefully that should help out against those charming spell effects...

Skellan
July 16th, 2014, 16:44
Yeah, he is a great character. I hope I get the chance to adventure with him again.

Cheers for running Blackfoot. I really enjoyed it. I will have to get that scenario

kwarner1986
July 17th, 2014, 18:06
Evelyn loved being carried by the drunken barbarian. Thanks for running Blackfoot.