PDA

View Full Version : Odd Behavior with the Armor Check Buttonfield

sciencephile
July 9th, 2014, 03:52
I created a ruleset that uses a merge="join" on the record_char_inventory.xml to add a different set of stuff in the coinage area. The inventory list, armor check penalty stuff, and the encumbrance frame were untouched (a pass-through from the Core RPG ruleset. The buttonfield for wearing armor and invoking the armor check penalty works as expected.

I am writing an extension of the above ruleset and using a merge="join" again on the record_char_inventory.xml (which passes through the above mentioned rulesets' version of the file in order to re-format the frames and components.

In this extension version, the buttonfield for wearing armor works mostly. It changes color (faded for not checked, black for checked) and applies the appropriate penalties for the skills. What it does that is peculiar is that the buttonfield state graphic does not change. Regardless of being checked or unchecked, the graphic still shows checked.

In both the ruleset and the extension, the entire armor check penalty frame and components were left alone so there shouldn't be anything that caused it (not directly because of the changes). What I'm wondering is if the script somehow got wonky due to a merge of a merge.

sciencephile
July 9th, 2014, 05:58
Update: I fixed it but I have no idea of why (unless it is a weird merging thing).

I changed the name of the field itself (not the DB source attribute name, but the name="" name and this reverted the behavior back to normal. I'm guessing it is a quirk with multiple merge joins, but I'm not entirely certain.