PDA

View Full Version : Bug (3.5): Damage bonuses do not update with ability score changes

HoloGnome
July 8th, 2014, 02:20
When changing an ability score such as Strength results in a change to its modifier (17->18, for example), not all weapon damage fields update to show the correct ability modifier. In order to fix the problem, you have to manually go into each weapon and toggle the ability field in the damage line item.

In trying to reproduce this bug, it may relate to a combination of ranged/melee weapons - not sure. But, I just added a mix of weapons to a freshly-created character, then modified the strength ability. Some of the weapons updated, and others didn't.

It could be an off-by-1 list iteration problem. Not sure. It may require the presence of multiple weapon entries on the action tab to manifest and/or a mix of ranged/melee weapons.

damned
July 8th, 2014, 04:59
hmmm... i think the strength bonuses do not adjust weapons - they adjust the roll at the time of weapon use?

HoloGnome
July 8th, 2014, 05:59
When you set up weapons on the actions tab, the strength bonus shows to the right as part of the damage description/text. For example, 1d8 + 3 slashing for a longsword at strength 17. The problem is that when you go to the abilities tab and change the strength to 18 (+4 bonus), not all the weapons update their damage descriptions properly until you open up the weapon and cycle through the ability selector on the damage item. Otherwise, the bonus on some of the weapons remains at the old level (+3 instead of +4). It looks like a bug to me, but I'm not sure of the exact cause. Could be list iteration, mix of ranged/melee, etc., as above.