PDA

View Full Version : Turn Undead

El Condoro
July 7th, 2014, 01:19
I am sorry to ask a newb question but, can someone provide detailed instructions on how to set up Turn Undead for an NPC so that it can be used in the CT, please? I have printed off the Effects from the Wiki and can't figure it out. I'm hoping the penny will drop for effects in general when someone says "Do this..."

Turn Undead: Range 30', Save vs WIS, Duration 1 minute.

Do I put details in the Actions or Effects section of the NPC on the CT and what is the exact syntax? That kind of thing. Cheers

Moon Wizard
July 8th, 2014, 23:23
Here's how I would set up.

Create a new power (using edit and add buttons on the bottom of PC Powers sheet).
Name it Turn Undead, and the Channel Divinity Group.
Turn off power editing, and select the new power link.
Enter your information for the power.
Right click on power and select Reparse Spell Actions menu option (this will build cast/save entry)
Right click on power and select the Add Action->Add Effect menu option (this will create an effect entry)
Click on magnifying glass, and enter effect description of "Turned" and duration of 1 minute.

Cheers,
JPG

El Condoro
July 8th, 2014, 23:51
Thanks for that Moon Wizard. I should have been more specific in my post - I can do the powers for PCs on the PC sheet, but how do I replicate that for an NPC on the Combat Tracker? Since there is nowhere on the NPC sheet for powers I assumed I could add some sort of effect directly into the NPC's CT effects or actions or wherever. Cheers

Griogre
July 9th, 2014, 00:12
If the NPC is going to be a permanent member of the party it's probably easiest to just give him a character sheet. But if its a one shot type thing then you can just add the effect Turned for 1 minute to the campaign effects list. To do that press the "Effects" button to bring up the Effects window. Click the edit list button at the bottom right, Select Add item. This will put an empty effect line on the list. Just type in Turned, input 1 as the duration and click rounds to change it to MIN. You can then drag and drop the effect on any undead that are turned.

Moon Wizard
July 9th, 2014, 00:14
Yeah, it will have to be manually for now. I need to think about how we implement powers for NPCs, given the decisions that Wizards made. It complicates things quite a bit to add full spellcaster support to NPCs.

You might be able to mimic the ability by adding as an NPC action, so at least the saving throws should be double-click or draggable. I don't think "Turned" is a condition yet, so it won't pick that part up.

Regards,
JPG

El Condoro
July 9th, 2014, 00:38
OK, that's what I thought and what I've been doing. I just wondered if it could be added to the CT. Cheers

kalannar
July 14th, 2014, 18:26
Is there a method to have an effect on a creature expire on the next turn of a player? For example I cast ray of frost on a creature giving him -10 speed until my next turn. I tried targeting the creature and placing the effect to expire next turn but that doesn't seem to work.

Trenloe
July 14th, 2014, 19:16
Is there a method to have an effect on a creature expire on the next turn of a player? For example I cast ray of frost on a creature giving him -10 speed until my next turn. I tried targeting the creature and placing the effect to expire next turn but that doesn't seem to work.
Give the effect a duration of 1 round and it will expire on the same init count the next round.