PDA

View Full Version : NPC Skill Rolls

Talen
July 6th, 2014, 20:34
Sorry for the basic question - I'm new to 5e (didn't participate in the beta tests) and I didn't see an entry in the manual yet - How are skills currently added to the NPC sheet in FG?

El Condoro
July 6th, 2014, 23:33
Manually. On the Abilities sheet, click the edit button in the Skills area and and then add them in. Use the star icon to change from proficient to not. With parsed classes and skills you can drag and drop the whole lot but even then extra skills need to be added manually.

Talen
July 7th, 2014, 00:15
Manually. On the Abilities sheet, click the edit button in the Skills area and and then add them in. Use the star icon to change from proficient to not. With parsed classes and skills you can drag and drop the whole lot but even then extra skills need to be added manually.

I see how to do that with a pc sheet, but assuming Im looking in the right area, npc entries only have the "main" and "other" tabs. That being the case, Im still not seeing how to add skill checks for monsters.

El Condoro
July 7th, 2014, 00:40
Oh, sorry - my mistake. Monsters just have the abilities to roll against, as far as I know. So Stealth against Dex etc.

Talen
July 7th, 2014, 00:56
Oh, sorry - my mistake. Monsters just have the abilities to roll against, as far as I know. So Stealth against Dex etc.

Makes sense and a simple enough fix to add a modifier if , say in the case of a bugbear, their stealth roll is better than their base dex modifier by 4. Thanks for the info.

ShadeRaven
July 9th, 2014, 06:54
You can kind of trick it, Talen.

Under Actions, create an entry called Stealth. Then in the descriptive field, you can put in "+6 to hit." That field then will be rollable with a +6 bonus. Thus, on your combat tracker, under actions, you'll see, for the Bugbear, Stealth [ATK: +6] that you can click on to get a +6 roll on stealth. It'll show attack, but for pure one-button use, it'll work in a pinch. So you'll see in the chat box:

(GM) Bugbear: [ATTACK] Stealth (12 + 6 18) for a roll of 12 with a +6 bonus giving a result of 18 total. It works in the short term anyway, if you want a quick click for skill checks that aren't the same as their associated stat.

Hope that helps!
SR