PDA

View Full Version : Error opening Inventory on player sheets

mattcolville
July 6th, 2014, 18:18
Ruleset Error: windowcontrol: Database type mismatch for control (showonminisheet) in windowclass (char_invitem)
Ruleset Error: windowcontrol: Database type mismatch for control (showonminisheet) in windowclass (char_invitem)

This happens every time anyone opens their inventory. It doesn't stop anything, everything still works, there's just this annoying popup.

I'm running the latest version of FG, the 4E ruleset, ther Enhanced Images and Languages and Journal extensions. I suppose I could switch those off and see if it's one of them...

Trenloe
July 6th, 2014, 18:22
I suppose I could switch those off and see if it's one of them...
Yep, first rule of troubleshooting in Fantasy Grounds.

mattcolville
July 6th, 2014, 18:30
My bad. My players are in the server right now and I didn't want to kill it to troubleshoot this. I sorta hoped it would be some other known problem.

mattcolville
July 10th, 2014, 02:57
I loaded the campaign with all extensions turned off and all modules closed and still got that error when I opened any player's inventory.

I started a new 4E campaign and made a new character and did not get the error.

Is it possible the database is corrupted?

Trenloe
July 10th, 2014, 03:09
Is it possible the database is corrupted?
It sounds like the database records may have been created with another ruleset or extension active so the inventory items have the wrong data type for the current 4E ruleset.

Export the XML of the PCs that you are having problems with, put them in a zip file and attach that file here - I'll see if the issue can be fixed on the specific characters.

mattcolville
July 10th, 2014, 03:22
Wow, thanks for the help! I hope it's not a pain in the ***.

Trenloe
July 10th, 2014, 05:22
These should work for you.

All of them had the data type for <showonminisheet> as "string" where the ruleset is expecting number. I did a find/replace in the PC file - find <showonminisheet type="string"> replace with <showonminisheet type="number">

Something in the past with these characters has set that field wrong - were they exported from a different campaign or an old ruleset or something? I've checked the v2.9 4E ruleset and this as using a type of number for that version. But looking at an old copy of the sample campaign "A Tale of Dinor" they are using string. So, at some point in the past it changed from string to number. If these PCs were in an old campaign the data would have updated as part of the upgrade process when the campaign was opened (at least it should have) but if these PCs were exported from an old campaign and then imported into a new one the upgrade process may not have taken place.

mattcolville
July 10th, 2014, 05:53
These should work for you.

All of them had the data type for <showonminisheet> as "string" where the ruleset is expecting number. I did a find/replace in the PC file - find <showonminisheet type="string"> replace with <showonminisheet type="number">

Something in the past with these characters has set that field wrong - were they exported from a different campaign or an old ruleset or something? I've checked the v2.9 4E ruleset and this as using a type of number for that version. But looking at an old copy of the sample campaign "A Tale of Dinor" they are using string. So, at some point in the past it changed from string to number. If these PCs were in an old campaign the data would have updated as part of the upgrade process when the campaign was opened (at least it should have) but if these PCs were exported from an old campaign and then imported into a new one the upgrade process may not have taken place.

Thank you sir! Much obliged.

The characters have only every existed in the one campaign. Maybe it's a problem with the character converter?

Moon Wizard
July 10th, 2014, 07:41
Looks like there was an incorrect type in the DDI conversion XSL sheet in the character converter. Not sure how it slipped by for so long. Just pushed converter update.

JPG

mattcolville
July 10th, 2014, 20:47
Yay! I helped fix a bug! :D

darrenan
July 10th, 2014, 20:57
Give that man a cookie.