PDA

View Full Version : 5E Alternate Wound Colors Extension

Griogre
July 6th, 2014, 18:03
I ran a 5E game and not having the wound colors the way I was use to them bugged me - so I made an Alt Wound Colors extension for 5E and l'm sharing.

This extension changes the default wound colors on the party sheet, combat tracker, and tokens for the Tiered and Standard settings. The tiered colors are:

Blue for Healthy
Green for Light Wounds
Orange for Moderate Wounds
Red for Heavy Wounds
Black for Critical Wounds
Gray for Dying, Unconscious, Dead.

Light and Critical Wounds are omitted if you don't have the option Detailed Wounds on. There's some minor changes to the tool tips on the party sheet.

For standard (gradient) settings wounded creature colors will shift from green to red for wounds of 1 to 50% and from red to black for 51% to 99% wounds, with unwounded creatures being blue and dead/dying being gray.

This is the release version. If you notice any problems, post them here so I can update the extension.

You can download the extension here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/wpquyca159imi1e/5E%20AltWoundColors%2010100.ext?dl=0

Edit: Extension updated to work with FG 3.3.7 changes to party sheet and link updated to point to release 01.01.00 version.

ShadeRaven
July 9th, 2014, 06:26
Cool stuff. Thanks, G!

Griogre
July 10th, 2014, 00:46
Glad you liked it.

I just did a fast diff and didn't see any problems with version 3.0.6. Let me know if you see any problems, it will probably be a few weeks before I run another 5E game.

Griogre
September 24th, 2014, 23:20
This extension needs to be updated for the new release of FG 3.0.8. Until I update it you should disable it.

Griogre
September 25th, 2014, 01:10
This extension has been updated to version 06 beta and works with FG 3.0.8. The new file name is 5E AltWoundColors 060.ext. This is a beta release, let me know if you find any problems with it. You should delete the older extension file of 5E AltWoundColors 050.ext See the first post for the download link.

Irondrake
September 25th, 2014, 16:56
Thanks Griogre! Will give this a shot in our next session :)

Griogre
February 6th, 2015, 23:45
This Extension has been updated to work with FG 3.0.10 and the first post edited to point to the updated link.

Griogre
March 29th, 2015, 22:15
This extension has been updated to work with FG 3.0.11 and the first post edited to point to the updated link.

Vackipleur
June 2nd, 2015, 20:48
Hi,

Is it possible to update this extension to 3.1, please ?

Griogre
June 2nd, 2015, 21:31
I'll look at this when I get some time.

Griogre
June 2nd, 2015, 22:31
I've now updated this extension to work with FG 3.1.0 and updated the first post to point to the updated link.

WhtZombie
June 3rd, 2015, 15:05
Excellent, my players love this ext...

Griogre
June 3rd, 2015, 18:45
Glad to hear it. Yeah I did this extension because one of the questions the players always asked was who looks more hurt. I've also found that with big monsters the players cheer the color changes and it give them sense of how tough a monster is by watching how much damage it takes. I actually love JPG's color shifting code, its very elegant and feel a bit guilty replacing it. :p ;)

WhtZombie
June 3rd, 2015, 22:49
Yup, gives me a visual queue so I can either describe a massive hit or indicate the creature is slowing down due to its wounds...

jh79
June 4th, 2015, 06:33
Among my favorites also, thanks

Aaron
June 4th, 2015, 07:23
Thanks for the update Griogre. :)

Vackipleur
June 4th, 2015, 10:06
Woot ! Thank you very much. My favortie extension too :)

Griogre
June 4th, 2015, 10:07
You're welcome to you all. :)

bnickelsen
July 18th, 2015, 14:43
Is there any setup needed? It does not seem to be working for me?

Zacchaeus
July 18th, 2015, 16:04
Well the extension needs to be installed properly and there are some options in the options tab that you might need to experiment with. However before you get too worried about it the latest version of Fantasy Grounds (v3.1.2) which should be released soon will make this extension obsolete.

Griogre
July 19th, 2015, 05:39
Like Zacchaeus says you should be able to just drop the extension into your FG extensions folder. To get the most out of the extension Open the options menu and under Combat options, set View: Wound Categories to Detailed. In Token (GM) set "Token Show Ally Health" to Dot and set "Token: Show Enemy health" to off.You won't see much from the extension until you have some tokens linked from to the combat tracker in combat and they start taking damage.

I am hoping the extension will go obsolete on the next patch though I already have a friend asking me to updated it for 3.1.12 - just in case. ;)

Griogre
July 27th, 2015, 20:06
The AltWoundColors extension has been updated to be compatible with FG v3.1.2. The extension now also uses similar colors with the gradient setting in addition to the tiered setting. Whew, this is very nearly a Core extension now and I believe this will be a very stable release - hence the .9 version. Many of the things the first version of the forefather of this extension, Alt Wounds, did are now build in options in the ruleset. For those wondering, the option settings I use under "Combat (GM)" with this extension are: "View: Bar Colors [Tiered]", "View: Health - Ally [Status]", "View: Health - Non-ally [Status]", "View: Wound Categories [Detailed]".

Many of these settings have very little effect on the combat tracker of the DM but a major effect on the Player's trackers. If you are not sure what the settings mean and have a game in 5 minutes, the above are "safe" settings that don't show the players each others hps or the monster's hps, but do show how damaged they both are in 25% increments plus unhurt and dying/dead.

When you have time start a second instance so you can experiment with the "View" settings and see the results on the player trackers so you can customize them to your group. I have updated the first post to point to the latest 0.9.0 version. Let me know if you find any bugs in the extension.

rob2e
March 5th, 2016, 18:20
This extension causes CON and DEX to be switched in the party sheet. Any chance of that getting fixed?

Griogre
March 5th, 2016, 19:10
I'll take a look at it but it will probably be a day or two. I've got some work I have to do first.

rob2e
March 5th, 2016, 19:15
Cool. Thx. Love the extension.

Griogre
March 10th, 2016, 04:26
The extension has been updated to work with FG 3.1.7 changes to party sheet and the link on the first post has been updated to point to release 01.00.00 version. Its been stable long enough I'm going to call this the release candidate. Let me know if you see any bugs.

rob2e
March 10th, 2016, 05:35
Awesome. Thanks.

rob2e
March 10th, 2016, 05:42
No errors I can see...

GREAT!

Griogre
March 11th, 2016, 19:49
Glad you like it. :)

Griogre
November 4th, 2016, 05:14
My quick diff shows this to work with FG v3.2. Let me know if you see anything weird.

Jackological
November 5th, 2016, 08:08
Is it possible to customize the colors? I would like it to be Green Yellow Orange Red Black Grey instead

rob2e
November 5th, 2016, 08:10
Is it possible to customize the colors? I would like it to be Green Yellow Orange Red Black Grey instead

Yes. This! Is this possible? And what's the compatibility status with 3.2?

damned
November 5th, 2016, 08:20

Crack it open - have a look.

rob2e
November 5th, 2016, 17:00
Crack it open - have a look.

{having only the slightest clue, and not being a professional programmer fearing the worst} Challenge accepted!

rob2e
November 5th, 2016, 17:40

Seems you just need to edit manager_color.lua and change the colors to what you want.

If you're lost (like me), just change the .ext on the extension file to .zip, extract it, find that file, edit it, rezip, change the .zip back to .ext and you should be good. I just do this crap till I figure it out. I'm NOT a programmer.

Cheers!

damned
November 6th, 2016, 00:07
Seems you just need to edit manager_color.lua and change the colors to what you want.

If you're lost (like me), just change the .ext on the extension file to .zip, extract it, find that file, edit it, rezip, change the .zip back to .ext and you should be good. I just do this crap till I figure it out. I'm NOT a programmer.

Cheers!

Huzzah!

Jackological
November 6th, 2016, 01:12

Cheers!

Thank you and damned, much appreciated!

rob2e
December 19th, 2018, 22:42
Seems this doesn't work with 3.3.7. Specifically, when you put a PC in the party sheet, it go boom!

Griogre
December 21st, 2018, 00:28
This extension has now been updated to work with FG 3.3.7. The error was related to more party sheet things being moved up into the core ruleset from the 5E one. The link in the first post now has the latest version. Let me know if you have any problems.

@rob2e The color lua file didn't have any changes, so you can just copy your custom manager_color.lua over the extention's one and it will just work.

rob2e
December 21st, 2018, 01:23
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS! I love this extension.

ThanX!