PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Bestiary 4 OGL Module

Trenloe
July 6th, 2014, 05:45
Thanks to great work from hawkwind putting the majority of the text data together, we now have a full Pathfinder Bestiary 4 module. This has been created with the V2 Creature Parser so includes spell and spell like ability entries. The effects that are linked to spells are purely part of the standard FG effect parsing - so check them to make sure they are correct, these are not stored in the module they are created by FG when you open the NPC entry.

Download and unzip the following file (you'll get PF-SRD-Bestiary-4.mod) and copy the file to the <FG App Data>\modules folder. This will be available to activate as a library module named PFRPG Bestiary 4 within a PFRPG campaign.

There might well be the odd minor mistake in this module - please check it out and if there are any errors that you come across post in the thread below. Thanks.

Minor Update: Incorporeal creature attacks edited to contain "incorporeal touch" so that targets don't resist their attacks. Thanks Blackfoot.

Trenloe
July 6th, 2014, 05:54
Reserved...

The Dungeon
September 21st, 2014, 07:54
Thanks Trenloe I give it a try next Time I put up another token.

ekmule
November 2nd, 2014, 16:00
Thx for your works !

Nickademus
January 16th, 2015, 19:27
There might well be the odd minor mistake in this module - please check it out and if there are any errors that you come across post in the thread below. Thanks.

Just glanced through it, but when I looked at Demon Lord Pazuzu all his SLAs were set to DC equal to the spell level. As a CR 30, I doubt his dominate person is a DC 5. Not sure if this is important, but might be a bug with the spell/SLA parsing.

Trenloe
January 17th, 2015, 03:22
Just glanced through it, but when I looked at Demon Lord Pazuzu all his SLAs were set to DC equal to the spell level. As a CR 30, I doubt his dominate person is a DC 5. Not sure if this is important, but might be a bug with the spell/SLA parsing.
Looks fine to me:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/39085830/Screenshots/Fantasy%20Grounds/Demon%20Lord%20Save.JPG

And even a 19 on the die isn't good enough for Djub-Djub:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/39085830/Screenshots/Fantasy%20Grounds/Demon%20Lord%20Save%202.JPG

What version are you running (live or test) what extensions are you running?

Nickademus
January 17th, 2015, 05:02
Live, no extensions.

Upon further investigation, it seems to be DC 5 when looking at Pazuzu in the module from the library. But when drug into the campaign's NPC list, it shows as DC 15 when the NPC is locked and DC 28 when the NPC is unlocked.

Trenloe
January 17th, 2015, 05:12
Upon further investigation, it seems to be DC 5 when looking at Pazuzu in the module from the library. But when drug into the campaign's NPC list, it shows as DC 15 when the NPC is locked and DC 28 when the NPC is unlocked.
This is a base FG issue that has been reported before: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?20522-Pathfinder-Creature-Parser-V2-Beta-Version&p=177928&viewfull=1#post177928 Basically, spells should not be used directly from the locked library entries, the creature should be dragged to the NPC list or the combat tracker first and then use the cast button action for correct save DC.

If you want to see the proper save DC shown when you hover over the cast button do the following:

Drag the creature from the module to either the NPC list or the combat tracker.
Open the new NPC record you've just created.
Click on the spells tab.
Close the NPC window.
The next time you open the NPC and go to the spells tab the save DC will show properly in the tooltip.

Nickademus
January 17th, 2015, 07:42
Thought it might be something like this. Still thought I'd mention it in case I was wrong.

Trenloe
March 19th, 2016, 18:15
Minor Update: Incorporeal creature attacks edited to contain "incorporeal touch" so that targets don't resist their attacks. Thanks Blackfoot.

Drekketh
April 17th, 2016, 12:43
The Bestiaries are much appreciated. Btw is there a way to remove the read only option?

Trenloe
April 17th, 2016, 16:59
Btw is there a way to remove the read only option?
The base module is always read only. The best you can do is modify the data in a campaign, and that change won't be available in other campaigns unless you make the same change manually (or modify the base module XML yourself). Quickest way is to create a copy in the campaign: drag the creature/s you want to modify from the library to the campaign NPC list and modify them there (you'll need to unlock them once you've created the copy).

yeknom
July 1st, 2017, 23:39
The Bestiary is great, as are all of the Pathfinder products. I did notice that the Guardian Phantom Armor has no picture. When you click on the image it just brings up an "New Drawing".

Trenloe
July 2nd, 2017, 01:58
The Bestiary is great, as are all of the Pathfinder products. I did notice that the Guardian Phantom Armor has no picture. When you click on the image it just brings up an "New Drawing".
Are you,referring to the official Pathfinder Bestiary 4 or to the community created module in this thread?

yeknom
July 2nd, 2017, 01:59
Are you,referring to the official Pathfinder Bestiary 4 or to the community created module in this thread?

The official one.

Trenloe
July 2nd, 2017, 02:05
The official one.
In that case, can you log the issue here please: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?38100-Official-Pathfinder-Modules-Bug-Report-Thread

yeknom
July 2nd, 2017, 02:06
Yes, sorry about the wrong placement.