PDA

View Full Version : WFRP 2E Character Sheet Request

Alchemister
July 5th, 2014, 23:39
Hi Folks, does anyone have a working / workable character sheet for WFRP 2E?

I would be immensely grateful...

Leonal
July 6th, 2014, 07:39
Hi, my group uses the Dark Heresy ruleset to great success.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?20048-Warhammer-40K-Dark-Heresy-Ruleset-for-FG-3-0-Created

Alchemister
July 6th, 2014, 12:16
Many thanks for that, you are a true hero, cast from the very mold of heroes!

Leonal
July 6th, 2014, 12:52
Hehe :), thank the ones who make the ruleset. :D

Also check out the revised hit location graphic at the end of the thread.

Blue Haven
July 15th, 2014, 21:52
Hum...he asked for WFRP 2nd edition and you just point him the Dark Heresy ruleset...did any of you guys made a new ruleset for WFRP?? if so can you guys share it...? the one i have its the old one and its full of bugs...
Thanks

Paul Pratt
July 16th, 2014, 04:27
There currently isn't a workable WFRP 2e. I am working on a new WFRP 2e but it is a bit away. I think Leonal's group uses the 40k ruleset for WFRP as a substitute until then.

Blacky
July 16th, 2014, 16:54
There's a WFRP2 ruleset in French, probably a fork from an English one, but it's not very good at all (to stay polite); and got even worse since FG 3.0 incompatibilities. If one is truly pressed for time, some archeology around here might dig something up, but beware of what one will find :eek:

I strongly suggest waiting for Paul's ruleset.

Xydonus
July 29th, 2014, 22:08
There currently isn't a workable WFRP 2e. I am working on a new WFRP 2e but it is a bit away. I think Leonal's group uses the 40k ruleset for WFRP as a substitute until then.

This isn't actually true... there was a WFRP2e that we are using in our game, and it works fine. Think it was WFRP2_31 or something like that. It was on the wiki but seems to have been taken off, and it works fine with the latest FG.

Blacky
July 30th, 2014, 00:45
I looked at old wiki revision, didn't find it. I think you are talking about the old ruleset, in that case it had issues well before FG 3.0 and has gotten much worse since FG 3.0.

You might want to try simple things with the ruleset you are talking about: player to player whispers, saving and reloading an encounter, player targeting in both map and CT; just to take three basic examples.

Xydonus
July 30th, 2014, 01:55
I looked at old wiki revision, didn't find it. I think you are talking about the old ruleset, in that case it had issues well before FG 3.0 and has gotten much worse since FG 3.0.

You might want to try simple things with the ruleset you are talking about: player to player whispers, saving and reloading an encounter, player targeting in both map and CT; just to take three basic examples.

WFRP2_3.01_Final is the module name. We've used it for 2 years now and still using it, with the 3.0 system. Some of the annoyances that you mention are rather trivial considering it does the job. Player to Player whispers doesn't work, your right, and we never use player targeting in map since it's not needed and we use an abstract method. The combat tracker doesn't save but that's not too much of a problem. Other than that it's relatively fine and does the job grand for anyone wanting to use it until a better alternative comes along.

Blacky
July 30th, 2014, 03:49
Yup it's probably the same one I'm using (I added player to player whispers with GM copied and such, and I'm using the French fork). It's better than nothing, I give you that, but it's still light years from CoreRPG ruleset (not to mention D&Dish rulesets). And has a number of issues and bugs, like CT not being saved like you said.

As I said above, if one is strongly pressed for time, find this ruleset (if one can find it ^^). If not, I strongly suggest waiting on the new one. Or use the old one and switch to the new one later on, but campaign data will need to be manually put in, there will be no conversion.

Xydonus
July 30th, 2014, 09:43
Will character data be lost as well do you reckon if one was to transfer it? Out of curiosity how did you add player to player whispers, is it easy?

Blacky
July 30th, 2014, 11:05
As far as I know, any and all data will be lost. There's no moving data utility in FG, and the data format will be different. It's two different rulesets, nothing in common, it would be like switching from D&D4 to Call of Cthulhu :) Hence my warning. Theoretically one could write a small one off tool to do some conversion from XML export&import, it's not hard but would require some skill.

As for players whisps, I followed some code that was posted on the forums years ago. Had some trouble with it because some people did previous hacks on this part of code and on the ruleset as a whole (a Jdrvirtuel.com admin putting an ad for his website inside the code and messing things up), but even with no coding skill I managed to do it, the original code posted here was good.

I could check the files if you want the code, but I don't guarantee absolutely nothing ;) It's probably quite ugly and not sure to work for you.

Xydonus
July 30th, 2014, 11:21
Nah it's fine, cheers though. There is some intrigue going on in our game but we resorted to simply having a whisper sent to the GM, who will forward it to the needed player, but it's rare enough. Plus we use Teamspeak so communication isn't an issue.

almeidafreak
December 22nd, 2014, 20:50
Are there any news on the new rulest?

Paul Pratt
January 5th, 2015, 02:40
I have the WHFRP v2 rules almost complete. I just need to finish the combat tab and the magic tab. Sorry this has been so slow coming, I was assigned away from home again for work. I hope to have this completed soon and posted.

Blue Haven
January 20th, 2015, 18:02
Can't wait to check out your work friend :)

Xydonus
January 24th, 2015, 16:29
I have the WHFRP v2 rules almost complete. I just need to finish the combat tab and the magic tab. Sorry this has been so slow coming, I was assigned away from home again for work. I hope to have this completed soon and posted.

Nice! Looking forward to seeing that!

When you say you've got the rules almost complete, does that also mean the interface as well? Is there much more work?

almeidafreak
January 29th, 2015, 20:16
Wow, great news Paul! Thanks again for doing this!

littleo
April 2nd, 2015, 06:24
Really excited about this, as I would like to pick up my dormant WFRP campaign.
Mike D

Xydonus
April 2nd, 2015, 20:16
Really excited about this, as I would like to pick up my dormant WFRP campaign.
Mike D

If you've got the old ruleset that was used for 2nd edition Warhammer on FG pre-3.0, it will still work. It's what I use currently and does the job just fine. Just doesn't have any fancy features, but it is very much a working ruleset.

littleo
April 3rd, 2015, 02:32
I don't see it on the wiki? Thanks.
Mike D

Xydonus
April 4th, 2015, 23:53
I can upload it to my dropbox and send you the link if you like.

littleo
April 5th, 2015, 03:03
Sure, that would be great. Thanks.
Mike D

almeidafreak
April 7th, 2015, 19:00
Still, that ruleset is really crude. WFRP 2nd. Ed. is a majorly played game, it deserves a complete ruleset.

Blacky
April 7th, 2015, 19:15
Even if it takes time, Paul is on it.

almeidafreak
July 16th, 2015, 14:58
Any progress?