PDA

View Full Version : Any one converting the 5th edition version of "The Wizard's Amulet"

spacce1889
July 5th, 2014, 06:43
pregen included

https://froggodgames.com/5th-edition?utm_source=5th+Edition+Sneak+Peek&utm_campaign=5th+Edition+Sneak+Peek&utm_medium=email

El Condoro
July 5th, 2014, 07:05
It's missing a couple of things that I love - a regional map and floor plans/dungeons. There is a lot of text, though. In fact, and I'm not being critical, flaming or a troll, but giving my opinion, it has too much text. Close set and long, I haven't read it yet but the amount of text is intimidating me. :) For me at least, more white space and some colorful maps would be great - call me superficial! :) Cheers

Trenloe
July 5th, 2014, 16:18
Just a reminder that "free" is not copyright free. This 5E scenario is released under the OGL and page 1 clearly states that a lot of the scenario content is covered as "product identity" which is copyright material (see item #7 of the OGL on page 26).

What this means is that if someone converts this to Fantasy Grounds they cannot distribute it (even for free) unless they have permission from Necromancer Games (the copyright holder of this product). Now, in the past Necromancer Games released/allowed a Fantasy Grounds module to be made for this scenario for the FG d20 ruleset - so if they are approached they might well allow their permission for a FG conversion.

Griogre
July 5th, 2014, 17:49
I think I'll shoot them an e-mail asking to convert it. I have the old version of the module that they gave permission to convert so I expect most of the text is the same. The one unknown is we still don't know what, if any restrictions WotC is putting on 3rd parties and I have not looked at the module yet to see if Frog God are still using standard (ie licensed) monsters. Without game table WotC has less reason to prevent electronic/digital versions of it though.