PDA

View Full Version : Release 3.0.5(A)

Moon Wizard
July 3rd, 2014, 04:02
I'm looking at releasing a quick patch to address some minor ruleset issues. Since it's only ruleset items, I'm thinking of just pushing without a version number increase in the client. I could also push as 3.0.6 if you guys think that would be better.

Can I get some backup to double-check these to see that they are addressed?

[5E/PFRPG/3.5E/CnC] Effects with dice-based durations were adding dice results twice. Fixed.
[5E/PFRPG/3.5E] Missing targeting/expenditure header in PC spell effect action details. Fixed.
[PFRPG/3.5E] Script error when using DR with "and" clause. Fixed.
[PFRPG/3.5E] Missing PC notes tab appearance label. Fixed.
[PFRPG/3.5E] Script error when spending power points when using points-based caster class. Fixed.

Also, for extension developers, here are the changed files:

[5E/3.5E/CnC] scripts/manager_action_effect.lua
[3.5E] scripts/manager_effect.lua, campaign/scripts/spell.lua

JPG

dulux-oz
July 3rd, 2014, 04:23
IMNSHO: I don't think its worth a version number increase, its so small. If SW were using w.x.y.z numbering it would only justify a 3.0.5.1 number, not a full 3.0.6 - that's what my coders would consider/do, anyway - still, as always, its up to you :)

Cheers

Blacky
July 4th, 2014, 19:44
I think any kind of modification should change the version number. Unless it's pushed within minutes (single digit) of the release…

It's already quite hard right now to track changes. When you maintain a ruleset, lang packs, etc. there's no diff, no history, you can't have access to old versions, etc. Adding to this complexity isn't a good idea. There's nothing wrong with a new version number, even for a single forgotten comma or line added; it has no downside as far as I can see.

Griogre
July 5th, 2014, 18:12
Agree with Blacky, for what its worth, if you have a player/GM who doesn't update how would you tell? So you or others could waste a lot of time and effort on version mismatch stuff. *shrug* Version numbers are cheap...