PDA

View Full Version : 5E Ruleset question

El Condoro
June 30th, 2014, 13:34
I know it may be too early to be asking these kinds of questions, but here goes...

Is there an effect modifier for Advantage/Disadvantage? e.g. setting a modifier for the Prone condition (Ranged attacks at disadvantage). I assume there is because there is a button for it! They show [ADV] and [DIS].

I'm sure these things will be described in the coming weeks and months but my enthusiasm for 5E is getting the better of me! :)

Trenloe
June 30th, 2014, 16:40
In the 5E user guide in the Wiki:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/5E_Effects

El Condoro
June 30th, 2014, 22:50
I checked the Wiki but the wrong place (under supported games). Thanks a lot. Cheers

El Condoro
July 1st, 2014, 00:53
I am amazed at how multi-layered and powerful FG3 and the 5E ruleset is. I am really enjoying delving into it more deeply. However, as one who 'greedily delves too deep' I have struck a snag.

How is a potion set up and used? For example, a simple Potion of Healing that heals 2d8 + 2 hit points? I am assuming there is a way to input something like [HEAL: 2d8 + 2] and then drag that onto a CT actor.

I have parsed magical items and can't see where or what to put in. I have checked the effects documentation and can do that for the CT and spells but not magical items. Can someone help out, please? Cheers

El Condoro
July 1st, 2014, 01:17
I can't see an effect for adding temporary hit points - is that something that can be added as an effect or is it a manual thing? e.g. Second Wind

[Edit] nm found it. In the character's power tab, add a power with a heal action (TEMP) - brilliant!

Irondrake
July 1st, 2014, 04:03
It is really quite detailed once you figure out where things are.

El Condoro
July 1st, 2014, 04:05
Where should the resistance and vulnerability data be put on a monster form so that it appears when dragged onto the CT.

I have a skeleton NPC (resists piercing, vulnerable to bludgeoning). When I parsed the data in, those notes appear next to the HP (9) but it does not drag onto the CT. I can add [RESIST: piercing] as an effect once it's on the CT but that isn't how it worked in 4E and it's a lot of work for a company of skeletons! :) Cheers

[Edit] Found the problem - loose nut between the keyboard and the chair! :) I hadn't parsed the data properly.

Irondrake
July 1st, 2014, 13:39
Here is my entry of the skeleton I parsed from Scourge of the Sword Coast and if I remember correctly, these all show up in the combat tracker.

Skeleton (Unarmed)
Medium Undead
Armor Class 10
Hit Points 9 (2d8)
Speed 30 ft.
Senses darkvision 60 ft.
Str 11 (+0) Dex 10 (+0) Con 10 (+0)
Int 6 (-2) Wis 8 (-1) Cha 3 (-4)
Alignment lawful evil
Languages Common (doesn't speak)
TRAITS
Immunities: disease, hunger, poison, sleep, suffocation, thirst; cannot be frightened
Damage Resistance: piercing
Vulnerability: bludgeoning
ACTIONS
Melee Attack—Claws: +2 to hit (reach 5 ft.; one creature). Hit: 3 (1d6) slashing damage.
ENCOUNTER BUILDING
Level 1 XP 20