PDA

View Full Version : Is there a Module Similar to HeroQuest or Descent

edgat
June 29th, 2014, 05:58
A group of friends and myself are looking for a module that is more similar to heroquest or descent than dungeons and dragons aka a very simplified game with basic character sheets just health basic stats like body, mind, attack, defense, etc

Not complex character sheets like D&D

Is there a module like this or would it be possible to make something like this and what would time investment be to make something

Moon Wizard
June 29th, 2014, 07:41
No one has built a HeroQuest or Descent ruleset for Fantasy Grounds that I am aware of.

My guess is that there are a couple reasons:

* FG is really geared towards role-playing games, so that's why most of the features support that model (story telling with tools/rules and a game master controlling the game). I'm guessing from what I've heard of Descent and HQ that they are more structured than that.

* Unless a product is officially licensed through publisher, it is not legal to provide artwork and content from a game. You'll see that most rulesets involve record sheets to record and manage data (characters, NPCs, items, etc), but no data is provided unless OGL or licensed from publisher.

Regards,
JPG

cheechako
June 29th, 2014, 07:48
a very simplified game with basic character sheets just health basic stats like body, mind, attack, defense, etc

Have you looked into Savage Worlds or Basic Role Playing?

Trenloe
June 29th, 2014, 15:10
A group of friends and myself are looking for a module that is more similar to heroquest or descent than dungeons and dragons aka a very simplified game with basic character sheets just health basic stats like body, mind, attack, defense, etc

Not complex character sheets like D&D
Use CoreRPG and add the fields you need to the character sheet.

Griogre
June 29th, 2014, 16:55
I just wanted to second Trenloe here. For a simple game where the characters only have a few stats you can't beat using the built in Generic CoreRPG ruleset. The time investment would just be the time it takes a player to input the character info on the blank character sheet (a few minutes) plus another minute to make any necessary hotkeys.

Trenloe
June 29th, 2014, 17:31
If the GM spends a bit of time making a CoreRPG PC sheet, they can export the character format as an XML file and then re-import it back into FG - creating a new character with the custom format. This is like making a template - but you have to "export character" for the template XML file and then "import character" to bring in the template XML file as a new PC.