PDA

View Full Version : 5e Ruleset hopes

GunnarGreybeard
June 28th, 2014, 21:49
So, the new version is the first DnD version since AD&D I have honestly shown any interest in and I am really looking forward to it's release . I am curious if it'll get the full 4e ruleset treatment in Fantasy Grounds . . . in other words, an extremely robustly featured and functional ruleset, minus the data of course?

Moon Wizard
June 28th, 2014, 22:43
As far as I am aware, the 5E ruleset has roughly the same set of features of 4E (based on October play test material). Is there something specific you feel is missing that is 5E specific?

Regards,
JPG

El Condoro
June 28th, 2014, 23:42
One thing that might be nice to have: when a monster is dragged onto the combat tracker, its hit points are rolled randomly. Perhaps as an option if DMs want the base HP. So an ochre jelly (6d10+12) hp can have that rolled as it is dragged onto the CT instead of getting the base 45 hp - like initiative is done.

Irondrake
June 29th, 2014, 03:44
This was mentioned in another thread, and its something that I think Moon will look at a little later. 5E is based on the Core RPG set which doesn't use the same Hit Dice feature I understand...so random Hit Point rolling for NPCs wasn't built in.

damned
June 29th, 2014, 05:31
This was mentioned in another thread, and its something that I think Moon will look at a little later. 5E is based on the Core RPG set which doesn't use the same Hit Dice feature I understand...so random Hit Point rolling for NPCs wasn't built in.

C&C is a CoreRPG ruleset and we have the option to have average or random or max hitpoints for npc's....

GunnarGreybeard
June 29th, 2014, 06:17
Is there something specific you feel is missing that is 5E specific?
Nothing off the top of my head. Just hoping that once the final rules are released, the 5e ruleset gets updated/revised as needed. I love the extent of the 4e ruleset functionality (pathfinder too), just not personally a fan of those 2 systems and looking forward to seeing that kind of attention come to 5e.

damned
June 29th, 2014, 08:16
Nothing off the top of my head. Just hoping that once the final rules are released, the 5e ruleset gets updated/revised as needed. I love the extent of the 4e ruleset functionality (pathfinder too), just not personally a fan of those 2 systems and looking forward to seeing that kind of attention come to 5e.

I think JPG is telling you that this is a full featured ruleset and will get all the bells and whistles :)
I think major dev is paused right now until the actual rules get released so as not to waste resources on things that turn out to be different in the final product.

Irondrake
June 29th, 2014, 19:36
Very very soon. The character creation rules are going to be out on July 3rd. Some people have already started receiving their Starter sets. I'm not one of them :/

GunnarGreybeard
June 30th, 2014, 06:55
I think JPG is telling you that this is a full featured ruleset and will get all the bells and whistles :)
Yeah, that's what I'm expecting, just wanted to chime in on it. I'm really likely the ability to add the tables. ;)

Zeus
July 4th, 2014, 20:12
With the new layered ruleset approach all NEW ruleset functionality that gets introduced into CoreRPG should auto-appear under 5E (unless deliberately disabled). Also given that JPG, Doug, Trenloe, myself and other community members all actively play D&D (and plan to play 5E) as well as actively develop for the rulesets you can be assured the 5E ruleset will be loved as much (if not more) than 4E.