PDA

View Full Version : Bug: 3.5E Weapon Damage is Incorrect

HoloGnome
June 22nd, 2014, 20:19
Additions to base weapon damage are not working in the 3.5 character sheet.

See attachment.

1. Create a weapon, such as longsword
2. Set the base damage and add a plus modifier
-> the modifier does not show up in the damage description at the right of the weapon line item
3. Roll damage
-> the modifier is not added to the roll

HoloGnome
June 22nd, 2014, 20:53
Also, changing the damage in the weapon properties pop-up had no impact on this issue. I suppose that weapons can have more than 1 damage line item or effect, so maybe it's appropriate that the properties just show what is typical for the weapon - I don't know...

JohnD
June 22nd, 2014, 21:08
Have you ever actually been able to play a game using FG yet? Or has your experience been nothing but one bug after another? That would be a frustrating experience.

HoloGnome
June 22nd, 2014, 21:26
Yep - I've been playing and have now also started GMing a campaign. So far, so good, albeit with related quirks I have noted in my posts. Just posting the bugs when I see them. ;)

My latest GM trick is to add 0XP encounter items that just have the date of Game Play, then assign them as rewards prior to assigning the encounters for that session. The XP awards are listed in order and FG has no hierarchical content support to help organize the campaign. So, using this trick, the result is that I can see all the awarded XP at a glance listed with a date heading for each session when it was assigned in the party tools. Not the greatest solution, but better than the inability to track assignments vs. gaming session. And, unfortunately, there are no party tools logs for the assignment of treasure or items (except the chatlog.html in the campaign folder).

HoloGnome
June 23rd, 2014, 00:51
Regarding my comments in the previous post, I have added a suggestion if anyone agrees:
https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/proj/?ia=85541

Moon Wizard
June 23rd, 2014, 04:18
It's not a bug, but it is possibly a labelling issue. The signs +/x in the damage equation and tooltips are there to help, but it could probably use some more labels.

If you hold the mouse over the field you are entering the data into, the tooltip says "Multiple of Ability Bonus". By default, this value is 1. This field is used to support off-hand damage rolls (0.5xSTR) and two-handed damage rolls (1.5xSTR). The numerical field just to right of ability field is the maximum ability bonus (for example, composite longbows).

The damage bonus field is actually the last field.

Regards,
JPG

HoloGnome
June 23rd, 2014, 06:25
Ok - but I would suggest re-ordering it to match the typical damage specs and majority user expectation of ndx+c format. Adding in the strength multiple calculation could (and should) go at the end. Putting it in the middle only causes needless confusion.

HoloGnome
June 23rd, 2014, 06:40
Also - if the default value is supposed to be a 1, then a blank field is not the appropriate choice for display. It should probably have a 1 in it for the sake of clarity, especially since it accepts other values - 0, .5, 1.5, etc. When you put a 1 in it, it goes blank, leading the user to think that it didn't work.