PDA

View Full Version : Triage Trouble Shooting

SquareCat
June 21st, 2014, 18:58
Steam wont let me open two fantasy grounds, and I'm doing a lot of jumping back and forth having to export every time I load an image or something into one of the other modules: other wise I don't see it on my main module I'm using.

Is there a way around the Steam limit to the number of programs I can run? Maybe a way around having to export every time I have to load something into a different module?

The reason I called this Triage Trouble Shooting is that I could simply delete fantasy grounds, and reinstall from the down-loader off the web site. . . However I'm worried that I'd loose information either I or my players have input into the modules, if I export each one then cut and paste my campaign folder somewhere else do the delete/reinstall then copy the campaign folder back over.

Moon Wizard
June 21st, 2014, 20:45
You can just create a shortcut for:
"C:\\Program Files (x86)\Fantasy Grounds\FantasyGrounds.exe"

It may not register as running in Steam, but you will be able to launch two instances quickly.

Regards,
JPG

Trenloe
June 22nd, 2014, 02:07
I don't understand exactly what you're doing with modules, but if you are updating a module you can "refresh" the module in Fantasy Grounds by closing the module in question from the module activation screen and immediately opening it again - this will load the latest data in the module.

Depending on which version of Windows you are running you can right-click on the icon for the running Fantasy Grounds in the taskbar at the bottom of the screen and left-click on "Fantasy Grounds" and it will open another instance of FG.

SquareCat
June 22nd, 2014, 14:58
the short cut worked to open a second. I hadn't tried opening and closing modules in library. I'll give it a shot